The Third Redcafe Sheep Draft

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Finally everyone starts to see @Balu for the evil being he truly is.
Chester: ...Balu will know that without being told.
Skizzo: You mean Gio...
Chester: Gio is a pimp. He never could have outfought antohan. But I didn't know until this day that it was Balu all along.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I actually appreciate this from @Gio and the committee. They've made a great sheep draft so far that is fair yet punishing. This is what I like about the sheep draft, and I'm glad they've upheld that, even if it screws with my team.
I've liked the criteria in each round. I regret not having an ass.man. Cursed by my own hubris.

Enigma_87

You know who
I actually appreciate this from @Gio and the committee. They've made a great sheep draft so far that is fair yet punishing. This is what I like about the sheep draft, and I'm glad they've upheld that, even if it screws with my team.
Aye, it has been a lot of fun and credit to the team and @Gio for staying consistent throughout and handling all issues pretty well and fair.

It will be very interesting how the rest of the teams will field. As it stands now 6 teams are without sheep and all other ones we have to field at least one.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
ROUND 11, STAGE 1 RESULTS:

Skizzo/Pat - PASS / FAIL (Willi Schulz)
Chesterlestreet - PASS / PASS
Enigma/RedTiger - PASS / PASS
Joga Bonito - FAIL / FAIL (Michel Platini / Zé Beto)
Mazhar13 - PASS / PASS
Cal? - PASS / PASS
Snow - FAIL / PASS (Gaetano Scirea)
Stobzilla - PASS / PASS
Tuppet - FAIL / FAIL (Gaetano Scirea / Joao Pinto)
Isotope - FAIL / FAIL (Gaetano Scirea / Zé Beto)
EAP/ctp - PASS / PASS
Invictus/KM - PASS / FAIL (Willi Schulz)
The Stain - FAIL / PASS (Michel Platini)
Sjor/Physio - FAIL / PASS (Gaetano Scirea)
Marty/bleezy - FAIL / FAIL (Michel Platini / Joao Pinto)
Mjj -
FAIL / FAIL (Gaetano Scirea / Joao Pinto)

Skizzo/Pat, Snow, Invictus/KM, The Stain, Sjor/Physio - you must all pick a team-mate of the respective player highlighted above (from the same game).

Joga Bonito, Tuppet, Isotope, mjj and Marty/bleezy - you are free to choose another final.

You have 12 hours.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
We are pleased.

Very pleased, actually. Not the most adventurous of picks (had one of them before) but I dare call them rock solid.

Enigma_87

You know who
Aye, happy with the team. I think it turned out to be a very balanced squad and we only have to field one sheep which IMO is quite important for the first round.

Congratulations to Cal?, Chesterlestreet and Stobzilla who won't have to field a sheep in the first round.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Trying to make sense of who went for what here, but it's not easy. One thing in particular I can't get my head round, but I might be missing something.

Will be very interesting to see the full list revealed.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
What can't you get your head round?
Heh - I'd rather not say, as it pertains to specific players. It's a matter of someone having seemingly landed a player I find it very odd that said manager would have gone for, given what he apparently lacks (position wise).

But I might be way off the mark - like I said above, I could have missed something obvious here.

Enigma_87

You know who
Trying to make sense of who went for what here, but it's not easy. One thing in particular I can't get my head round, but I might be missing something.

Will be very interesting to see the full list revealed.
Actually I have a pretty decent idea who Cal? got(as always :D)
That game with Scirea, Ze Beto, Platini was the most obvious IMO as it had the best players, followed with the game that Skizzo/Invictus chose(at least for pairs). Then we have maybe only 2-3 games that can get you a solid pair. Apart from that is either you choose your own sheep and have one excellent player or fill your positions..

I have no idea who Mazhar, Stobzilla and EAP went admittedly.

The only thing that I can't get my head round is why Marty went for Joao Pinto since he already has Srna:confused:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The only thing that I can't get my head round is why Marty went for Joao Pinto since he already has Srna:confused:
I don't know how he intends to line up, but I suppose he could have fielded Srna ahead of Pinto - as a side midfielder of sorts. It's not an obvious move, though.

ctp

That game with Scirea, Ze Beto, Platini was the most obvious IMO as it had the best players, followed with the game that Skizzo/Invictus chose(at least for pairs). Then we have maybe only 2-3 games that can get you a solid pair. Apart from that is either you choose your own sheep and have one excellent player or fill your positions..

We went for what we needed, a keeper and a right back.

Marty1968

Srna has played left back as well as right so had a bit of flexibility there. But no matter, that ship has sailed!

Enigma_87

You know who
We went for what we needed, a keeper and a right back.
aye, I missed Lupu as a left back. Thought you needed to cover 3 positions...
Srna has played left back as well as right so had a bit of flexibility there. But no matter, that ship has sailed!
that makes sense. Yet I think with attacking options and full back one you have a better shot rather than 2 defenders. Considering the pool...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
BLOCKED LIST: Ferenc Puskas, József Bozsik, Dejan Savićević, Duncan Edwards, Ladislao Kubala, Florian Albert, Gyula Grosics, Paolo Roberto Falcao, José Santamaria, Franco Baresi, Lothar Matthäus, Elias Figueroa, Misael Escuti, Sepp Maier, Tarcisio Burgnich, David Villa, Ronaldinho, Zico, Lionel Messi, Daniel Passarella, Teófilo Cubillas, Robin Van Persie, Diego Forlan, Pierre Littbarski, Tom Finney, Gordon Banks, Bobby Moore, Franz Beckenbuaer, Frank Rijkaard, Didi, George Best, Jurgen Kohler, Rivaldo, Gerd Muller, Laurent Blanc, Demetrio Albertini, Alessandro Costacurta, Bixente Lizarazu, Ronaldo, Philip Cocu, Roberto Baggio, Luigi Di Biagio, Paul Ince, Hernan Crespo, Roberto Fabian Ayala, Juan Sebastián Verón, David Batty, Emerson, Ronald De Boer, Luis Figo, Marcel Desailly, Johan Cruyff, Carles Puyol, Giacinto Facchetti, Paolo Maldini, Willi Schulz, Gaetano Scirea, Michel Platini, Zé Beto, João Domingos Pinto.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As is Joao Pinto to be fair.
Yeah, I suppose so - he wasn't great. Still, I'd have him on a level above Batty. Captained his side to a EC win and was a pretty handy player - good for morale, tireless runner, that sort of thing.

- Don Chesterleone