Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristianMackle

If DDG refuses to sign this new improved deal, we need to swap him with Oblak as soon as possible.

FujiVice

£70-80M for Maguire is madness
Not buying a centre half last year was madness. Paying over the odds for players is expected the way we've done business the last few years. We deserve to get pissed about.

VanGaalyTime

More briefings today by Woodward. Meanwhile Leicester sign one of the best midfielders in the world for 40m. You just know they've got a Maguire replacement lined up for 20-30m as well.

Nick7

More briefings today by Woodward. Meanwhile Leicester sign one of the best midfielders in the world for 40m. You just know they've got a Maguire replacement lined up for 20-30m as well.
Unsure how Tielemans is one of the best midfielders in the world after 13 pretty good games for Leicester following a couple of years of average performances. He's a good prospect, certainly not one of the best in the world.

VanGaalyTime

Can we get him, whoever he might be?
Not our style. We'll wait until he moves to Leicester or Spurs and then becomes a 100m player before we bid. Not sure who the replacement will be (If i were in charge of these things, Bristol City's Adam Webster would be the top target, maybe Nathan Jones of Stoke). But they'll sign him for 30 or less, and he'll be worth 60m in a year or two.

VanGaalyTime

Exactly. If there is a chance of having him sign a new extension, I find it mental so many posters are advocating for him to leave right now.
I think the issue is the wages. He's already rejected 350,000. What kind of player rejects 350,000 a week when they want to stay? We might get him at 400,000(!) a week, but then any new player coming in is going to see two declining players on 400,000 a week and see they can take United for a ride.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think the issue is the wages. He's already rejected 350,000. What kind of player rejects 350,000 a week when they want to stay? We might get him at 400,000(!) a week, but then any new player coming in is going to see two declining players on 400,000 a week and see they can take United for a BIGGER ride.
Fixed.

Rake

It would be so good! Incredible how fast out fans turned away from him and declared him "past it", with the assumption that we can easily replace or even improve on him.

edit: that was before I've read that he rejected the 350k per week. That's a bit insane, although we'll still not going to be able to replace him properly if he goes.
I always thought that he wanted to leave not because of the money but to be closer to his GF and to win trophies.

red4ever 79

Exactly. If there is a chance of having him sign a new extension, I find it mental so many posters are advocating for him to leave right now.
Should be the highest paid player at the club, as he is our best player. Dont know why people cant see that. It is not his fault how much Sanchez earns.

Nick7

Not our style. We'll wait until he moves to Leicester or Spurs and then becomes a 100m player before we bid. Not sure who the replacement will be (If i were in charge of these things, Bristol City's Adam Webster would be the top target, maybe Nathan Jones of Stoke). But they'll sign him for 30 or less, and he'll be worth 60m in a year or two.
A lot of our targets are those kinds of players though? Signing before they break out fully. Hell, look at Daniel James.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think the issue is the wages. He's already rejected 350,000. What kind of player rejects 350,000 a week when they want to stay? We might get him at 400,000(!) a week, but then any new player coming in is going to see two declining players on 400,000 a week and see they can take United for a ride.
I think he is rejecting offers up to this point because he believes, justifiably so over the last 5 years or so, that he should be the highest earner at the club as he is consistently one of the best players, if not the best. The wage itself isn't the issue in my opinion. In addition, I think he may well be worried about the current state we are in, and whether or not we are going to be challenging for the major honours in the forseeable future. I just don't see it being as simple as him being very greedy.

Should be the highest paid player at the club, as he is our best player. Dont know why people cant see that. It is not his fault how much Sanchez earns.
Agreed 100%.

VanGaalyTime

And I do have some sympathy with that position. The De Gea of the 2017/18 season was the best goalkeeper in the world. If he had negotiated then he would have got more more money. Now, he seems to have declined. He's still a fantastic goalkeeper. But it's no longer impossible to see him replaced by someone just as good or better in the future. If I were him, I'd accept what United offer knowing that every other scout has seen his decline.

kerryman

With all the holes in the squad people want to create another one, by selling our best player over the last 5 years. I'd rather we spend some of the money we earn on keeping our best players. If he still wants to go in a year or 2 then fair enough, we'll get a lot more for him when he's not free in 12 months.
Why would we keep him if he's going to hold us to ransom and demand huge money. He has turned down 350k per week, that's insane. That would cover wages for two top quality new players.
If DDG and Pogba are going to demand ridiculous wages to stay (and having Sanchez on the wage bill also) how are we going to afford new players, we don't have a bottomless pit of cash.
We need to put an end to this madness and have some sort of wage structure. We struggle to move players on because we are paying them way more than they are worth and they won't get wages like that anywhere else.
Given the end of season he has had not sure why we want to keep him no matter how much it costs. Sell him now while we can get a fee for him.

OleGunnar20

Over the last few years sure, by far our best player.

Going forward though all I see is a goalkeeper who plays in what's quickly becoming an outdated style, who relies on his world class reflexes to cover the gaps in his game.

The most recent half season of form has also been really below his usual standard, with his type of goalkeeper known to generally decline earlier than your VDS types. I think it's fair to be worried he's on the decline.

I think we need to be smart here and really assess whether he'll be worth the money in two years time.

Ashes1396

By that logic Luke Shaw should be the best paid player, or one of the top paid players. And Sanchez the lowest.

De Gea was very poor at the end and would have been dropped had there not been injuries.

His performance hasn't merited a pay rise let alone a huge one.

I think the board should think the time has come for underperforming players like these to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.