Top Four Race 2018/19

red4ever 79

We have a good chance to finish 4th. We are ahead of Arsenal in terms of ability and consistency now with Ole steering the ship. Chelsea are a strange one. If they get Hilguain and he hits the ground running could be a close one. However I am confident we will finish 4th.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Big 3 points for Spurs. 3 favourable home fixtures now which should see them safe in 3rd.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Lovely catch 22 for Man Utd coming up. Do you try and beat City and go for fourth, or sacrifice that and bend over to try and stop us from winning the title?

UpWithRivers

I dont see why Spurs are home and dry for third. Good win but it was Fulham. They can and will drop points. Definitely in a good position but its football. Weird sht happens.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Big 3 points for Spurs. 3 favourable home fixtures now which should see them safe in 3rd.
If Alli is out as well then those games will be a real test. They're basically down to Eriksen to win them games

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Gutted Spurs didn't drop points. With Dier and Sissoko coming back they should find it a bit easier. Son should be back in a few weeks as well.

IRELANDUNITED

Lovely catch 22 for Man Utd coming up. Do you try and beat City and go for fourth, or sacrifice that and bend over to try and stop us from winning the title?

Also I don't think a United team would ever 'bend over' for anyone, unlike yous who happily bent over for Chelsea in 2010 to stop us winning another title.

Canagel

We will beat you first. I think we'll be in top 4 by the time City game arrives

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Honestly, it's not a catch 22.

I think most (all) United fans would come fifth if it meant Liverpool not winning the title.... I'd take fifteenth/lose to Arsenal in the F A Cup/lose to PSG, if it stopped Liverpool winning the title

Mick321

I think most (all) United fans would come fifth if it meant Liverpool not winning the title.... I'd take fifteenth/lose to Arsenal in the F A Cup/lose to PSG, if it stopped Liverpool winning the title
I certainly wouldn't, that's absolutely pathetic. CL is massively important, financially and for signing players. How can any Manchester United supporter not want what is best for Manchester United? Liverpool have started progressing because they got CL football and become attractive to players like Van Dijk and Alisson. Yes their fans, media will be annoying but next September hearing the Europa League music at Old Trafford while all other big clubs played CL in the days before would be more annoying.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I dont see why Spurs are home and dry for third. Good win but it was Fulham. They can and will drop points. Definitely in a good position but its football. Weird sht happens.
15 games left, 9 of them at home with a 7 (basically 8 with GD) point advantage.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

Also I don't think a United team would ever 'bend over' for anyone, unlike yous who happily bent over for Chelsea in 2010 to stop us winning another title.
*strokes chin*

zenith

You really should speak for yourself. United winning and coming in fourth would be an incredible achievement after the position Jose left us in.

A lot of fans don't give a damn what happens to Liverpool. It's all about united and what's best

Judas

Open to offers
You really should speak for yourself. United winning and coming in fourth would be an incredible achievement after the position Jose left us in.

A lot of fans don't give a damn what happens to Liverpool. It's all about united and what's best
I don't agree, maybe fans who don't get it, but the ones who do, want nothing more than Liverpool to fail once again.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Credit to Spurs for getting through that one, but now it looks like Alli could be missing for a few weeks as well!
They have a very bad habit of managing to win football matches when it looks unlikely.

Their passing accuracy and fitness levels are extremely high.
And of course they have a number of very good players.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'd happily finish in 8th if it meant Pool didn't win the league.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
We have a good chance to finish 4th. We are ahead of Arsenal in terms of ability and consistency now with Ole steering the ship. Chelsea are a strange one. If they get Hilguain and he hits the ground running could be a close one. However I am confident we will finish 4th.
Not convinced by Chelsea at all. Now the manager's questioning the player's effort as well, so implosion might be on the cards.

Spurs scraped it today and now Dele is injured their squad will be pushed to the limit.

Arsenal are inconsistent.

I'm confident we'll get Top 4.

IRELANDUNITED

While i dislike them as much as every other fan i think you've gone a bit far, it will hurt if they win the league of course, but they will still be 1 behind us and it would give us so much motivation to go on and win it next season. They'll be unbearable to listen to but understandable cause they've suffered for so long.

peridigm

That's the spirit. Don't give a feck about Liverpool. They will not come anywhere near United's achievements in the PL era in my lifetime and I'm 45. Neither will City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and certainly not Spurs. If finishing 4th somehow helps Liverpool win the league, then so be it. We need CL football next season at all cost. We're not going to get their throwing league matches away. Look at the bright side. If Liverpool do win the league, RM will be hard for Klopp. Maybe they hire Jose next season to replace Klopp. I'd actually prefer they won the league over City if the later were a sure thing.

el3mel

Spurs escaped today but they're going to lose lots of points with this rate. I think we may catch them. 3rd is very possible.

Canagel

Can someone post next 5 PL fixtures for each top 4 team?it would be interesting the order of fixtures and where points could be dropped etc

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Yeah feck that. I put our success first and will take comfort if we did lose to City in the fact it screwed Pool, first and foremost though I'd want to win.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

What is this shit?

crossy1686

career ending
Its OK, Chelsea are better than us by every metric so don't get your hopes up
They're fecking dreadful. One dimensional, shades of big Phil Scolari about them again. I've seen nothing outside of Hazard in them that would enhance our team. Now the manager has gone full Mourinho also and starting selling decent backup options and bringing no one in.

cyberman

They've lost to us, Liverpool, City and Wolves and won the rest. The hardest home game they've got left is Arsenal.
They're eighth in the home league table. Even if they have had tough games it means those games are even harder for them away from home next time round.
Its really not a positive in any way.

EwanI Ted

Spurs escaped today but they're going to lose lots of points with this rate. I think we may catch them. 3rd is very possible.
Hm, not so sure. We’ll drop at least 8 points between now and the end of the season, probably more, which means Spurs need to drop 15 or so points before we catch them. With 15 games to go, 9 of which are at home, that doesn’t seem likely tbh.

EwanI Ted

They're eighth in the home league table. Even if they have had tough games it means those games are even harder for them away from home next time round.
Its really not a positive in any way.
From fewer games though.