The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I double checked with the spousal unit. She said the Covid vaccine has a 6 hour use window once opened so it’s in small vials to prevent wastage.

We definitely need to apply milk technology to our vaccines.
:lol:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I double checked with the spousal unit. She said the Covid vaccine has a 6 hour use window once opened so it’s in small vials to prevent wastage.

We definitely need to apply milk technology to our vaccines.

Good stuff. Just thinking of billions of vials, syringes and whatnot. After Italy I'm feeling guilty about the crap level of recycling that goes on in the US.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
@Dumbstar it's good to hear that she is improving. I remember you being one of the first posters to mention problems early last year so it's been an awful slog for your family. Best of luck.
Thanks Grinner. And everyone else too. Being able to vent on here while picking up tips has helped that stressful journey.

RoyH1

My parents have finally had their second shot of Pfizer. No side effects except feeling very tired.
Words cannot describe how relieved I am. I’ve been living with an existential dread over the last year that I’d never be able to see them again. Now fingers crossed, it’s just a question of borders opening up again at one point.

DM07

Novavax can start administering sooner than you think. It is being reviewed and expected to be approved soon in UK, I think.
I wouldn't bet on it. The Indian government has some wierd obsession with only using made in India vaccines. So we have no pre orders for Pfizer, Moderna or any of the foreign manafactured vaccines. The two vaccines currently being used AZ and Covaxin are being manafactured locally. The other vaccine which has been granted approval is the Sputnik V from Russia but it will be manafactured locally in India and only then be used which will take another couple of months.

As far as Novovax is concerned, it's going to be manafactured by the same Serum Institute of India which is making the AZ vaccines and is already lagging behind on orders and overworked. So even if the vaccine is approved in the US/UK I expect atleast a timeline of two to three months before the vaccine can be administered in quantity in India.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
She's better thanks. As the symptoms have been related to inflammation caused by the over active immune system I've been trying to get her to "eat" anti-inflammatories. So basically first fixing her gut with a good dose of fibre and cultures (Shreddies and Kefir for example). And supplementing with good quality omega 3 and vitamin D.

She's been able to go to school again in the last few months and even concentrate. Still gets headaches, fatigue, brain fog as well as other minor symptoms but more manageable now. No word from the long covid clinic that was supposed to contact us though. It's been 12 weeks.
So sorry about that.
Hope she will be in order very soon.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sweet Jesus. My wife is getting her first on Wednesday morning and I’m getting my first on Thursday morning! Got our texts earlier, I could almost cry

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Sweet Jesus. My wife is getting her first on Wednesday morning and I’m getting my first on Thursday morning! Got our texts earlier, I could almost cry
Delighted for you!

golden_blunder

Staff
about time!
Such a relief even with all the shitty findings going on with vaccines. Honestly i feel like crying after more than a year cocooning.
Ironically i have to go into the hospital now for a fitting a 72hr heart monitor, christ on a bike

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Such a relief even with all the shitty findings going on with vaccines. Honestly i feel like crying after more than a year cocooning.
Ironically i have to go into the hospital now for a fitting a 72hr heart monitor, christ on a bike
ah those things are dull, feel like the bionic man all wired up, always find my heart is perfectly behaved when I have one on too :lol:

Traub

Congrats, about time!

Do you know which one you're getting? Also, have you thought about how your behaviour will change (if at all)?

zing

Zingle balls
Congrats - been seeing your posts here waiting for them, so it's nice

golden_blunder

Staff
Congrats, about time!

Do you know which one you're getting? Also, have you thought about how your behaviour will change (if at all)?
I’m not sure but I’m going to guess Pfizer because I’m under 60.

I don’t think our behaviour will change that much in the short term, though once fully vaccinated we can at least visit home (once Ireland allows it)

Traub

I’m not sure but I’m going to guess Pfizer because I’m under 60.

I don’t think our behaviour will change that much in the short term, though once fully vaccinated we can at least visit home (once Ireland allows it)
Ya that makes sense. I personally don't think I'll be comfortable to go back to fully normal until there is some form of herd immunity (I'm only expecting my vaccine at the end of the year though, so a lot can happen between now and then!).

evil_geko

Five days after first Pfizer shot now, I only had a sore arm for first two days, nothing else. People say second shot can be worse so we shall see.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Had my second Moderna shot this morning.
Now feeling fatigued and febrile.
Let's see how the night will be.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I know AZ was a not for profit vaccine but does anyone know what is the situation with regards to countries like India producing it . What's the sort of financial agreement but AZ and the company they have licensed to in India

zing

Zingle balls
Who’s funding the vaccine creation? UK and US. People in India/ China aren’t working for free dude.
You can fund vaccine creation and still sponsor a more equitable distribution. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It's a difficult one when you look at death rates/million - the UK and US had more or less the worst big country stats in the world. The vaccines dug them out of a hole and it wasn't until the daily deaths started falling that it became more like greed than need - really only this past month or so.

China had such low infection rates that exports were available as a political tool and they didn't seem to be a sacrifice, just another item they could sell.

India is the one in the toughest situation. I knew that a lot of their AZ production was already pre-sold to GAVI/Covax. I hadn't realised that they were also being used as a backup for the UK - that horrified me really. A sign of how confident the Indian government was feeling perhaps? The same confidence that let political rallies and mass festivals restart.

I'm expecting (hoping?) that the US are about to become a massive exporter. They're so close now to being able to offer the vaccine to everyone that the change should happen within weeks. It needs to.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I think there is some confusion between what governments do and what companies do. The Indian government did not decide to manufacture vaccines and export them in a fit of misguided altruism, other governments ordered and paid for the production of vaccines from companies that happen to be in India, or indeed in the EU. Those Indian and European manufacturers weren't coerced into doing business, it was what they wanted. I suggest it would not have been beyond the the Indian government to order more themselves, and reduce defence expenditure, increase taxes on their large (in numbers) middle class, or borrow; not to do so was a political decision by themselves. The EU could certainly have ordered sooner, again that's down to their own governments.

I know the US has banned exports of course, but the UK hasn't as far as I am aware, although they were accused of it at one point.

Wouldn't this simply be down to the fact that spare the first couple of months of the pandemic, COVID hasn't hit China as hard as the other nations, which would allow them to export some of their vaccine stockpile ?
There’s no way of dressing up how The UK & US have acted with regards to this.
They’ve been shamed by India, The EU and China.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There’s no way of dressing up how The UK & US have acted with regards to this.
They’ve been shamed by India, The EU and China.
Shamed in what sense ? Not exporting vaccines before fully vaccinating their own populations ? That sounds like a rational thing most countries would do.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Wouldn't this simply be down to the fact that spare the first couple of months of the pandemic, COVID hasn't hit China as hard as the other nations, which would allow them to export some of their vaccine stockpile ?
Isn't that because we approved and used the vaccine almost 2 months before Europe did?