Top Four Race 2018/19

Kapardin

Sarri's teams historically have faded towards the end of the season, and that was in Italy with a winter break. I'm confident that Ole et al can do it.
He's identifying the problems correctly. For example, dying he would coach Rashford on his finishing, etc. If we continue to be attack minded, I don't see why we can't challenge for 4th. At the moment, our attack is more potent than Chelsea and our defense is better than Arsenal's.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
I can see us having our difficult period at some point too.
Wasn't that August to 18 December? ;)

But yes, agree - whether it is achieved is a very different matter to whether it is achievable.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
He's identifying the problems correctly. For example, dying he would coach Rashford on his finishing, etc. If we continue to be attack minded, I don't see why we can't challenge for 4th. At the moment, our attack is more potent than Chelsea and our defense is better than Arsenal's.
His first 10 days have been outstanding in every aspect. The Spurs match will be the acid test, win that (or draw with a very good performance) and this place will become full on muppetry!

prateik

We have gained
5 points and a GD of swing of +11 on Arsenal
3 points and a GD swing of +8 on Chelsea
in the last 3 games..

Arsenal are very much in our sights now.. We need Chelsea to have a mini wobble at some point.

Fosu-Mens

We have gained
5 points and a GD of swing of +11 on Arsenal
3 points and a GD swing of +8 on Chelsea
in the last 3 games..

Arsenal are very much in our sights now.. We need Chelsea to have a mini wobble at some point.
Must win against Newcastle. Said it before there was hope if we managed to get 12 points from the four first games under OGS.

redshaw

Under Mourinho this was gone but if we can keep going under Ole and Chelsea drop a bit we could be in.

I hope we aren't regretting not sacking Jose a bit earlier. It's still a big task and we could just come up short despite doing very well.

Mick321

It's still an enormous ask. Not because I don't think we can go on a winning run but there's just so much crap in the league that Chelsea may win enough to keep us away. It really was complete and utter stupidity waiting to pull the trigger for so long, it's our own fault. But it is what it is so let's see what we can do, they have Arsenal away and City away in the next 6 weeks so hopefully we can make our move.

el3mel

Shame Chelsea are getting lucky as feck.

If we go into Spurs game with still 8 points gap, gonna be pretty hard to make it.

Patrick08

Shame Chelsea are getting lucky as feck.

If we go into Spurs game with still 8 points gap, gonna be pretty hard to make it.
We have to win the spurs game, otherwise little to no chance .That's real test for this lot. If wolves can win there we have enough quality to win as well.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Well now, Chelsea dropping points sure does make things interesting, eh?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very much so.

Everyone digging out Arsenal yet Chelsea aren't anything special and have many difficult away games still to negotiate.

Arsenal
Man. United
Liverpool
Man. City
Leicester
Everton

Will be dropping points at a few of those venues.

PoTMS

Well feck a duck, just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.

RonaldoVII

I know we can't afford to drop (m)any points but Chelsea drawing tonight unexpectedly gives us more leeway against Spurs. A point away to them isn't a bad one with Chelsea having difficult fixtures in January too.

peridigm

Did you see that little bugger giving the finger to the fans below when he was walking out? :lol:

Edit: somehow posted this in the wrong thread. Anyhow, funny shite if you're watching the match.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
How this ends is all dependent on Chelsea's dealings in January, I reckon. If they manage to bring in one or two talented forwards, I reckon it's theirs to lose... But if they don't? It could be anyone.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How this ends is all dependent on Chelsea's dealings in January, I reckon. If they manage to bring in one or two talented forwards, I reckon it's theirs to lose... But if they don't? It could be anyone.
Can still get at that defence if the CBs are exposed one v one.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
One game at a time but 7 points is doable considering we've still a lot of games left.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
How many points off were we when Jose got the boot?
Chelsea have 7 points from 12, you have 12 from 12.

So 5 points plus the current gap of 6. 11 points, I guess.

prateik

Our GD after 17 games was 0.
GD after 4 games is +11...

What the feck was jose doing?

Kapardin

We have to play Spurs next. Let's see what the table looks like after the next round of games and then we will know whether to hope or not.

BaseFishing

They signed Pulisic but he'll be staying at Dortmund until the end of the season. So they probably won't be getting anyone else who plays in that position.

RedDevilRoshi

Great result at both St James’ Park & Stamford Bridge tonight.

Definitely not out of it.

Patrick08

I know we can't afford to drop (m)any points but Chelsea drawing tonight unexpectedly gives us more leeway against Spurs. A point away to them isn't a bad one with Chelsea having difficult fixtures in January too.
And then they play Thursday and Sunday in Europa league.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
After 17 games we were on course for 58 points this season , 4 games later our average has gone up to 1.8 and we are on course for 68 . What a disaster those 17 games were .

RonaldoVII

We have to play Spurs next. Let's see what the table looks like after the next round of games and then we will know whether to hope or not.
The week after they play Arsenal away whereas we have Brighton at home. Plenty still to play for and, as Patrick says, Europa League definitely is something to factor in.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
They signed Pulisic but he'll be staying at Dortmund until the end of the season. So they probably won't be getting anyone else who plays in that position.
They're still linked with the likes of Higuain & Arnoutavic (I can't spell). Pulisic is more of a Hazard replacement should he decide to leave - They still need a LOT more than that.

I'll be flabbergasted if they don't sign a CF this window.

prateik

We'll beat Spurs. Newcastle with keep Chelsea out... West Ham will beat Arsenal.

It's so ON.