The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precaution

Dude is off his rocker, someone probably got a hold of him and told him this is akin to being with Kurt and a Shotgun.

i guess not before tanking the stock market mind you.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Dude is off his rocker, someone probably got a hold of him and told him this is akin to being with Kurt and a Shotgun.

Question is, do the Democrats now hold him or cave?

He's effectively made his own bed and instead of holding the American people hostage, its now the democrats. Personally I hope they dont budge but they probably will. feck him.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Keep it up Donny. Every move he makes at the moment seems to be alienating sections of the electorate. Yes he'll hold his shrinking base, but now he's down significantly among over 65s, female voters and voters that dislike both candidates - all significant sections that he won in 2016. I am increasingly confident of a Biden landslide.

Biden's up in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia and even Florida, the campaign is pumping money into Texas as Trump pulls money out. Even fecking Ohio is tied.

CNN's SSRS poll is amazing reading (fivethirtyeight has SSRS at B/C rating and 0-1.2 Dem bias) and was conducted mostly after Trumps positive test (Oct 1-4)
Full poll here: http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/10/06/rel12b.-.2020.pdf
This Reagan/Mondale style numbers!

Nationally: Biden 57 - Trump 41 (Mind made up about candidate 90%)

Policies
Handling of C-19: Biden 59 - Trump 38
Healthcare: Biden 59 - Trump 39
Supreme Court nominations: Biden 57 - Trump 41
Crime and safety: Biden 55 - Trump 43
Economy: Biden 50 - Trump 48
Racial inequality: Biden 62 - Trump 36

Demographics
Women: Biden 66 - Trump 32
Men: Biden 45 - Trump 51
PoC: Biden 72 - Trump 25
Over 65s: Biden 60 - Trump 39
White non-college: Biden 43 - Trump 56
Independents: Biden 57 - Trump 38

Perceptions
Cares about you: Biden 58 Trump 38
Unite the country Biden 61 - Trump 33
Clear plan to solve US problems: Biden 55 - Trump 39
Honest and trustworthy: Biden 58 - Trump 33

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It probably goes without saying, but Trump absolutely did not write those three tweets last night himself.

It's definitely someone very arrogant too writing them because they're sooooo snobby, but it's almost like they reach a certain point and go "Oh feck, I'm meant to be Donny here" and all-caps some random words. :D

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

Yep, she is listening ... but only if each stimulus cheque is signed "Virus Super Spreader-in-Chief"

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

what an ad
I can't imagine Trump wiped a single one of his children's asses when they were babies (with the exception of Ivanka once he started finding her attractive, so approx. age 8 or 9). There's no chance he'd ever pick up a dog's shit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can't imagine Trump wiped a single one of his children's asses when they were babies (with the exception of Ivanka once he started finding her attractive, so approx. age 8 or 9). There's no chance he'd ever pick up a dog's shit.
Picked it up? He married it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Hmm..... so him calling the golden showering Russian prostitutes "Ivanka" makes way more sense now.

arthurka

Sounds like a lot of money saved, hopefully they can distribute it across the Fortune 500 and ensure the CEOs get their bonuses.
Don´t worry it´s nr 2 on the list just beneath giving money to Trump owned enterprises.

cyberman

I dont understand. Doesnt he realise hes the president now? Did any of that stop under his watch?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
What on earth does he plan to do about the forest fires? Rake the forests?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Well he's just put a noose around his own neck politcially.

American people dont stimulus in two weeks, they need it now.

Edit: Trump is off his absolute rocker and I get the impression none of his staff care anymore after the position he has put them in...

I feel that they're going to let him eat his own head now.
Trump's position is pretty clear, even if it's the wrong choice. He wants the stimulus checks to go to households now because surely that will get him a bump, and possibly because he thinks it's good for the economy. Pelosi wants to stack on a load of stuff on top of that, which won't get through the Senate in even a slightly revised form, so put that big plan on the backburner and force through this one component for now. He's been pretty consistent on that one too.

Pelosi holding out for the big win when that offer is on the table has upset a few folks on her side of the aisle too, because it's so obviously necessary urgently, and the idea that she can just win this negotiation in spite of the stubborn opposition looks a bit like hubris at this point.

It seems Trump's big hang up is giving money to states, because he can only see blue and red, and helping out democratic states would be a concession too hard to stomach. Which is stupid given the economic analysis from Republican and Democrat economists point to it being one of the most effective measures last time, it's even more necessary, and it's a relatively small sum compared to features of the previous bill.

So saying he won't give stimulus to households isn't true, and probably won't persuade voters given the contrary evidence (in a fairly complicated process).

Status
Not open for further replies.