Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supposedly we are after 20m + bonuses, so unsurprising that the 12m hasn’t been replied to.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
12m.lol
I wonder what the price would be if we were trying to buy one of the better centre backs in Serie A last season. We shouldn't be letting him go for less than £25m (or at all unless replacing him in my opinion).

OleGunnar20

Even in a Corona market Smallings worth at least €20m.

I've always thought he'd be a improvement on Lindelof in the centre. Penaltybox handbags aside..

dr.twinny

We should tell Roma to get fecked and sound out Bruce if he'll be interested in a deal for Smalling starting at £20 mil.

Conor

Surely there are 5+ teams in the PL that would pay 20m for Smalling.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I wonder what the price would be if we were trying to buy one of the better centre backs in Serie A last season. We shouldn't be letting him go for less than £25m (or at all unless replacing him in my opinion).
Good luck finding someone stupid enough to pay that :lol:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Maybe true but neither will we replace him with better for £25m.
We're about to sell Javi Martinrz to Bilbao for around 10m €. There's enough "value in the market", you just might have to look outside of England

manuchamp88

Maybe true but neither will we replace him with better for £25m.
We don't need to replace him as such since he wouldn't be starting for us anyway (which he knows and is partly why he wants to leave). We need someone even better than Lindelöf to take his starting place. Not to mention we need to sell Rojo and Jones too.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We're about to sell Javi Martinrz to Bilbao for around 10m €. There's enough "value in the market", you just might have to look outside of England
Isn't he out of contract next summer? Like I say, if we were trying to buy a top performing centre back from serie A we'd be quoted well over £20m..

peridigm

feck roma
I'm all for selling Smalling but for that fee, we should keep him for cover. I'm sure a deal will be done though as the club don't want to keep a player that's been here as ling as he has if he really wants to leave and his value is so low.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Lautaro operation:
Barça offer 65 + a player.Inter demand at least 85.
Barça will give Vidal the free transfer as a gesture to negotiate

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Lots of bottom half English clubs would take him for 20m.

The problem would be convincing Smalling to go to such a club.
That’s it. Roma are lowballing United because Smalling told them he would only go there. On the other hand, if United chooses to keep Smalling, he would be happy as well.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
That’s it. Roma are lowballing United because Smalling told them he would only go there. On the other hand, if United chooses to keep Smalling, he would be happy as well.
It's a little disheartening for Smalling as he clearly wants to be there, but Roma throwing out derisory bids will surely make him feel unwanted?

alexthelion

Apparently, Tarkowski's not interested in joining West Ham.

Next season's going to be rough for them, isn't it?
Why would you make a bid if the player hasn't been asked whether he'd like the move? Seems a bit silly, to me.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It's a little disheartening for Smalling as he clearly wants to be there, but Roma throwing out derisory bids will surely make him feel unwanted?
In that case, he could force Roma’s hand by hinting he would accept a different destination. We will see. The point is, as usual with so many “cheap” transfers out there, clubs only make their move once they have an agreement (informal, if you like, but still an agreement in principle, until tenable) with the player.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Newcastle splashing the cash. 2020 is wild.
I mean they spent a pretty similar amount last year. Transfermarkt says 65 Million in (Krath, Joelinton, Maximin) and 32 Milion out (Perez and Joselu)

£20 million on Wilson and £15 Million on Lewis is roughly the same.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I mean they spent a pretty similar amount last year. Transfermarkt says 65 Million in (Krath, Joelinton, Maximin) and 32 Milion out (Perez and Joselu)

£20 million on Wilson and £15 Million on Lewis is roughly the same.
Wilson, Fraser and Lewis is good business for them. They need a decent cb though. I wonder who might have some spare ones with PL experience

stevoc

Jamal Lewis to Newcastle is pretty much set in stone now.
Newcastle on a bit of a spending spree, though probably not the level of players their fans thought they would be buying this summer.

Stretender

Wilson, Fraser and Lewis is good business for them. They need a decent cb though. I wonder who might have some spare ones with PL experience
Smalling. People on here have argued Newcastle is beneath him, Roma is good for him and all that. But Roma have shown through their bids they don't value or rate him at more than 12 million. Steve Bruce would pay 20 million for him. Hopefully he goes there because we desperately need to move on all our unwanted players this season. Problem is Phil Jones. How he got contracts over 8 years here is beyond me .

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I have an inkling that the club are trying their best to do the best thing by Smalling, and if that’s the case, I think it’s classy if they are respecting his wishes and trying to make the move happen for him.

I refuse to believe that there are not 4-5 sides in the PL who would pay 20 million for him tomorrow, probably more.

diarm

I'd say there's a bit of "we'll do you a solid here and you remember it next time we're sniffing around one of your young talents" about that deal.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Newcastle on a bit of a spending spree, though probably not the level of players their fans thought they would be buying this summer.
I think their fans will be very happy. There's nothing wrong with the level of players they've bought. The best players from clubs of a similar stature to them. Or at least a similar level. Makes far more sense than gross overspend on the likes of Joelinton.

Red00012

Roma can do one with their £12million, hopefully Brucey will come in with a £20 million bid he’d be a good signing for them

VanGaalyTime

feck off Roma, you penny pinchers

Can see the final deal at 15m + 5m add ons. Tuanzebe can replace him in the squad. We need cash for Sancho and I'm sure Roma are aware. Regullion will be done this week for 25 and we'll have completed our transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.