Theo Walcott Out For World Cup

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Whilst it's kind of sad, I can't help but laugh after his little moment with the Spurs fans...not that I have some soft spot for them or anything.

I reckon he probably knew he'd done some serious damage to his knee and decided to take what little joy out of that moment he could. You could see he was in agony initially, and when it's the knee it's always a worry. I'm a bit surprised at how many people think taking the piss out of a group of people somehow removes any feelings of sympathy for a player who's had a really serious injury after getting himself in some good form and looking like he'd put himself in with a good shout of playing at the World Cup.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only morons do Brwned, only morons. The rest of us see It as a huge blow to the player, his club and England.

We'll have to rely on Townsend for any sort of pace and thrust now. If we end up starting Milner, people will soon regret their twattish comments!

Bearded but no genius

Only morons do Brwned, only morons. The rest of us see It as a huge blow to the player, his club and England.

We'll have to rely on Townsend for any sort of pace and thrust now. If we end up starting Milner, people will soon regret their twattish comments!
To be fair, England don't have a snowball's chance.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
someone better tell the Brazillians not to bring Kids to England matches. Townsend's row z shots could injure someone

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
They must have given him something before he got on the stretcher. I did my ACL 6 months ago and I wasn't smiling when being carried off, that's for sure.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I feel sorry for him.

But missing this World Cup isn't that bad. This will be Gerrard and Lampard's last major tournament (you would think) and hopefully there'll be a major revamp of the squad, and Walcott will play a vital role in that.

Anybody else think he was putting on a brave face during the Arse-Spurs match? He seemed to know he'd done some damage to his knee, but in the moment decided that winding up the Spurs fans would be worth it. Fair play to him.

Revan

Assumptionman
Unlucky and feel sorry for him. Both England and Arsenal will miss him. He became a much better player during the last 2 years or so.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Do you think there is any chance that Arsenal will swap an injured Walcott for Ashley Young? They need a striker/winger, we need to build for next season

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Do you think there is any chance that Arsenal will swap an injured Walcott for Ashley Young? They need a striker/winger, we need to build for next season
They won't.

And even if they did, Walcott would fail his medical.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Do you think there is any chance Arsenal might take Ashley Young on loan? They need a striker/winger, and we need to stop City.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I feel sorry for him.

But missing this World Cup isn't that bad.
I could imagine missing a World Cup for a player is devastating. His club will be waiting. The CL will be waiting. The World Cup might be out of his reach in 4 yrs. He could get injured again or never be the same player again.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
They must have given him something before he got on the stretcher. I did my ACL 6 months ago and I wasn't smiling when being carried off, that's for sure.
Strange...I did mine in 09 and continued playing, despite having a loose feeling in my knee when I run. It locked up the next morning when I woke up though.

Anyway, that's a big loss for Arsenal. Walcott was always good for changing the game with a well placed finish or two.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Strange...I did mine in 09 and continued playing, despite having a loose feeling in my knee when I run. It locked up the next morning when I woke up though.

Anyway, that's a big loss for Arsenal. Walcott was always good for changing the game with a well placed finish or two.
Yeh, I think there are a heap of different reactions, I have seen people walk off, I couldn't bear any weight at all. Mine dislocated at the same time too, don't know if that added to or not.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I have to admit I feel sorry for him. He's obviously not had any luck when it comes to the WC, so this is harsh for him. Horrible to be out for 6 months as well, not being able to play footy for so long, for a professional, must be horrible. Despite his twattish behaviour with the Spurs' fans, he comes across as a decent guy, and you don't wish injury on anyone anyway so good luck to him for his recovery.

However, I don't think it changes much for England anyway, I feel he's too limited at international level to have made a difference in the summer (same can be said about most England NT players). As some have said, we should go with a Sturridge-Rooney-Welbeck trio up front, but of course Rooney will get injured in May, will be forced back in despite not being fit and carrying an injury, will play shit along with the rest of the team, will be blamed by the media and have a horrible beginning to next season. It's written in the stars.

Anyway, good luck to Walcott, speedy recovery!

Sir A1ex

Hilariously contrived article in the Metro this morning about how Theo is facing the heartbreak of missing out on the World Cup for the 3rd time in a row. "Eh?" thought I, and read on. Turns out...

2006 - Did of course go, so hardly "missed out on the World Cup" other than in the sense that he never got on the pitch due to being 17 and having only played about 28 seconds of professional football in his life.
2010 - Didn't go due to the cruel agony of... not being in the England reckoning at the time due to not being good enough.

So yes, he's suffered the heartbreak of missing out on the World Cup. In much the same way as I have. Except he did go to it.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Meh, I don't get the drama, or the rush to the moral high ground, someone else will go instead, the tragedy of feo staying at home will be balanced by someone else being happy.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
It's harsh, but my head can't stop screaming 'Karma'. He doesn't deserve to miss the World Cup, no way, but he'd be getting more sympathy from me and many other people if he hadn't acted like a douche at the weekend.

Take Young and Townsend, and Milner as well who can cover. It's a loss but not a huge one.