Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

Matty7

Aus S1 I thought was brilliant. Just started watching Aus S2, it's almost unwatchable. The cast are dreadful bar 1 or 2. Gonna try a couple more episodes, but can see myself binning this.

The UK one the casting has been really good for both seasons. Ditto Aus S1. For Aus S2 I feel they have ruined it with all the 'Celebs' and mostly pretentious people. Explains why it flopped.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Aus S1 I thought was brilliant. Just started watching Aus S2, it's almost unwatchable. The cast are dreadful bar 1 or 2. Gonna try a couple more, episodes but can see myself binning this.

The UK one the casting has been really good for both seasons. Ditto Aus S1. For Aus S2 I feel they have ruined it with all the 'Celebs' and mostly pretentious people. Explains why it flopped.
The cast are super frustrating but stick with it.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just about to see the final reveal of the Australian S2 final episode.

I am fully expecting all 3 Traitors to vote steal - would be amazed if any of them get cash. Time to press play.

MiceOnMeth

Traitors Australia season 1 is some of the best tv ever! Whoever cast the psychic/medium is a genius :lol:

United Hobbit

I'm really enjoying Australia season 1, really interesting how there's far fewer sheep (good), possibly due to the jobs most of them are in? I'd also say there are very few "weaker" contestants. Probably 2?

I have 2 questions that I'm really wanting to Google but don't want to get any spoilers (have about 2 episodes left)

Why ruin formats by adding "celebrities"

why did the psychic just walk out and leave the game. And 2, what is going on with Paul?? All the others have been shown saying who they are, their jobs etc, absolutely nothing on him, they've shown him the bare minimum, only really his vote and if he's in a group speculating

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm really enjoying Australia season 1, really interesting how there's far fewer sheep (good), possibly due to the jobs most of them are in? I'd also say there are very few "weaker" contestants. Probably 2?

I have 2 questions that I'm really wanting to Google but don't want to get any spoilers (have about 2 episodes left)

Why ruin formats by adding "celebrities"

why did the psychic just walk out and leave the game. And 2, what is going on with Paul?? All the others have been shown saying who they are, their jobs etc, absolutely nothing on him, they've shown him the bare minimum, only really his vote and if he's in a group speculating
I can answer your second question if you want without spoiling, as I wondered the same.

Apparently he was constantly talking about meta aspects of the game. Who the cameras were focusing more on, who had come in last at breakfast, etc.. and the producers basically couldn't use any of it.

Someone else from the show (Dirk) said he brought his own props to the Round Table, made constant references to pop culture such as Austin Powers, and kept asking contestants to swear on their relatives' lives :lol:

It became a game for us watching whenever Paul would show up on screen we'd be like waheyyyy :lol:

United Hobbit

I can answer your second question if you want without spoiling, as I wondered the same.

Apparently he was constantly talking about meta aspects of the game. Who the cameras were focusing more on, who had come in last at breakfast, etc.. and the producers basically couldn't use any of it.

Someone else from the show (Dirk) said he brought his own props to the Round Table, made constant references to pop culture such as Austin Powers, and kept asking contestants to swear on their relatives' lives :lol:

It became a game for us watching whenever Paul would show up on screen we'd be like waheyyyy :lol:

thank you it was really bugging me! I think he appeared in about episode 3 and I said who the feck is that :lol: I'm glad he has gone as I'd have been really annoyed if someone who was shown to be doing absolutely nothing got a share of the money!

Fully Fledged

That's actually a good tactic as the have the people up to be murdered coming in last so the viewers have some suspense. You would have a good shout saying the ones who regularly come in late aren't Traitors.

United Hobbit

Just finished Traitors Australia season 1. Is it worth bothering with season 2 or are the "celebrities" going to annoy the hell out of me like the US ones did, leading me to give up only a couple of episodes in?

Spoiler re finale of Aus season 1

played out almost exactly the same as Mollie with Harry but this time we had Craig blindly trusting Alex. Probably even harsher this time as when they got traitor Kate out he probably thought they'd won. Obviously he didn't know but he couldn't possibly win once Lewis went. But again we had the tactic of one of the Traitors taking one of the most trusting faithful along with them and using them in the final. If I was going to be on it (I'd want to be a traitor but suck at lying) I'd be watching all previous seasons and looking into all the tactics - surely we won't have anyone this gullible in future seasons. You trust no one!! I think Kate, who generally played a very good game, fecked it by in the final 3 saying she thinks there are 2 traitors left, Craig knew he wasn't so it sounded more of a lie. Could tell Alex wasn't going to share when Kate asked beforehand and she went all quiet

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just finished Traitors Australia season 1. Is it worth bothering with season 2 or are the "celebrities" going to annoy the hell out of me like the US ones did, leading me to give up only a couple of episodes in?

played out almost exactly the same as Mollie with Harry but this time we had Craig blindly trusting Alex. Probably even harsher this time as when they got traitor Kate out he probably thought they'd won. Obviously he didn't know but he couldn't possibly win once Lewis went. But again we had the tactic of one of the Traitors taking one of the most trusting faithful along with them and using them in the final. If I was going to be on it (I'd want to be a traitor but suck at lying) I'd be watching all previous seasons and looking into all the tactics - surely we won't have anyone this gullible in future seasons. You trust no one!! I think Kate, who generally played a very good game, fecked it by in the final 3 saying she thinks there are 2 traitors left, Craig knew he wasn't so it sounded more of a lie. Could tell Alex wasn't going to share when Kate asked beforehand and she went all quiet
I think so. I’m 4 episodes in and it’s really picked up and gotten good. Wasn’t a fan of the first series but after folks on here told me to stick with it I’m glad I did

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Yeah season 2 is infuriating at times but it is worth a full watch.

IRN-BRUno

Funny how the people saying things like "I'm a detective so I'll be great", "it's my job to read body language" etc usually end up being amongst the worst players. None more so than Sarah who not only didn't have a clue but her unpredictability hindered the other faithfuls as well. Overall it was a pretty poor group who made terrible decisions from the start albeit with a couple who actually got it spot on early in the game.

Felt a bit for Blake at the end. He should have probably teamed up with Camille in the final 4 to vote Sam out when he clearly couldn't be trusted. Great to see 'the Sheriff' end up looking an idiot though!

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Funny how the people saying things like "I'm a detective so I'll be great", "it's my job to read body language" etc usually end up being amongst the worst players. None more so than Sarah who not only didn't have a clue but her unpredictability hindered the other faithfuls as well. Overall it was a pretty poor group who made terrible decisions from the start albeit with a couple who actually got it spot on early in the game.

Felt a bit for Blake at the end. He should have probably teamed up with Camille in the final 4 to vote Sam out when he clearly couldn't be trusted. Great to see 'the Sheriff' end up looking an idiot though!
Definitely the best ending I've seen. His whining was so funny :lol:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

Everyone on reality competition shows says that. The most ridiculous one I've heard was from a hippie on Survivor, who said "as a coconut vendor I'm good at reading people".

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Everyone on reality competition shows says that. The most ridiculous one I've heard was from a hippie on Survivor, who said "as a coconut vendor I'm good at reading people".
Yeah it's so funny the way they try to shoehorn it in to whatever their job is.

"I'm a plumber so I'm used to putting things together like a puzzle".

Fully Fledged

Yeah it's so funny the way they try to shoehorn it in to whatever their job is.

"I'm a plumber so I'm used to putting things together like a puzzle".
It was the electrician who said he was good at problem solving on this one.
He was absolutely clueless.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Ahh yes, the guy who fell in love then tried to get her voted off when she didn't reciprocate.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Oh my god the way the finale ended was soooooo satisfying. Sam was by far the most annoying person on any of the Traitors shows across the world. I knew Blake was going to steal, I was begging for Camille to steal too.

The way he kept surviving the round tables was crazy. Just when you thought people were beginning to hone in on him, someone raises a slight tiiiiny concern about someone else, and suddenly everyone inexplicably Pinot to biting that person out. How Gloria ended up banished when everyone walked into the round table focused on Sam was legit stupid. It took a simple one liner from Sam to deflect the table onto Gloria.

I was so happy Sam ended up with nothing. Sad for Blake but it is what it is. Would rather they all walked away with nothing than them share the winnings with Sam :lol: /SPOILER]

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just caught up. Mollie ffs, that’s all I’m saying. Absolutely stupid.
Thick as feck, but at least she has youthful naivety on her side. I just saw the two Aussie seasons and my God. Spoilers:

Craig and Sarah are Darwin fecking award winners.

Reiver

Just watched the conclusion to Aussie version S2. Not as good as UK version but surprised its been cancelled

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Australian season two is infuriating. I’m not sure if it’s the editing or something but every episode feels like they’re about to banish Sam and then he says a one liner accusing someone else and they all change and vote them instead. What the feck? Happened with both Simone and Gloria. Are they all that thick or is it being manipulated?

I mean FFS Liam :lol:

Fabio Rochemback

I like the show but feck me they may as well be picking names out of a hat at the round table :lol:

"He always throws names out - it's suspicious"
"She never throws names out - it's suspicious"

Other than the couple of times someone has had a complete meltdown (the magician fella in S1 and the young guy with glasses in S2) it feels like luck if someone avoids banishment or not

Last edited:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
S2 UK
Just binged S2. Good watch. Frustrating ending.

Even though naive Mollie's blind loyalty to Harry won it for him in the end I do feel there has to be something protecting traitors just deciding to out each other when they're about to get killed. Harry played a near perfect game and then Andrew who fumbled his way to the final essentially said "Harry's a traitor btw" and it nearly (should have) lost Harry the game. Think there should be some small incentive for traitors to want to keep their teammates alive otherwise it becomes a petty outing at the end. Maybe a small cash prize for any traitors that have been eliminated if the traitors still end up winning at the end.

Not watched S1 yet but struggling to see how they go forward from here. Anyone who's remotely smart in future series will just keep quiet, act dumb and blend in until the end, otherwise they'll be killed early doors. But then that doesn't make for an entertaining TV series so the producers will have to balance it somehow.

Also I skipped nearly all of the challenges as I found them pointless and boring. Probably missed a few good bits but the best drama is when they're all scheming against each other... not working together ffs. Boring.

United Hobbit

Finally getting a couple of episodes into Australia season 2. It's fine but not as good as the UK ones/Australia season 1

There's a couple that are annoying the hell out of me

Sam is way too cocky think we are on episode 4 now. He shouldn't have put the female traitor under the bus so quickly and was so vocal about getting her gone. Wouldn't you be asking why he was so sure about her? I'd have recruited shark attack man, think he'd have been good

United Hobbit

The Australian season two is infuriating. I’m not sure if it’s the editing or something but every episode feels like they’re about to banish Sam and then he says a one liner accusing someone else and they all change and vote them instead. What the feck? Happened with both Simone and Gloria. Are they all that thick or is it being manipulated?

I mean FFS Liam :lol:
They're doing my head in, you think they can't ignore the obvious any longer then nope they muck it up again! The few shrewd ones get murdered really early and you're just left with the sheepie sheeps

United Hobbit

Ok I can see why Australia season 2 tanked, wtf is wrong with these people, they're making me so frustrated! Fortunately only got one episode left

they say pre banishment how they're onto Sam/Blake who they say are clearly Traitors. Get to the round table.... Someone says one thing... They all change their votes and go them, said person turns out to be faithful. The Gloria eviction really pissed me off with them both, she said one sentence at the round table. Suddenly even though they've brought up Sam all episode, they all vote for her!! It's happened countless round tables it's almost like Sam is a plant at this point and they're banned from voting for him! Got the last episode to watch the faithful better not win!

Edit - now watched final! I'd have voted steal to cover my arse in that scenario as worst happens you all ends up with nothing, best case you split 2 way or you are the only one to pick steal.

Last edited:

buchansleftleg

S2 UK

Even though naive Mollie's blind loyalty to Harry won it for him in the end I do feel there has to be something protecting traitors just deciding to out each other when they're about to get killed. Harry played a near perfect game and then Andrew who fumbled his way to the final essentially said "Harry's a traitor btw" and it nearly (should have) lost Harry the game. Think there should be some small incentive for traitors to want to keep their teammates alive otherwise it becomes a petty outing at the end. Maybe a small cash prize for any traitors that have been eliminated if the traitors still end up winning at the end.

Not watched S1 yet but struggling to see how they go forward from here. Anyone who's remotely smart in future series will just keep quiet, act dumb and blend in until the end, otherwise they'll be killed early doors. But then that doesn't make for an entertaining TV series so the producers will have to balance it somehow.

Also I skipped nearly all of the challenges as I found them pointless and boring. Probably missed a few good bits but the best drama is when they're all scheming against each other... not working together ffs. Boring.
I agree with your point about traitors - all ex traitors should be given a minor share of the pot if a traitor wins say 70% going to remaining alive traitors and 30% going to ex traitors - that would be say 4 or 5 grand in cash incentive for banished traitors to keep their mouth shut rather than hint at who remaining traitors are.

It would also be a useful motivator to someone who gets recruited as a traitor. In the second series they all assumed it was be a traitor or be killed so their motivation wasn't right. If a person is being recruited and they know they could potentially be assured some good cash then they will be much more motivated.

That way someone would only dob in a traitor if they REALLY didn't want them to win. It would be a much bigger deal.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Finally watched it all

Jas and Harry were great players, and Mollie was just too dumb and horny at the end of the day

Anyway great season, much better then season 1 as the contestants were actually trying do some proper gameplay and not rely too much on vibes.

I still would like to see them attempt a season where you don't know who the traitors are, but I don't know what that would do for the sit down interview portions.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
S2 UK

I honestly think Traitors should just share the whole pot totally. Win as team etc... would also make recruiting decisions much harder.

Should especially be the case as faithfuls will always have to share the pot if they win.