Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ornstein said in his podcast this week that Utd have the funds for one marque signing only and that the other position would have to be a compromise or development player. I.e. you buy a top CB and compromise on the striker or vice versa.
One marquee signing along with a develpmental signing would be superb IMO. But Solskjaer has to nail the CB signing which will be crucial IMO and would allow us to play a more expansive game.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
One marquee signing along with a develpmental signing would be superb IMO. But Solskjaer has to nail the CB signing which will be crucial IMO and would allow us to play a more expansive game.
Yeah Sancho or Halaan with Sancho more likely. And then a young CB with the right attributes and I'd be relatively happy for the summer. If Pogba goes spend that money on a DM. Still got the striker issue, but hopefully between Greenwood, Cavani and Martial we can get through it.

AgentSmith

Yeah Sancho or Halaan with Sancho more likely. And then a young CB with the right attributes and I'd be relatively happy for the summer. If Pogba goes spend that money on a DM. Still got the striker issue, but hopefully between Greenwood, Cavani and Martial we can get through it.
Plus the issues we have up front will be eased by having someone like Sancho on the RW.

Rashford Bruno Sancho is an insanely talented 3 behind whoever the CF is.

dinostar77

Im in agreement. The CB signing is the most important to the club this summer. They have to get it right.

croadyman

Ornstein said in his podcast this week that Utd have the funds for one marque signing only and that the other position would have to be a compromise or development player. I.e. you buy a top CB and compromise on the striker or vice versa.
Yeah I actually think there is truth to that and just remains to be seen who we can actually sell in this COVID market

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I can't imagine the club will do all that much this summer. I would like to be wrong but one or two signings maximum. They should try swap Pogba for a centre-back, maybe Varane. Then bring in a deep playmaker and a right winger / striker.

croadyman

I can't imagine the club will do all that much this summer. I would like to be wrong but one or two signings maximum. They should try swap Pogba for a centre-back, maybe Varane. Then bring in a deep playmaker and a right winger / striker.
Think if there was even the slimmest hope of signing a DM/DLP then Whitwell would mention it in the article, definitely feels like there is an acceptance from them that Utd aren't fussed about this position so have stopped linking us to anyone

dinostar77

Duncan Castles just said on Transfer Window podcast that he expects more swap deals this summer ala Artur Melo/Panjic like last summer. Allows clubs to artifically (and legally) inflate the value of the players which helps with FFP and gives them more room to manoeuvre in the transfer market as the swap deals are ammorotised over a period of years. Example he gave was Arsenal trying to swap Bellerin for Draxler (a work in progress).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No idea about who the player is, but Ornstein says it's someone who is quick and mobile from what he's heard. Which if true would probably be the end of Martial at the club.
Richarlison would be similar to martial in many ways but put more of a shift in.

dinostar77

Richarlison would be similar to martial in many ways but put more of a shift in.
Everton with the backing of their owner and potentially CL qualification sell a player to Utd? I doubt it. You maybe right with identifying the player Ornstein was alluding to.

manuchamp88

I can't imagine the club will do all that much this summer. They should try swap Pogba for a centre-back, maybe Varane. Then bring in a deep playmaker and a right winger / striker.
I agree. Having just watched the Ornstein video, it seems an obvious move to swap Pogba for Varane and use the money that we do have on Haaland, and possibly a CDM partially-funded by sales. I personally rate Haaland higher as a striker than I do, say, Kounde as a defender.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Corriere dello Sport

It looks like the Italian media in general are convinced that Milenkovic will leave this summer. Fiorentina are willing to sell him as part of a "revolution" at the club. Who they'll sell him to, however, remains to be seen, but Corriere are putting United's name in there as usual.

Coops73

It’s obvious how I worked it out to be fair. You say you don’t care about what he says - and then go on to demonstrate that you care enough to the point where you don’t want any player at the club who is associated with him, no matter how good they are. So you are clearly bothered by his words!
feck me :rolleyes: I see the headlines but I don’t read it’s content because I don’t care what it contains and if we move Pogba on and no longer deal with him, happy days. You’re not listening and you’re boring me.

Tarrou

Ole with the old "I can't speak about this player I'm about to speak about out" trick..

Champagne Football

Think if there was even the slimmest hope of signing a DM/DLP then Whitwell would mention it in the article, definitely feels like there is an acceptance from them that Utd aren't fussed about this position so have stopped linking us to anyone
I think the club will have Garner pencilled in for that role, therefor not bringing in any more players for that position

croadyman

I think the club will have Garner pencilled in for that role, therefor not bringing in any more players for that position
Only thing is that won't be until the following season so what should we do for the next one, we really need another type of midfielder to Fred/McTominay and Matic is certainly not capable of playing every game

SecondFig

I'd be amazed if they're pinning that much hope on Garner. I agree that they see him as a possibility for the role, but largely I think the club just sees that position as lower down the priority list than RW, CB, CF, RB etc

croadyman

I'd be amazed if they're pinning that much hope on Garner. I agree that they see him as a possibility for the role, but largely I think the club just sees that position as lower down the priority list than RW, CB, CF, RB etc
Yeah I think these recent reports from the athletic are certainly suggesting that the priorities in order are

CB

CF

RW

RB (
attacking backup)

DM

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: SportBILD via RB Live

RB Leipzig chief Markus Krösche:
When you do a good job, you arouse desire. But Julian feels comfortable because he has everything he needs here. The team is developing great. That’s why I see no reason for him to switch – especially since he has a valid contract with us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bild says that the four English clubs going after Haaland (according to Raiola) are Chelsea, City, United, and Liverpool. Dortmund want him to be their new record sale (i.e. they want more than the 130 million Euros that they received for Ousmane Dembélé).

Status
Not open for further replies.