Top Four Race 2018/19

CognitiveNeuro

Emery was really confident today in his press conference....have a feeling Arsenal will sneak a narrow win against Liverpool

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Emery was really confident today in his press conference....have a feeling Arsenal will sneak a narrow win against Liverpool
Good Joke. Bellerin, Monreal, Sokratis, Kolasinac all questionable for tomorrow. No idea how the defense will loke like and we never look good against the Top Teams.

Pav1878

Spurs just had their best ever start to the league and we're four points behind them after our start. We could be 2 points behind Arsenal who just won 12 in a row if Liverpool beats them.
That's why this thread is needed. It adds perspective to the everybody else is brilliant, we're gonna be 12th mindset around here.
Well said my friend

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Good Joke. Bellerin, Monreal, Sokratis, Kolasinac all questionable for tomorrow. No idea how the defense will loke like and we never look good against the Top Teams.
I'm feeling more confident about this than I was for the City, Chelsea & Spurs games mainly because Arsenal have looked poor defensively all season. They seem to be second best in a fair few games and I think they'll be stuck with Xhaka at LB against Salah.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm feeling more confident about this than I was for the City, Chelsea & Spurs games mainly because Arsenal have looked poor defensively all season. They seem to be second best in a fair few games and I think they'll be stuck with Xhaka at LB against Salah.
If Liverpool want to win the league nothing less than a win against Arsenal is good enough.

Shark

@NotShark
We’re back on track. We can still easily salvage a respectable position on the table if we can just string together a long run. We’re better than Arsenal, don’t care what anyone says.

Kapardin

We’re back on track. We can still easily salvage a respectable position on the table if we can just string together a long run. We’re better than Arsenal, don’t care what anyone says.
I fancy us to beat City if we can keep it tight at the back. For that, Matic needs to be dropped, Smalling needs to come back to some semblance of form, and perhaps we need to decide which of Lindelof/Rojo/Bailly is good.

Hopefully Arsenal beat Liverpool. 5 points off Arse and 6 points off a dodgy Liverpool side despite their winning run isn't a bad position be in by November.

Raw

Arsenal v Liverpool draw and a Spurs loss/draw please. Puts us 3 points behind 4th. Though an Arsenal win would still be lovely, despite how bullish their fans are getting.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Their attack is better than yours, and I'd obviously take DDG over Leno/Cech, but the rest of the field is pretty give & take. Only guaranteed starters in midfield/defence for me (from either team) would be Pogba/Shaw.

cyberman

I agree. Conceding weird goals colours how good we're performing going forward.
Arsenal and Spurs seem to play shit and score from a nothing situation, we have to peg teams back and turn it on to win.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope Pool beat Arsenal.
I think our best bet is to catch Spurs and Arsenal.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Arsenal v Liverpool draw and a Spurs loss/draw please. Puts us 3 points behind 4th. Though an Arsenal win would still be lovely, despite how bullish their fans are getting.
Yeah, that is what I want too. I think Liverpool and Spurs will edge their games though.

Judas

Open to offers
Laughably close to top four considering our form. Didn't think we had a chance honestly, but now it would be foolish to rule it out.

Would sadly expect Liverpool to dismantle Arsenal with ease, but I suppose the upside is it helps us in the race for top 4.

Shark

@NotShark
Their attack is better than yours, and I'd obviously take DDG over Leno/Cech, but the rest of the field is pretty give & take. Only guaranteed starters in midfield/defence for me (from either team) would be Pogba/Shaw.
Their attack has been performing better, but when we actually turn it on with Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, Mata and Lukaku, we’re stronger imo.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Their attack has been performing better, but when we actually turn it on with Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, Mata and Lukaku, we’re stronger imo.
If I were to pick a top 5 attacking players list between the two clubs, I'd probably take Lacazette/Auba/Ozil/Martial/Sanchez, and I'd only take Sanchez if he can get back to his best.

Xoxo Gossip boy

I see everyone is in a happy mood here, which is great... Not trying to sound pessimistic but I think we have given ourselves too much to do and top 4 is gone, imo. I'll only start believing if we can pick 3 points (nothing less) away to city next week.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Laughably close to top four considering our form. Didn't think we had a chance honestly, but now it would be foolish to rule it out.

Would sadly expect Liverpool to dismantle Arsenal with ease, but I suppose the upside is it helps us in the race for top 4.
Got 10 points out of your last 12 so don't see why you wouldn't be close to top 4. Indeed if you look at form past Spurs defeat Man. United have actually won 5 out of 8 league games.

Issue is forum includes all the cup games so makes out the league form (note not performances) is actually worse than it seems.

Jacko21

Things looking a little healthier. Hopefully some dropped points elsewhere this weekend.

Don't discount the impact that the Europa League will have on Arsenal and probably Chelsea.

And Spurs will always leave the door open.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
People really think we cant catch these teams?
Don't see Man. United finishing above any of the top 3. Don't think you should just dismiss competiting with Arsenal and Spurs though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We can all look at individual games. That Arsenal defence really isn’t good.
It's not but they looked very well organised and facts are facts they've conceded far fewer goals than us

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We can all look at individual games. That Arsenal defence really isn’t good.
They played like a unit today. We were a bit shit up front, but Arsenal are doing well. I have them as my fourth placed finishing team now. Ahead of a knackered, and will continue to be knackered, Spurs.

red4ever 79

City, Liverpool and Chelsea are nailed on for the top 4. That leaves one place with Arsenal, Spurs, Utd all sniffing around.

Devil may care

Arsenal look better organized at the back and are much better coached in attack than us, neither them or Spurs will be easy to overtake.

Kapardin

City, Liverpool and Chelsea are nailed on for the top 4. That leaves one place with Arsenal, Spurs, Utd all sniffing around.
Too early to say, apart from City, the other two are not nearly as convincing as you think. If we continue our run till January and sign a CB, we could even do better. Of course, manager and players must continue to pull together instead of the bickering we saw early on in the season.

haram

People are forgetting the games where that Arsenal defence have been exposed and got lucky this season then.

deafepl

If we beat City next week even though it is most unlikely, it's a loser for Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs who probably are guaranteed a loss when they face City at Etihad.