Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Agreed 12oz, but its very clear that's how this show works. Production will want the more exciting players in the game and shift out the dull/quiet ones. The actual game element of this show is very contrived as the Producers constantly steer it to cause drama. Hence when Paul eventually gets caught out it will be a huge episode with lots of people talking. It was also Miles# fault for taking up the challenge of poisoning someone, he could have declined and forced Harry/Paul to do it. It was his own fault ultimately.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Fair, and obviously you have to watch any reality TV with a certain level of detachment as they can manufacture any reality they like in the edit, but if we assume the Traitors got told to find the chalice and do the deed but not that they'd be keeping their victim alive one more day and referring to it as a 'poisoning' I still think Miles has been done dirty.

buchansleftleg

I think the producers have over-manipulated that situation just to remove the "dull traitor" of Miles. It's one thing to spring a short notice execution onto the traitors and even then do the protracted death scene, but actually then using the word "poisoned" was WAY too big a clue for the Faithfuls and threw Miles under the bus. It's too far from the Final for Traitors to be doing these sort of cutthroat tactics and I think we could end up with a very disappointing final unless Paul is quickly exposed and Harry makes a good alliance with their recruit. If both traitors quickly expose the recruited traitor then it will be game over as I'm sure that Zak and Jaz now have enough info to expose both the main traitors.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That was the best episode of the traitors I've seen so far out of any of the series'. I enjoyed everything (even the task which I usually find a waste of time) except for Diane dying of course. Oh, and the pathetic reactions of all the sheep congratulating Paul after Miles was banished. I was hoping he'd be next but he still has a lot of friends to back him so I don't know now. I thought Miles did as well as he could have at the roundtable, and I honestly the more people would be swayed by his defence.

My favourite moment of the episode, though, was, in the middle of Paul and Miles arguing, Harry going to Zack "does this feel like two traitors arguing to you". The sneaky bugger! :lol:

So not going to read everything here as only up to ep5 but wanted to vent..

Jaz is annoying. No idea why he doesn’t step up with his theory on Paul and sat quiet at the round table. Not only that but he’s moaning to people on the down low and saying he’s disappointed at the other faithfuls.

He’s too shook for himself to step out. At some point you have to do it and yesterday, after Paul returned following the dungeon, was the perfect chance to basically say we need to collectively vote on Paul to eliminate that line of enquiry one way or another. Instead both he, and Zack, voted elsewhere and said nothing.

Awful.
Dude, I've been so ready to see Zack and Jaz have a discussion together. I dunno if you're up to date now so I'll spoiler this next bit:

I've been so annoyed in previous roundtables where, like you say, they haven't backed one another. One day Zack went for Paul and Jaz said nothing, and the next Jaz went for him and Zack stayed silent. They need to form an alliance, so seeing them FINALLY have a discussion together about Paul last night was like opening the fridge and finding some leftover pizza. Glorious, albeit short.

Problem is, I think the traitors will recruit Zack now and I want him to stay as a faithful, team up with Jaz and win the show. I think that's as likely as Paul showing some humility!

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That was the best episode of the traitors I've seen so far out of any of the series'. I enjoyed everything (even the task which I usually find a waste of time) except for Diane dying of course. Oh, and the pathetic reactions of all the sheep congratulating Paul after Miles was banished. I was hoping he'd be next but he still has a lot of friends to back him so I don't know now. I thought Miles did as well as he could have at the roundtable, and I honestly the more people would be swayed by his defence.

My favourite moment of the episode, though, was, in the middle of Paul and Miles arguing, Harry going to Zack "does this feel like two traitors arguing to you". The sneaky bugger! :lol:

Dude, I've been so ready to see Zack and Jaz have a discussion together. I dunno if you're up to date now so I'll spoiler this next bit:

I've been so annoyed in previous roundtables where, like you say, they haven't backed one another. One day Zack went for Paul and Jaz said nothing, and the next Jaz went for him and Zack stayed silent. They need to form an alliance, so seeing them FINALLY have a discussion together about Paul last night was like opening the fridge and finding some leftover pizza. Glorious, albeit short.

Problem is, I think the traitors will recruit Zack now and I want him to stay as a faithful, team up with Jaz and win the show. I think that's as likely as Paul showing some humility!

Miles got screwed by the producers there really, did well with with his arguments and you could see Paul struggling. Without those circumstances he would've wiped the floor with him.
Though I thought he was just going to confess in the kitchen when Dianne mentioned he gave her a drink :lol:

It's a problem you see in all the series, people place too much on the idea that a traitor wouldn't betray another traitor. It happens all the time and Miles was an obvious betrayal because of the poisoning fall out.

IRN-BRUno

Another strong episode for Harry. It's obvious that Paul will turn on him at some point but he's aware of that and quietly starting to make the first move. He needs to try and keep those who doubt Paul safe from murder.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah the producers definitely manipulated things too much with that drink the poisoned chalice task. Miles got shafted, up until then he'd played a good game. But obviously they know that to keep the viewer entertained they need to catch traitors every few episodes so they clearly put that in to make sure one was caught.

At this point I reckon Paul could put on a badge saying "I'm a traitor" and they still wouldn't fecking vote him out.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Yeah the producers definitely manipulated things too much with that drink the poisoned chalice task. Miles got shafted, up until then he'd played a good game. But obviously they know that to keep the viewer entertained they need to catch traitors every few episodes so they clearly put that in to make sure one was caught.

At this point I reckon Paul could put on a badge saying "I'm a traitor" and they still wouldn't fecking vote him out.
Charlotte would probably congratulate him on his bravery.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:D

Also isn't it a bit pointless that they catch a traitor and then one gets recruited straight away anyway? I guess they can refuse...
They always seem to do this. It almost benefits the faithfuls to work out who the traitors are but not vote them out too early as they’ve basically got an endless supply of recruits until they reach the required amount of episodes for the series. In the NZ one they banished 3 in a row so they just recruited themselves back to 3 again.

I think recruiting at this stage is a really bad move. Whoever joins will realise they’ve just chucked Miles under the bus and with any ounce of smarts will figure out that’s their only purpose as well. Then they’ll look to drag Paul and Harry down with them. Harry has played an excellent game so far but this could be his downfall.

TheReligion

Abusive

I’ve caught up now although won’t be watching laters episode until tomorrow or weekend.

No idea Jas voted how he did at the table. He’s obviously smart but also makes some bizarre decisions.

It was a great episode though!

As @Solius said recruiting could well do over Harry, who is having a great game, so I’ll be interested to see how this unfolds. I’m surprised he went with it as I feel Paul would have been persuaded to kill instead.

DON’T PANIC ™

The way the game plays out it’s inevitable that at least one Traitor makes it to the final game. A clever faithful figures out who the traitors are but keeps their powder dry until the final game. In fact it’s beneficial for them to befriend the traitors.

If a faithful has figured out the identity of a traitor or traitors, if they can avoid being murdered then why banish them? If a traitor goes, they’ll be replaced and then the faithful is back to square one.

Going into the final game as a faithful knowing that there are still traitors, but knowing who they are, is a really strong position.

PoTMS

Jaz has royally fecked this up. His scattergun approach to votes has made him vulnerable.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Jaz has royally fecked this up. His scattergun approach to votes has made him vulnerable.
it's understandable, but if you think about it, a traitor would have to be absolutely useless to vote the way he has and to publicly vouch for Miles knowing he's already gone. He's the one person I would try to get behind if I was a faithful.

Globule

Charlotte has finally joined the game.

Globule

Ross clearly hasn't though. Still as clueless as ever.

Dan

Looks like it’s quickly swung from Paul to Jaz.

Edit: Or perhaps not.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Damn, I was hoping Paul would survive so that we would get a very awkward moment between him and Harry in the Traitors' Tower.

sebsheep

Jazz is daft but they're fools for even considering him for those reasons. Ash and Miles were clearly getting voted so he had no reason to vote away from them.

Think Harry said far too much about the dungeon plan. Someone should catch on to that. Recruiting Andrew was a mistake as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ross’ wink to the camera was great :lol:

Think it was Paul’s time. Harry did really well again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The only thing Harry needs to careful of now is being too much of the hero. Because then the “why are you still here” shifts to him.

sebsheep

The only thing Harry needs to careful of now is being too much of the hero. Because then the “why are you still here” shifts to him.
No shield on him tonight....

sebsheep

seduce or murder... Are they trying to ruin the show? They've had 5 traitors already!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
seduce or murder... Are they trying to ruin the show? They've had 5 traitors already!
I can see why they do it but it’s silly. If you get to the final as a faithful you can basically guarantee one of the people left is a traitor.

Dan

Jazz is daft but they're fools for even considering him for those reasons. Ash and Miles were clearly getting voted so he had no reason to vote away from them.

Think Harry said far too much about the dungeon plan. Someone should catch on to that. Recruiting Andrew was a mistake as well.
I thought Harry misspoke at one point when he was talking about the dungeon and almost outed himself.

Massive Spanner

It's so fecking stupid. :lol:
Yeah but that’s the problem with this format. They obviously go into it wanting 12 episodes so can’t exactly just cut it to fewer episodes because traitors get outed, so they need to make sure there’s always a traitor in the final. It does make it a bit fecking pointless them getting outed at times, though.

Massive Spanner

Paul's face was a delight though. That moment he realised Harry had turned. :lol:

I missed the Ross wink, when did it happen?
In the car on the way back when he was joking about Diane being his mum his winked at the camera :lol: