Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's a rubbish opening offer, they spent 35M on Kehrer, 40M on Luiz... Bellerin has 3 years left on his deal. Plus it's PSG, come back with 40/45M or go shop elsewhere.
They probably started low because Arsenal themselves have put him on the market. I'm pretty sure that Arsenal will reject that and ask for way more.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info on the Juve-Suarez links:

It appears that Juve are still waiting on Roma to resolve their Under-Milik swap. If that goes through, then they would go in for Dzeko as well. Looks like Suarez is the alternative if they can't get Dzeko from Roma.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How do they have the money to pay his salary? I mean it’s not Ronaldo money but it’s still around 15m a year isn’t it?
They get a tax relief from Italy whenever they players from outside of Italy. That helps them pay the higher salaries. With Matuidi, Khedira, and Higuain all gone, they've freed up quite a bit of the wages already.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Will he be starting with Dunk next season? @The Boy ?
I would think so. We played Chelsea in a friendly a couple of days ago and he started in a back three with Dunk and Webster, but who knows how Potter will line up against them on the opening day, but I’d bet my house White will be there!

hubbuh

Arsenal signing Aouar or Partey would be annoying. A really good midfielder, combined with two promising centre backs and Willian suddenly turns them into a bit of a team. All the more reason for us to get our arses in gear!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Arsenal signing Aouar or Partey would be annoying. A really good midfielder, combined with two promising centre backs and Willian suddenly turns them into a bit of a team. All the more reason for us to get our arses in gear!
Would be excellent signings - I doubt they pull it off to be honest.

A club laying people off to save money doesn’t really scream ‘spend £150m’. Plus Aubameyang will get massive wages.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Would be excellent signings - I doubt they pull it off to be honest.

A club laying people off to save money doesn’t really scream ‘spend £150m’. Plus Aubameyang will get massive wages.
I'd take one more year of Xhaka-Ceballos to get Aouar. Partey is way more likely though.They will probably say that they tried but we'll be too short on cash.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They are already doing pretty well under Arteta.

Zlatanator

I feel Barca played themselves by announcing the big clearance of aged players, now they don't have any power in negotiations. Raktic was sold for 1.50M, Suarez to follow

RedDevilRoshi

Chelsea certainly aren’t mucking about. Some fecking window they’ve had so far and there is still over 30 days to go.

Ziyech
Werner
Chilwell
Silva
Havertz

If they add a GK then it’s virtually the perfect window.

Just hope for ourselves after securing Van De Beek that we start getting a few deals over the line now

Chief123

Chelsea certainly aren’t mucking about. Some fecking window they’ve had so far and there is still over 30 days to go.

Ziyech
Werner
Chilwell
Silva
Havertz

If they add a GK then it’s virtually the perfect window.

Just hope for ourselves after securing Van De Beek that we start getting a few deals over the line now
Malang Sarr as well who looks a very good defender.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Malang Sarr as well who looks a very good defender.
He's apparently going on loan to Leverkusen as part of the Havertz deal. Should be a great place for him.

Chief123

He's apparently going on loan to Leverkusen as part of the Havertz deal. Should be a great place for him.
I’m surprised they are sending him out on loan to be honest.

Silva is obviously a decent signing but still with an element of risk due to his age and faster league.

It would still mean Rudiger and Christensen would get a lot of game time I would imagine. I would have thought Sarr would be someone who is needed here and now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Gonzalo Higuain might be joining his brother in MLS at Inter Miami (his brother plays for DC United).

Translation:
- Total agreement between Inter Miami & Gonzalo Higuain
- Inter Miami offer him a million-dollar contract until December 2022 (end of next MLS season).
- Pipita [his nickname] had offers from England & Italy
- The only left to conclude is his departure from Juventus.

croadyman

Know this is a long way off yet but if you can only get one of Sancho/Upamecano in this window which one would it be?

The Red Thinker

Get a 120M RW or a 60M CB, I dont think its even a debate is it?
Yeah... but Sancho is a once in generation talent proven across seasons with a spotless injury record. Also he's 21 and English.

The world will always find good CBs and last season, the defence was one of the best in the league despite looking vulnerable at times. Better to buyout Upamecano next season when the price drops than with Sancho who may never sign for us again with mega rich clubs recovering their finances.

Andy_Cole

He isn’t and anyone saying this is talking complete bull. Can you imagine Thiago being the deepest midfielder in the Premier League? Can get away with it in the Bundesliga with that Bayern squad. He is a fantastic player but we don’t need him unless Pogba was sold. It would just be a vanity signing or simply to stop Liverpool. I would prefer the €30m and likely £250k plus a week to be spent on position we actually need like RW or striker.
Could we start playing Bruno as a forward?

Rashford Martial Bruno
Pogba Thiago VDB
Shaw Maguire Upamecano AWB
De Gae

Does this work?

Josep Dowling

Could we start playing Bruno as a forward?

Rashford Martial Bruno
Pogba Thiago VDB
Shaw Maguire Upamecano AWB
De Gae

Does this work?
I would say no personally. I’m not sure Bruno has ever played as a winger. I think we are most dangerous with pace on the wing, which isn’t Bruno’s best attribute. I also think defensively Thiago would get found out in the Premier League as the DM. Maybe I’m underestimating him defensively but the games I’ve seen he’s an all round midfielder, akin to Pogba, who floats between defence and attack.

With the current players we have it’s Greenwood on RW, midfield of Bruno or VdB, Pogba or Thiago, Matic or Fred.

Then it falls back to injuries. Our big weakness remains RW. Daniel James hasn’t shown enough to step up.

jeepers

Yeah... but Sancho is a once in generation talent proven across seasons with a spotless injury record. Also he's 21 and English.

The world will always find good CBs and last season, the defence was one of the best in the league despite looking vulnerable at times. Better to buyout Upamecano next season when the price drops than with Sancho who may never sign for us again with mega rich clubs recovering their finances.
You’re right.

Right wing has been and still is a big problem for us. We lucked out with Mason because he’s such a good player and has footballing maturity beyond his years, but we risk burning him out by not having adequate cover. With Sancho, we have a high chance of fixing this right wing problem for a long time (fingers crossed), which also affords Mason game time as he can play across the front three with no foreseeable issues.

Upamecano will, no doubt, have loads of suitors when his clause kicks in. However, there are a fair bit more young central defensive prospects whom are available. Just look at the generation of top young defenders that France has.

Whilst I’m not convinced with both Maguire and Lindelof, I think our right wing is in need of urgent fix, as compared to central defence.

Of course, the ideal scenario in the perfect world would be for us to buy Sancho this window, and somehow secure Upamecano when his clause kicks in. Pretty sure the latter would involve some illegal activity so very unlikely.

How did Liverpool deal with Naby Keita? I did not follow it too closely, but I have the impression that they triggered his release clause as well as an additional fee to buy him early?

I would say no personally. I’m not sure Bruno has ever played as a winger. I think we are most dangerous with pace on the wing, which isn’t Bruno’s best attribute. I also think defensively Thiago would get found out in the Premier League as the DM. Maybe I’m underestimating him defensively but the games I’ve seen he’s an all round midfielder, akin to Pogba, who floats between defence and attack.

With the current players we have it’s Greenwood on RW, midfield of Bruno or VdB, Pogba or Thiago, Matic or Fred.

Then it falls back to injuries. Our big weakness remains RW. Daniel James hasn’t shown enough to step up.
I think you are

Pep's Suit

Inter signing Kolarov and Vidal, Juve after Dzeko... Players on high wages who won't make them more competitive in Europe and will be replaced after two years anyway.

Lemansky

Inter signing Kolarov and Vidal, Juve after Dzeko... Players on high wages who won't make them more competitive in Europe and will be replaced after two years anyway.
Inter is the most wasteful team in years in the transfer market. Their model ain’t sustainable at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.