Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

We pay the deadwood more then Spurs pay the likes of Dele Alli. Why the feck would they leave if we're stupid enough to hyper inflate their value?
I guarantee you we'll have nearly the same bloated, average team next year.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'd rather he go but.....

You can't bin everyone in one summer. Mata at least cares and would be a good mentor to younger players on how to be a professional. He's also one of the only players with quality on the ball.

I wouldn't mind him being here for one year if he's not going to take the piss in wages.

Either way the end is near for him.

Infestissumam

I don't get the uproar. Rebuilding this squad will take 2 big summers, you simply can't do it all in one summer. Keeping Mata as a squad player for one more year seems a weird reason to throw a tantrum.

redshaw

Just need Tony V to commit to another year and we should be ready for next season already.

ArjenIsM3

I like Mata and he writes nice blogs but there's absolutely no point in keeping him any further.
Why not? We need players with the same technical quality and calmness on the ball. Too many of our players just hoof the ball away when put under pressure in our own half. Others like Lingard and Rashford go on a run and lose the ball. I suggest you analyze our game vs Chelsea. He was truly very good.

Ban

Why not? We need players with the same technical quality and calmness on the ball. Too many of our players just hoof the ball away when put under pressure in our own half. Others like Lingard and Rashford go on a run and lose the ball. I suggest you analyze our game vs Chelsea. He was truly very good.
We will keep him cause he's good in one game per season?

jesperjaap

Sums up our great moves in the transfer market. Other big clubs are apparently deep in discussions with clubs and agents, end of the season and a player regarded one of the best in the world and we send in the scouts.....we so need to get a woggle on

Infestissumam

Yet he'd be the first to point out Schweinsteiger was a disaster. Or Falcao etc
exactly. It's super-easy to say "should have done this, should have done that" five years later, but sadly this is about what I expect from some of those journalists out there.

ArjenIsM3

I said offered, I didn't say if it had been accepted, maybe read the comment properly next time.
I never say he did accept it, maybe read the comment properly next time. I said he was leaving. I've also found no reputable source saying he was offered a new deal, let alone such a lengthy one. Which, combined with your slightly cnutish response, leads me to believe you're a bit of a wum right now

tonnas

Sums up our great moves in the transfer market. Other big clubs are apparently deep in discussions with clubs and agents, end of the season and a player regarded one of the best in the world and we send in the scouts.....we so need to get a woggle on
Thats only because you believe these stupid articles

Patrick08

Yeah except Young has never been as good as Mata and he's two years older. We'd be keeping him for one more year. It's not the end of the world. And you're just going to ignore my point about prioritizing other positions? Or are you one of those living in footy manager world who think we're getting 7 players in the summer?
If we got rid and sold him earlier we could have used the money to replace him well. There are talents like James Madison deli Ali in English football itself which we never scout and get now a days, David brooks is another one, but we kept on having a player like him who adds very little for us and now is just a body in the squad. There was and is no point keeping him further as his wages can be used to extend another useful players contract and replaced with by the likes of young players who are hungry to prove themselves. Even loan moves of some players like isco who might not be in managers plans make more sense than keeping him on wage bill now. We should plan for further

pascell

I never say he did accept it, maybe read the comment properly next time. I said he was leaving. I've also found no reputable source saying he was offered a new deal, let alone such a lengthy one. Which, combined with your slightly cnutish response, leads me to believe you're a bit of a wum right now
Bore off. You didn't read my original comment which said 'apparently' not a fact, which you took it as fact as you called it 'bollocks'. Oh aye, I'm the wum laddy, I'm getting all riled up by contract talk :lol:

ArjenIsM3

Bore off. You didn't read my original comment which said 'apparently' not a fact, which you took it as fact as you called it 'bollocks'. Oh aye, I'm the wum laddy, I'm getting all riled up by contract talk :lol:
Bore off? Stop acting all high and mighty mate. Of course I'm going to call you out when you say something that's obviously bollocks. According to the fecking Cambridge dictionary, "apparently is used say something that appears to be true, although it is not certain". It was hard to even find one source that mentions this supposed new deal, I've literally had to go beyond Google and Twitter into the Darmian contract thread (not even last page) to find a tweet from an aggregator from 3 weeks ago supposedly quoting the worst source in Italy which doesn't even say we offered him anything but that we considered offering him a deal. Which we didn't. And which he doesn't even want us to because he misses Italy. Does that appear to be true to you? It's the very definition of garbage. Yet here you are bringing it up, and to add a bit more weight to it you combine it with a fact. Well fecking done. Quality post mate.

Chairman Steve

I swear you could a develop a drinking game from this thread.

A finger for every time Utd have sent scouts to see someone, A finger for every time they’re preparing a bid for someone, Three fingers for when you see a opinion piece masquerading as ITK transfer news like a Miguel Delaney article.

ArjenIsM3

If we got rid and sold him earlier we could have used the money to replace him well. There are talents like James Madison deli Ali in English football itself which we never scout and get now a days, David brooks is another one, but we kept on having a player like him who adds very little for us and now is just a body in the squad. There was and is no point keeping him further as his wages can be used to extend another useful players contract and replaced with by the likes of young players who are hungry to prove themselves. Even loan moves of some players like isco who might not be in managers plans make more sense than keeping him on wage bill now. We should plan for further
I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be replaced at all, I'm saying that now's not the time because we have several more pressing issues that need fixing and the club's already said there won't be wholesale changes. According to reports we're trying to get 4 players in. Do you think we should focus on replacing Mata with someone younger or would you rather we focus on getting a CB, RB, CM and RW instead of a young CAM? You could argue we should fill up his spot with one of our youngsters but we don't really have another player that can do what he does. The one comparable player that springs to mind is Angel Gomes but I don't think he's ready. He's certainly not on Mata's level yet. So why not keep Mata for another year?

OleGunnar20

I'm not exactly for Mata staying but I can see why Ole would be. He's one of our best passers, very positive guy, and even though he's slow he is surprisingly at the top of the list when it comes to putting in a shift. (Can probably find the source if need be). He's also very good at keeping possession and doesn't panic under pressure. He was the reason we were the better side against Chelsea. A one year extension doesn't do much harm while we focus on RW, DM, RB, CB. If it's a longer contract then I say no.
I'd rather he go but.....

You can't bin everyone in one summer. Mata at least cares and would be a good mentor to younger players on how to be a professional. He's also one of the only players with quality on the ball.

I wouldn't mind him being here for one year if he's not going to take the piss in wages.

Either way the end is near for him.
Agreed on both, but he can't be played on the right. I still think he'd have been great for us if played as a 10 consistently, with the team built around him. Shame that so much of his career has been thrown away playing in a position he's completely unsuited to.

Just to be clear - In a FM world I'd have him straight out the door. But, in the here and now I'd say we have bigger fish to fry.

One more season as a tactical option at #10, replace his spot on the right with a Sancho / Lozano / Chiesa type along with minutes for Greenwood & possibly Chong and I'm a happy camper.

TsuWave

kinda want marca/as to be banned. fecking things aren't anything other than madrid PR pieces, every article is a "[insert player name] dream is to play in Madrid". fecking hell

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Looks like we're using the Moneyball approach having read 3 pages of the book and seen 11 mins of the movie.

Silas

kinda want marca/as to be banned. fecking things aren't anything other than madrid PR pieces, every article is a "[insert player name] dream is to play in Madrid". fecking hell
Same.

BlueHaze

I really still have no idea how he turned into such tripe here. What a player he was. Fecking kills me.
I think it comes down to him not even wanting to be here in the first place. Got offered insane wages and came because of that only.

Status
Not open for further replies.