Thomas Tuchel confirmed as PSG's new manager

Sambob

Not really been on my radar but Ive got a lot of respect for Tuchel, he has a great approach to the game and his post match conference was very good, he showed a lot of class.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not really been on my radar but Ive got a lot of respect for Tuchel, he has a great approach to the game and his post match conference was very good, he showed a lot of class.
He showed a lot of class talking about Ole pre match.

Wonder why he didn't follow up? His team looked a little scared last night

jem

Yeah his comments about the VAR decision, and about Neymar's predictably infantile remarks (I'm assuming UEFA will be looking into those...) were very even-handed and classy.

Inigo Montoya

Yeah his comments about the VAR decision, and about Neymar's predictably infantile remarks (I'm assuming UEFA will be looking into those...) were very even-handed and classy.
What did he say re Neymar?

Sambob

What did he say re Neymar?
He just said that its the sort of thing that is very quickly typed on a smartphone and that the press should remember he is a young man in the heat of the moment and not to be too harsh on him. Said he was worried about Neymar's sister's wellbeing that evening too which I thought was a bit strong.

Inigo Montoya

He just said that its the sort of thing that is very quickly typed on a smartphone and that the press should remember he is a young man in the heat of the moment and not to be too harsh on him. Said he was worried about Neymar's sister's wellbeing that evening too which I thought was a bit strong.
Not forgetting how concerned he must be about the plastic pollution...especially around PSG

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They can't sack every manager that doesn't win the CL. It's unsustainable.

Born2Lose

Genuinely hate this twonk with his sideline antics, so glad we had the pleasure of knocking his team out last night.

I like him.If Ole doesn't work out,if he is given the full time job,I wouldn't mind us going for Tuchel.

With PSG history with managers there's a likely chance Tuchel maybe out of a job in a years time.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Geez, what's that about?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Last night showed he was out of his depth. Towards the final third of the game, Alves disregarded him completely and ended playing as a striker :lol:

Canagel

You got totally played off the park for at least 135 out of those 180mins. In the end, PSG have to blame themselves for their comical display of continued incompetence. They eliminated themselves, your teams's contribution was mostly confined to having 11 Players standing on the pitch.
I can totally see why you guys are delighted, and there's nothing wrong about that, but please don't suggest you've been any good in this tie. You just hit the mother lode of luck, and nothing else.
nonsense .We competed in a balanced 1st game until our enforced injuries and the guy who should've been sent off despite everything scores the first goal to make it worse. at the parc de Prince we got dominated for 30 minutes but the manager made a switch and shut them down giving us confidence to end the stronger team by the 1st half end. 2nd half we conceded the ball but the manager again had game plan to push in the last stage and kill the tie with 1 goal .we stood firm but in reality PSG had two spells in the 180 where they were clearly superior . 20 minute spell at OT and 25-30 minute at Paris. The rest we wasn't troubled and imo the better team.
11 players standing :lol:

Last edited:

haram

You cannot compensate for the three goals they conceded. He cannot be blamed for that.

ti vu

I like him.If Ole doesn't work out,if he is given the full time job,I wouldn't mind us going for Tuchel.

With PSG history with managers there's a likely chance Tuchel maybe out of a job in a years time.
Last night showed he was out of his depth. Towards the final third of the game, Alves disregarded him completely and ended playing as a striker :lol:
You cannot compensate for the three goals they conceded. He cannot be blamed for that.
The point @kouroux pointed out is important which most people tend to overlook. It screamed a head coach who failed to control big egos. And the news regarding PSG star players not submitting to Tuchel authority is not new. Tuchel is rumored to be a moaning twat too. All in all, we clearly see when PSG really focus (first leg), they're much better than yesterday. The mentality of them going into this game was wrong, highlighted with the showboating when there was plenty of time till the end.

Wouldn't discount the Ligue 1 title if/when Tuchel finally win it, but it's yet been enough to say he made a stepped up from a nearly tier.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If I take of my red tinted glasses of a few seconds, it is clear to see that Tuchel over both leg won the tactical battle in terms of being the dominant team and players putting in the better performance.

However, when you look at that amount of arrogance that was in the psg team last night, Tuchel deserved to get eliminated based on that. A 2-0 lead in the first leg is not a difficult lead to hold, especially when you have excellent technical players like Verratti, Draxler, and a destroyer in Marquinhos in your midfield. Moreover, the opposition managers allowing you all the possession in the world. When I saw Dani Alves doing this in the game:

I knew we were going to go through. I am not sure what Tuchel said to his players, but I doubt a manager like Simione would have allowed that or for their team to get so complacent. Whereas, other top managers would have showed confidence in a different manner that doesn’t border on arrogance. Either way, Tuchel is still a good manager, but very naive to underated this United team.

Dutsey

If I take of my red tinted glasses of a few seconds, it is clear to see that Tuchel over both leg won the tactical battle in terms of being the dominant team and players putting in the better performance.

However, when you look at that amount of arrogance that was in the psg team last night, Tuchel deserved to get eliminated based on that. A 2-0 lead in the first leg is not a difficult lead to hold, especially when you have excellent technical players like Verratti, Draxler, and a destroyer in Marquinhos in your midfield.
Was it dominant? How many Saves did David De Gea have to make last night? We allowed them to control the ball.

Amadaeus

Was it dominant? How many Saves did David De Gea have to make last night? We allowed them to control the ball.
I understand that possession is not everything but with 72%, we were lucky that PSG was missfiring compared to us who were more clinical. One more goal from them would have killed the game and it would have been a different narrative. That opportunity by Mbappe was almost similar to Lukaku, but the difference was that we were more clinical. So, you can say that de gea didn’t have to make much save or you can say that psg misfired. Whatever the narrative anyone want to write, the statistic and the spectators will say that PSG was dominant, but the result in 3-1 without any oversight of the game will say that United were dominant.

el3mel

I understand that possession is not everything but with 72%, we were lucky that PSG was missfiring compared to us who were more clinical. One more goal from them would have killed the game and it would have been a different narrative. That opportunity by Mbappe was almost similar to Lukaku, but the difference was that we were more clinical. So, you can say that de gea didn’t have to make much save or you can say that psg misfired. Whatever the narrative anyone want to write, the statistic and the spectators will say that PSG was dominant, but the result in 3-1 without any oversight of the game will say that United were dominant.
That's not true. Mbappe missed it because Smalling made a great tackle on Mbappe, while Lukaku bulldozed through Silva without giving him a chance. That was a great defending from us.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Kimpembe should have been sent off in the first leg anyway, karma at its finest.

Anyone notice that the PSG fans on here are like Glastonspur when Spurs lose? All the big talk before scouring back to their crannies when their team fail.
Wow there! :eek::eek::eek:
Calling us crude oil drinking surrendering plastic farmer cnuts is fair game but comparing us with Glaston is way out of line!

Member 90887

Wow there! :eek::eek::eek:
Calling us crude oil drinking surrendering plastic farmer cnuts is fair game but comparing us with Glaston is way out of line!
haha, agree. he's waay out of line.

Amadaeus

That's not true. Mbappe missed it because Smalling made a great tackle on Mbappe, while Lukaku bulldozed through Silva without giving him a chance. That was a great defending from us.
Mbappe missed because he fell like Bambi on ice before Smalling came back to block his shot. I don’t know why he felled like Bambi, maybe the gods of football striked his leg and didn’t want him to score, but if he had stayed up, I believe he would have scored.

Skills

Snitch
I’m on the same boat as you. Aside from him trying to argue that because the shot wasn’t going towards the target so it shouldn’t be a pen (makes no sense because then people could just hand the ball if it’s not going on target), he didn’t say anything particularly inflammatory. Seems like a decent guy, and he’s clearly a good manager, PSG pass and movement and the way they win the ball back is impressive (if we didn’t have Ole I’d actually like us to look his way).

United won and people are here busy getting mad at the opposition manager for no reason with real substance. Mad.
Tbf even then he said by the rules it was a penalty. He seemed to suggest that maybe they need to look at the rule itself long term.

el3mel

Mbappe missed because he fell like Bambi on ice before Smalling came back to block his shot. I don’t know why he felled like Bambi, maybe the gods of football striked his leg and didn’t want him to score, but if he had stayed up, I believe he would have scored.
Because Smalling was defending him pretty well. That's all. Nothing lucky in it.

BurtSpangle

I'm a big fan. If he was on the table I'd take him, despite how well Ole has done. I think Tuchel is one of the best coaches in the world.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
NAK wants to renew Tuchel until 2022.