g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
34+ open now in case anyone hasn’t seen.

Booked for next Friday... 2 hour round trip to Taunton was the closest I could find though :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Booked for next Friday... 2 hour round trip to Taunton was the closest I could find though :(
Also where do you get this info? Did not see that at all.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Saw it got announced in twitter of all places, I'm booked for tomorrow

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Couldn't go to Ashton Gate?
My partner messaged me and I got straight on there. 800 in the queue.

There was an option for Bath initially but that was gone by the time I clicked it and Taunton ended up as the closest. Not too fussed though, booked in for the Friday so I can make it a long weekend.

Bosws87

Booked first thing this morning both on Sundays tactically so if i do get sick it will be work days i'm ill for not ruining my weekends!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Got my first jab in less than an hour.

My biggest phobias are Dentists, being buried alive, spiders and injections,

Am absolutely bricking it...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Got my first jab in less than an hour.

My biggest phobias are Dentists, being buried alive, spiders and injections,

Am absolutely bricking it...
It will basically feel like someone is pinching you. Easy street mate.

Champ

It will basically feel like someone is pinching you. Easy street mate.
I'm sure it will.

It's the thought of that metallic point puncturing my skin which just puts me on edge.

That and the thought of looking a right tit and fainting during the act of vaccination. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm sure it will.

It's the thought of that metallic point puncturing my skin which just puts me on edge.

That and the thought of looking a right tit and fainting during the act of vaccination. :lol:
Just look away and think about football or something and it’s over in a few seconds.

Champ

My brother has the exact same phobia, it can be really quite debilitating :lol:

How did it go?
Just sitting in the post jab waiting room for 15 mins,
Actually didn't feel a thing, ended up speaking to the nurse about Whiskey, :lol: :lol: Before I knew it the jab was done!
I think it's the build up to it that gets me.

AgentSmith

Just sitting in the post jab waiting room for 15 mins,
Actually didn't feel a thing, ended up speaking to the nurse about Whiskey, :lol: :lol: Before I knew it the jab was done!
I think it's the build up to it that gets me.
Good to hear! Must be a relief from a few different perspectives. Whiskey always helps to ease tensions :lol:

Yeah my brother is the exact same, he had to get his bloods done a while back and he was a basket case on the way to the doctors. Then he comes out like a man reborn once it’s over and done with.

Champ

Good to hear! Must be a relief from a few different perspectives. Whiskey always helps to ease tensions :lol:

Yeah my brother is the exact same, he had to get his bloods done a while back and he was a basket case on the way to the doctors. Then he comes out like a man reborn once it’s over and done with.
:lol: Your brother is a brave man! :lol:

Mate, the relief is palpable!

A couple of the nurses were very attractive as well, that always helps in a shallow kind of way :D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Vaccine rollout in the UK. Looks like the remaining 30+ groups will get their booking invites next week. If things run as expected, everyone 18 and over will get first dose invites before the end of June.

And the current daily rollout around the UK:

Mihai

Oh, thank you! Booked the first on 27th and the second on 17th August. Can't believe I will be able to see my parents in Aug/September. Haven't been home since June 2019. You made my day! :D

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Oh, thank you! Booked the first on 27th and the second on 17th August. Can't believe I will be able to see my parents in Aug/September. Haven't been home since June 2019. You made my day! :D
And you just made my day. Glad to hear it :)

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Got mine yesterday. I'd read that you're more likely to not get much side effects until the 2nd jab with Pfizer, but I feel like I've been hit by a bus today. It came in waves in the morning, and now I'm flat out.

zing

Zingle balls
Fantastic :)

Champ

Got mine yesterday. I'd read that you're more likely to not get much side effects until the 2nd jab with Pfizer, but I feel like I've been hit by a bus today. It came in waves in the morning, and now I'm flat out.
Hope you feel better tomorrow.

I had the Pfizer jab today, hoping I don't feel like that tomorrow!

stu_1992

All adults will now be elligible for a vaccine in France from May 31st. Can't come soon enough, although I think I may struggle to get a vaccine in my area for a while, it seems very well booked up.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I wasn’t aware of that to be honest. I’m biased as I got J&J and am in South Africa with our variant, so sometimes I’m not really on top of the effectiveness on other strains. I’d wait then if I was him, subject to there not being a current outbreak where he lives.
I am not in a high risk group and have been basically living in my cellar (WFH) for 13 months now - my exposure to others has been very low. We are down to under 30 per 100000 incidence rate now so restrictions are starting to be lifted. I have to confess one of my strong motivations for getting fully vaccinated is to be able to go on a road trip around western Europe with my son this August which suggests that J&J is a good option now that the gap between Biontech doses has been suggested as 9 weeks.

The fact that I am now non-EU means that the roadtrip might turn into a real pain in the arse judging by some of the things I have read recently, but that's another thread.

RonaldoVII

Mine is booked for tomorrow and I'm fortunate to live a 5 minute walk away from the vaccine centre. I've had a cold all week so hoping the jab doesn't make me feel worse than I do already.

Traub

I am not in a high risk group and have been basically living in my cellar (WFH) for 13 months now - my exposure to others has been very low. We are down to under 30 per 100000 incidence rate now so restrictions are starting to be lifted. I have to confess one of my strong motivations for getting fully vaccinated is to be able to go on a road trip around western Europe with my son this August which suggests that J&J is a good option now that the gap between Biontech doses has been suggested as 9 weeks.

The fact that I am now non-EU means that the roadtrip might turn into a real pain in the arse judging by some of the things I have read recently, but that's another thread.
Yeah then J&J is probably best, as they won't let you move around (especially non-EU) without being considered fully vaccinated is my understanding (> 2 weeks after J&J, > 2 weeks after second dose for others). My gut feel is come early next year, vaccines will be freely available, and you'll be able to get Pfizer at that point if you want.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
My nearest Vaccine Centre is 15mins away, however I can't book that one, it doesn't appear on the website. Instead my closest available Centre is a 50 minute drive away... :lol:

Kaos

My nearest Vaccine Centre is 15mins away, however I can't book that one, it doesn't appear on the website. Instead my closest available Centre is a 50 minute drive away... :lol:
Just do it, a huge weight will lift off your shoulders I guarantee it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Book your 2nd dose appointment
You will need to have 2 doses of the coronavirus vaccination. This means you will need to go to 2 appointments.
You will need to get the 2nd dose 8 to 12 weeks after getting your 1st dose.
Your 1st dose appointment details
So I made it to this page but continuing directly from that page to try and book a second dose leads me to a page saying there is nothing available. It says I can check back later or change accessibility requirements, but doing so leads me back to the page to book a first dose. Can I take it the first dose is booked then? I've received no text or email confirmation.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Booked this morning for 9th June :D

Have to go to Bath Racecourse though but still.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
So I made it to this page but continuing directly from that page to try and book a second dose leads me to a page saying there is nothing available. It says I can check back later or change accessibility requirements, but doing so leads me back to the page to book a first dose. Can I take it the first dose is booked then? I've received no text or email confirmation.
That's not very efficient. Does that mean you'e obliged to book both doses at once or the first dose booking won''t stand?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I did think that when booking it :lol:
To be fair I could have put it back a week or so and had it closer but it’s a bank holiday weekend and that’s basically written off Friday as a working day for me so it’s going to be a 4 day weekend and with a bit of luck I’ll have a bit of a fever and have an excuse to play Returnal for 4 days.