Top Four Race 2018/19

Raw

Should have sacked Jose long long ago. So many winnable games we squandered because of his shite, could have been in a much better position.

Patrick08

We'll beat Spurs. Newcastle with keep Chelsea out... West Ham will beat Arsenal.

It's so ON.
Let's see, but spurs are different ball game all together as they have more fitter and mobile players in the midfield and a better defense.

We certainly have to work a lot harder defensively to match them in the middle of the park.

el3mel

Avoid defeat at Wembley and we're in there.

The loss will set us back. A draw is good. Win is magnificent.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Should have sacked Jose long long ago. So many winnable games we squandered because of his shite, could have been in a much better position.
West Ham-Newcastle was the time Woodward gave it serious thoughts but decided to give Mourinho more time. Could be crucial at end of the season.

Cloud7

We'll beat Spurs. Newcastle with keep Chelsea out... West Ham will beat Arsenal.

It's so ON.
My memory might be wrong, but don’t Newcastle usually do quite well against Chelsea?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Considering that we've already halved the GD difference after 4 games, I wouldn't put it past us to equal Chelsea´s GD and we'd only need to gain 3 points all season while beating them at home. :drool:

If we get a positive result at Wembley, I'll start believing. It'll be one of the hardest matches we'll play all season and if we can get a result there, I'll fancy our chances.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
Now it's down to 6 points Ed might feel more tempted to buy that defender this month, could make the difference between CL and EL next season.

Mick321

After 17 games we were on course for 58 points this season , 4 games later our average has gone up to 1.8 and we are on course for 68 . What a disaster those 17 games were .
It was so dumb how long we waited to fix what obviously wasn't working and was never going to! We've got a bit of a chance but I fear we left the change too late and it'll bite us on the arse.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea's home form is shit at the moment, bit like us over the last few years when the onus is on you as the home team to attack they struggle

Baxter

I think we’ll come up short as we’re still a bit of a mess defensively, but it just shows that Jose should’ve been binned much earlier.

Patrick08

Now it's down to 6 points Ed might feel more tempted to buy that defender this month, could make the difference between CL and EL next season.
We don't need a defender for poor opposition we will face after spurs games. I don't think the defender we want would be available as well.

Can see bringing in a loanee back to the club though.

klsv

Some of the results really haunting at the moment, we should be comfortably in the top 4 already.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If we beat Spurs I'll start to really believe....

saivet

Next set of for the rest of January:

West Ham vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Newcastle
Spurs vs United

United vs Brighton
Arsenal vs Chelsea

Arsenal vs Cardiff
Bournemouth vs Chelsea
United vs Burnley

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just shows you that we'd be in the top four now if we had sacked that virus after the West Ham or Newcastle game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If we beat Spurs I'll start to really believe....
Draw will be more than decent as after that you have two very winnable home games and Arsenal-Chelsea is also happening.

Can see the gap going down to 2-3 points tbh.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Next set of for the rest of January:

West Ham vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Newcastle
Spurs vs United

United vs Brighton
Chelsea vs Arsenal

Arsenal vs Cardiff
Bournemouth vs Chelsea
United vs Burnley
Arsenal at home to Chelsea. They'd be confident of getting 4 points from two home games. West Ham away is difficult to predict with West Ham producing random games atm.

Minimalist

Here, we might actually do this.

At very least we're in the mix again provided we don't start going through a bad blip.

Take a point at least against Spurs and then two home matches back to back.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoTMS

Thank God for Liverpool. If it wasn't for them, we'd be fending off 6th place from Wolves, Leicester and Everton.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
United will make top 4. The amount of goals you're scoring is a good indicator provided you can stay consistent. Chelsea have City,Liverpool , Arsenal and UTD away. That's possibly 4 losses for them.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So much doom and gloom :lol: We play Spurs and you at Old Trafford. By January 1st, i'm sure United will be back in the mix. We've barely passed a third of the season, a lot is still waiting to happen.
See ? You just had to take care of a little problem :D Chelsea v Arsenal will be huge, a win there would be amazing but i'd take a draw and just stay close.Chelsea will drop more points.

Canagel

It'll be a travesty if we didn't make it. Chelsea can't even score against Southampton. They don't have an attacking force. And Arsenal can't defend. We've got the best balance and still have all teams still to play. It's looking good . If we can get a result in Wembley it'll will be even better and put us in strong position.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
United will make top 4. The amount of goals you're scoring is a good indicator provided you can stay consistent. Chelsea have City,Liverpool , Arsenal and UTD away. That's possibly 4 losses for them.
We have the likes of City, Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves, Leicester, Everton away ourselves without a 7 point headstart. It's more likely than a couple of weeks ago, but still highly unlikely. Defeat to Spurs would kill any chance.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yes, yes, feel the hope.
Let it grow inside of you.
Let it build..
:angel:

OhGee

We have spurs away next, can't remember the last time we won there.
Well believe my friend. The last 5 years we had to deal with dross football but fear not, the prodigal son has returned. I’m backing the boys to make it 5 wins in a row...

PoTMS

Maybe not recently in the league but we beat them in the Cup at Wembley in April. We can do it again!

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Yeah but that midfield of Sissoko and Winks I feel can be got at. And they have some academy youngster as their only backup.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Still not good enough for the top 4. It we beat both West Ham and Chelsea it could chance though.