Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great season with 0 goals 0 assists in the league, FA cup and league cup? Playing 37 games as our further forward CM & 10 games as a DM. If that is a great season maybe it shows you why we're not a club at the top any more. He only played well in the Europa with 2 goals & 4 assists in 9 appearances, reminding me of Depay who also did nothing for us outside of the Europa because that was his level at the time. At least Depay had time on his side though, whereas Fred at 27 does not. We need better than "acceptable at Europa league level" players.
You should start watching football on the telly instead of Wikipedia. Thank me later.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Great season with 0 goals 0 assists in the league, FA cup and league cup? Playing 37 games as our further forward CM & 10 games as a DM. If that is a great season maybe it shows you why we're not a club at the top any more. He only played well in the Europa with 2 goals & 4 assists in 9 appearances, reminding me of Depay who also did nothing for us outside of the Europa because that was his level at the time. At least Depay had time on his side though, whereas Fred at 27 does not. We need better than "acceptable at Europa league level" players.
You should start watching football on the telly instead of Wikipedia. Thank me later.
@Rozay is right, didn't Fred boss the midfield alongside McTominay against the 1-3 win against PSG.....in the Champions League? Europa League Level Player....the disrespect!

Champagne Football

And wrongly at that, they're selling clubs and if we offered near his previous release clause, we'll get him.
I seriously doubt it. Liverpool never got a Werner discount. Leipzig desperately want Upamecano to stay for 1 more campaign. I think we'll need to pay €60 million to get him, and that will depend on offloading Smalling first, then secondly depend on if Leipzig are willing to sell in this window.

dove

@Rozay is right, didn't Fred boss the midfield alongside McTominay against the 1-3 win against PSG.....in the Champions League? Europa League Level Player....the disrespect!
Out of all possible examples you picked that one, where we didn't boss anything but literally smashed and grabbed it. Lots of better examples out here :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Out of all possible examples you picked that one, where we didn't boss anything but literally smashed and grabbed it. Lots of better examples out here :lol:
:lol: I'm sure I remember him playing really well in that match haha!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That cringey tweet by Leipzig was already posted yesterday. Nothing to do with the Hirst tweet being deleted today
What did Hirst tweet and delete?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why are his wage demands so high? Bayern aren't known for paying massive salaries, are they?
5th highest in Europe. I think it's only barca, real, PSG and Manchester City's off-the-books-salary that out competes them.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If you’re Leipzig do you take say €60m now or the release clause next year?

Take it and run you little scamps.

Toad

Why are his wage demands so high? Bayern aren't known for paying massive salaries, are they?
Probably his last big contract and making the most of it, who wouldn’t? After all it is the If you had an opportunity to sign for Manchester United where Pogba is on 300k then you would put yourself in that category being Thiago and ask for similar.

Salah is on 220k as the highest paid Liverpool player. Then you have Henderson, Liverpool’s player of the season only on 110k. It wouldn’t be good for their wage structure to bring in Thiago if his demands are immediately higher than their highest paid player, it would most likely cause disturbance amongst their other players who will potentially demand higher paid contracts.

Liverpool will have to negotiate that wage down below the Salah wage and probably on par with Mané and Firmino (£150k and 180k respectively) to at least avoid turmoil in my opinion. Then you have to look at Henderson and wonder does he deserve to get a pay rise? It’s all about keeping the whole squad happy to keep them motivated and performing well.

United wage structure is already ruined but we do have the money to pay these wages.You’d think that if Fernandes carries on with being an integral part of the team we will offer him a huge contract when it is up for renewal simply because he will deserve it and it will keep him motivated because he is happy, but again we can afford this. This is probably Thiago’s last big contract and it would be unusual for him to get 250k pw here but in my opinion we look at how Fernandes is playing and he is on 150k pw so why would we want to unsettle him by bringing in Someone on almost double his wages?

How accurate those wages are depends on the source I took them but they are close enough.

anyway long story short. Don’t settle the squad by bringing in someone on double your wage.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Notice how it’s all the Bundesliga mouthpieces running with the same “United in the running but not yet bid” narrative. This is where they return the favour to their transfer sources within the clubs who provide the info that puts food on their table over the summer. The truth will be that United have probably not even enquired, they’re just using our name to hurry Liverpool up and ensure the bid they make is a realistic one.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Notice how it’s all the Bundesliga mouthpieces running with the same “United in the running but not yet bid” narrative. This is where they return the favour to their transfer sources within the clubs who provide the info that puts food on their table over the summer. The truth will be that United have probably not even enquired, they’re just using our name to hurry Liverpool up and ensure the bid they make is a realistic one.
Same was said about Van De Beek

Tiber

Don't buy for a second that we are actually in for Thiago, clearly being used to hurry up Liverpool

Maroo

Interesting story. Key highlights-

- VDB had agreed a contract with Madrid only for the club to back out due to COVID-19
- Spurs and Barca were in for him
- Bergkamp, van der sar, Daley Blind spoke to him about joining United
- Final piece of jigsaw was Ole convincing him on his role
- Judge seems to be getting good at negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.