Film Thor: Love and Thunder

dinostar77

This is one of those marvel movies, you can watch at home on disney+ when its released. If you dont watch it at all, you wont miss anything for phase 4.

Vapor trail

Haven't watched it but wanted to see the consensus from the posts. I think Marvel and more specifically Disney are becoming a bigger joke the more time passes. Most of the film's for me are more misses than hits. The CGI criticisms are no suprise, end war had some of the worst fight scenes due to poor visibility throughout especially the beginning with Loki.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Was considering waiting for this to hit streaming but all this Guns n Roses talk has made it a must-see.

Sweet Square

Generally expect "it's another Marvel film, no more no less" type reviews so seeing people actively dislike one is often more likely to provoke interest in seeing it.
Sums up every discussion thats been had about these type of movies.

Kermode can give a detailed review as to why he thought the film was shite and the other guy thought it was laugh out loud funny but can’t remember anything about the film and then gets annoyed when asked.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just watched , much much better than expected. Really enjoyed it. I'd go as far to say the best film of the phase (which isn't saying much tbf).

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think it’s a real pity the tone of this was all over the place because Christian Bale is criminally underused. He steals every scene and is able to create more emotion in his very limited screen time than the main story.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think it’s a real pity the tone of this was all over the place because Christian Bale is criminally underused. He steals every scene and is able to create more emotion in his very limited screen time than the main story.
Which is shame and ,frankly, laughable because he's arguably the most talented and varied actor they've had in this series since Brolin.

Maluco

Which is shame and ,frankly, laughable because he's arguably the most talented and varied actor they've had in this series since Brolin.
I was just saying the same thing to my wife. If you get an actor of his calibre, you give him everything you can. He was given nothing and was able to elevate what he had so much just based on his ability as an actor.

It would have been a much better film if he had had more to do.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The movie was bad because of several possibilities:

1) Poor editing
2) Poor script
3) Director had too little to work with
4) Director was on drugs when he did this movie.
5) All of the above

The whole thing was so choppy like it was written by committee and it was filled with insider jokes or something. Lots of cameos that added little to the story. I barely remember anything about the movie 3 days after watching it.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
48 hours later and I'm still pissed off I watched this crap.

Bale was superb but so laughably underutilised that they could've just not bothered at all. Im shocked he went for the role, even though I'm sure it was lucrative.

Raven

I thought it was pretty hilarious, I don't particularly like marvel movies either.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Saw it yesterday with my daughter. Thought it was great. The comedy was funny, the action was good and there was a real sense of drama with the Jane story arch and the choices facing Bale's character.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Did anyone stay for the post credit scenes. Loved that little cameo.
That's the nice thing, since everyone gives a lengthy standing ovation to the movie they automatically stay long enough to catch any post credit scenes.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Doesn't look good for Phase 5, unless component B and D from Subsection Alpha in the Cosmic branch delivers in the fourth quarter.

Maluco

48 hours later and I'm still pissed off I watched this crap.

Bale was superb but so laughably underutilised that they could've just not bothered at all. Im shocked he went for the role, even though I'm sure it was lucrative.
Actually still annoyed at how little they gave him. It’s really frustrating because he was superb with so little. You should never leave a movie feeling annoyed. He deserved so much better and could have elevated the movie so much.

Sylar

Btw, with Eternity being there all along to make a wish ...Thor should have just gone there after IW and he could have made the wish and not ended up fat

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Btw, with Eternity being there all along to make a wish ...Thor should have just gone there after IW and he could have made the wish and not ended up fat
Thats the problem with make believe...

Though wouldn't Thanos just snap again.

Big Andy

Bloke
Saw it yesterday with my daughter. Thought it was great. The comedy was funny, the action was good and there was a real sense of drama with the Jane story arch and the choices facing Bale's character.
I thought it was decent. My kids loved it, especially the screaming goats.

JoaquinJoaquin

This has been bothering me more and more. Black Panther is where it really started turning me off. Looking now at the big NYC fight in Avengers 1 versus what we see today, I truly feel like the effects have in many ways gone backwards.
Speaking of which, I just seen the trailer for Black Adam, which looks like CGI hell, and an awful movie.

JoaquinJoaquin

I liked this movie, but it contributed very little to the MCU.

I think the only way to truly salvage the MCU at this point is to do Avengers vs X-Men. But I can't see that happening.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I liked this movie, but it contributed very little to the MCU.

I think the only way to truly salvage the MCU at this point is to do Avengers vs X-Men. But I can't see that happening.
It's crazy. For years a criticism of the MCU was how everything was too linked, a director couldn't just come in and create a good standalone film, it had to be apart of the wider story.

In this phase, majority of films have been fairly standalone, not really worrying about a wider story and certainly not building to any major threat, but thats been frowned upon.

I think the best thing to do is to recognise that this is the marvel cinematic universe, not the Avengers cinematic universe. With all the properties they just got back, I wouldn't expect an avengers level movie for a good long while, if at all.

Sylar

It's crazy. For years a criticism of the MCU was how everything was too linked, a director couldn't just come in and create a good standalone film, it had to be apart of the wider story.

In this phase, majority of films have been fairly standalone, not really worrying about a wider story and certainly not building to any major threat, but thats been frowned upon.

I think the best thing to do is to recognise that this is the marvel cinematic universe, not the Avengers cinematic universe. With all the properties they just got back, I wouldn't expect an avengers level movie for a good long while, if at all.
Yeah similar to phase 1.
Reckon phase 2 will see more links or we will see the bits from phase 1 coming together and the little things here and there meaning more

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

They wasted two of the best story arcs of the modern Thor comics on the creation of a forced imitation of the previously successful film. They could have used the source material to add a bit of depth and finally give the character the decent "serious" films he deserves (but never got), but... why bother if it brings the cash in, right? No wonder they ended up with a pile of hot garbage.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

Listening to this, no wonder why this movie turned out this way

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
They wasted two of the best story arcs of the modern Thor comics to create a forced imitation of the previously successful film. They could have used the source material to add a bit of depth and finally give the character the decent "serious" films he deserves (but never got), but... why bother if it brings the cash in, right? No wonder they ended up with a pile of hot garbage.
Gorr's dead child coming back ends up having more gravitas in a comic book than in the comic book movie, that's for sure.

And the three Thors would've been very interesting - like a Logan lite.

Oldyella

Such a good villain wasted, was really excited for this when he was cast. A brilliant story arc in the comics, wasted for a few chuckles

dinostar77

Minimum ten years i think, for the next avengers movie.

ChrisNelson

Saw this over the weekend and would like to throw my weight behind the comments that have described it as poor.

There's no meat on the bones, it's just introduce the bad guy and good guy, an hour and a half of nothing then the big final fight.

It's nothing we haven't seen before and I thought very lazy film making if I'm honest.

As has been pointed out by other posters, the fantastic soundtrack keeps you interested but generally it's not memorable in the slightest.

Suv666

Shit movie worse than all the other Marvel crap and that's saying something.

I dislike Marvel but I see the appeal. This was pure shit though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I loved Ragnarok, one of my favourite MCU movies. But this seems shit from the trailer. I'll wait until it's released on D+