Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Romano already posted a Lazio transfer update about David Silva and Vedat Muriqi, but GdM is also reporting that Lazio are looking to get Sergio Rico on Sevilla, who was previously on loan to PSG.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Romano reiterating what he's already reported earlier:

If Chelsea think they can lowball this because of a personal agreement with Havertz...good luck to them.
All about installments just like with United & Sancho. Bayer aren't as rich and don't have CL football like BVB so perhaps they'll be easier to negotiate with.

On Fridge Chutney

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If you don't want to see what Fridge is posting then put him on ignore. If people continue to discuss him or moan about him here you'll be banned from the thread. This is something that has already been discussed and doesn't need to be discussed again.

Either - put him on ignore or ignore it in this thread

Or

Continue to moan and get threadbanned. Your choice.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Romeo Agresti (reliable for Juve news in particular) has ruled out Sandro Tonali to Juventus.

Looks like Inter are the only team that are still going after him.

EDIT: Some banter from David Amoyal

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
All about installments just like with United & Sancho. Bayer aren't as rich and don't have CL football like BVB so perhaps they'll be easier to negotiate with.
Has there been something new regarding that? From what I've read over the past few weeks, Chelsea are aiming to pay 80 million euros for him whilst Bayer Leverkusen want more than that.

dev1l

Despite that...
Chelsea are in a comfortable position knowing player wants to join them and West ham need to sell. It remains to be seen whether Lampard really wants him and how much of a priority he is for them. Considering they need to strengthen other areas

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Chelsea are in a comfortable position knowing player wants to join them and West ham need to sell. It remains to be seen whether Lampard really wants him and how much of a priority he is for them. Considering they need to strengthen other areas
Yeah, I think they'll want to get a left back in along with Havertz before pushing further. I get the feeling that they're starting to hit the limits of their transfer budget, so they're being more selective with their dealings.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Atalanta are going to compete against Bologna for the transfer of Vladyslav Supryaga, who scored 15 goals in 26 matches Dnipro on loan from Dynamo Kiev.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
@FootballHQ

Watkins, Wesley, Mbwana and Kienan Davis seems a bit overkill for a club like Villa. They’re also pretty good strikers for a club of Villa’s current level (no offence, and wit the exception of Davis).

Is someone going to leave? They’re mostly recent signings as well, would find it weird to keep throwing money at the striker problem every window and hope it sticks. Think a bit more patience is required with these lads.
You sure on that mate, our strikers scored in the grand total of six league games last season. :lol:

Samatta actually looked decent to me when he first joined, no idea what the hell he did during lockdown as looked completely out of sorts since. Wesley was very raw last season and shouldn't have been starting every week, injured until October/November anyway.

Keinan Davis has potential in holding the ball up and challenging defenders but he's scored about three senior goals in his career, ideally I'd loan him out to the championship until January.

I think we've got the worst striker options in the bottom half. We badly lack an Antonio type and Dwight Gayle is a better back up than anything we have so there's two teams who just finished above us.

Ollie Watkins is an obvious one given he's played under DS before, would take him as an option to play out wide but another big gamble if he's the main signing for the central role, we're crying out to get in an experienced striker for a season or two. Tammy Abraham rumours floating again although he'll probably stay at Chelsea until January and then evaluate his future.

Dan600

I don’t have a tweet as such but an interesting side note to this is Paddypower reporting that Kante’s odds to join us have dropped from 12/1 down to 6/4 and lower.

I imagine a few punters are putting money on due to the Rice speculation, but where does a Kante link to us come from. Seems rather random. Not necessarily complaining mind.

Chairman Steve

A number 10? Aren't we endowed with plenty of players who can claim to be that anyway? Does someone like Grealish or Van De Beek fall into that category because I‘d understand it better, but I’d call them a creative attacking midfielder. Number 10 is like the supporting striker to me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A number 10? Aren't we endowed with plenty of players who can claim to be that anyway? Does someone like Grealish or Van De Beek fall into that category because I‘d understand it better, but I’d call them a creative attacking midfielder. Number 10 is like the supporting striker to me.
Yeah, and they're all poor which is why you're having to play Bruno constantly even though he is exhausted.

United58

I think most people consider the 10 the playmaker, not the second striker - you might be associating it with second striker because of Rooney. It is a bit disingenuous to use numbers as position demarcations I think :houllier:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Who have we got other than Bruno who can really play the no.10 position?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That'd be well over £200m surely? Did he speak about outgoings on the podcast?
‘They’re very keen on Pau Torres but don’t want to pay his €55 million release clause. They’ll look to sell a couple of CBs aswell’

United58

‘They’re very keen on Pau Torres but don’t want to pay his €55 million release clause. They’ll look to sell a couple of CBs aswell’
Yeah that makes sense, thanks. We're definitely in sell-before-we-buy mode, given how stingily we're running the Sancho deal and pursuing other targets

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah that makes sense, thanks. We're definitely in sell-before-we-buy mode, given how stingily we're running the Sancho deal and pursuing other targets
It’s actually a good thing for a change. We wanting to get rid of players who aren’t good enough rather than just sticking by them forever.

Dr. StrangeHate

If you don't want to see what Fridge is posting then put him on ignore. If people continue to discuss him or moan about him here you'll be banned from the thread. This is something that has already been discussed and doesn't need to be discussed again.

Either - put him on ignore or ignore it in this thread

Or

Continue to moan and get threadbanned. Your choice.
It would be interesting to know how many people have ignored him and who are the top 10 ignored people on the Caf.

ti vu

Kyle Walker-Peters to Southampton is now official.

With KWP out and Aurier on his way out, Spurs may not have a proper right back. They're most certainly going to bring in one lest they want to play central defenders there (Foythm Tanganga, Davinson Sanchez).
Tanganga would be my bet. Then when they switch to wing back, they have Sissoko, Moura can do a psedo wing back job.

United58

It’s actually a good thing for a change. We wanting to get rid of players who aren’t good enough rather than just sticking by them forever.
Oh yeah I'm delighted with it; hopefully the replacements are better and not on such mad wages!

Tanganga would be my bet. Then when they switch to wing back, they have Sissoko, Moura can do a psedo wing back job.
From scoring a hattrick in a Champions League semi-final to playing as a defender? You can count on José :D

Status
Not open for further replies.