Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Schalke sign Todibo

A done deal in Germany.
Schalke have snapped up Jean-Clair Todibo from Barcelona on loan.
The Bundesliga side have the option to sign Todibo permanently for around £22m plus add-ons.
Nice profit for Barca after signing him for free 6 months ago.

Makes you wonder why these players agree to it.

croadyman

That Mendes pic was old as hell, not from tonight.
Castles tweet has me still believing we will sign him, I expect to see movement now the game is out the way and Gedson Fernandes's move to Spurs is complete. That will free up Mendes to broker a deal that will suit both Utd & Sporting.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Castles tweet has me still believing we will sign him, I expect to see movement now the game is out the way and Gedson Fernandes's move to Spurs is complete. That will free up Mendes to broker a deal that will suit both Utd & Sporting.
if they want him to face Benfica like Castles claims, you wont see any real news until next Monday probably. They cant agree a deal with you and still play him, that'd be moronic and just wouldnt happen.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
slow window though, isnt it.

January isnt a big window anyway but i thought there'd be more going on, especially with the bottom sides. Unless last 2 weeks or so kick into life

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
slow window though, isnt it.

January isnt a big window anyway but i thought there'd be more going on, especially with the bottom sides. Unless last 2 weeks or so kick into life
Usually find the January transfer window underwhelming from United's perspective and from other big teams too.

I totally understand it from a lower teams viewpoint,though even then I'd like to see what the success rate is for clubs in mid-table and especially ones fighting relegated.

Tarrou

Its a year worth of wages though? Plus agent fees etc
I might be being dim here but I can't see what money laundering could be going on, or why this looks like money laundering

it just looks like they've sweetened the deal for this agent?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I might be being dim here but I can't see what money laundering could be going on, or why this looks like money laundering

Agreed, it's more likely alleged financial irregularity rather than laundering. If I gave you an antique chair worth £100k as a gift and you keep it for 6 months before selling it then that is dodgy unless you declare it as a gift and pay the tax on it.

Perhaps this doesn't apply in the case of football 'assets' and so is a loophole for Barcelona to recoup some of what they paid to the agent while boosting the profile and value of what is likely to be a mediocre at best player.

elánius

Giroud to Inter is so weird.

This is so weird. He is benchwarmer for Chelsea, so he wants to leave, but he wants to go to Inter, where he is going to have the same role he has right now. Does he really think that he will play instead of Lukaku and Martinez? Or he is just good friend with Alexis so they ll go for Ronaldinho style in Milan?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

This is so weird. He is benchwarmer for Chelsea, so he wants to leave, but he wants to go to Inter, where he is going to have the same role he has right now. Does he really think that he will play instead of Lukaku and Martinez? Or he is just good friend with Alexis so they ll go for Ronaldinho style in Milan?
Well they're offering him a two and a half year contract, which for a 33 year old is a pretty good deal. Add to that a nice salary + the chance to play in the Champions League for a few more years and it becomes a no brainer.

joedirt87

I could see him being more of an impact sub for Conte at Inter, and it doesn't hurt that he will be getting a nice tax break from the move. Must be really appealing for foreigners to play in Italy right now.

DarkRed

Martinez is wanted by Barca and City and have a r.c. so no chance he will stay there for next season.

cyberman

Yes, through the pretence of player wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.