g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The 2 centrebacks next season will be McGuire and Linguard. Utd are not signing Verane unless Pogba goes the other way.

I think Utd's main problem are agents. They know Utd are desperate for success and they want TOP DOLLA.

COME ON SCOTLAND
WTF is this

Superden

I'll take winning trophies over the feelings of suits at OT any day of the week.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The 2 centrebacks next season will be McGuire and Linguard. Utd are not signing Verane unless Pogba goes the other way.

I think Utd's main problem are agents. They know Utd are desperate for success and they want TOP DOLLA.

COME ON SCOTLAND
Are you wrecked already?

gorky_utd

COME ON SCOTLAND
:confused: :lol: :lol:

Woodzy

COME ON SCOTLAND
This is definitely post of the year.

Suv666

COME ON SCOTLAND
Agreed.

COME ON SCOTLAND

sourdough satellite

COME ON SCOTLAND
:lol: :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

COME ON SCOTLAND
Maguire

MAGUIRE

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This has got to be the strangest manager hunt ever.

I've never seen anything like this in terms of how much detail we are getting, three people so far all falling at the last hurdle. If I was a Spurs fan I would be watching this with my head in my hands. As I'm not a Spurs fan, it's fecking hilarious, but it must be doing them so much damage at the moment.

Levy must be massively regretting letting Poch go now.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

I've never seen anything like this in terms of how much detail we are getting, three people so far all falling at the last hurdle. If I was a Spurs fan I would be watching this with my head in my hands. As I'm not a Spurs fan, it's fecking hilarious, but it must be doing them so much damage at the moment.

Basically they're too cheap for the decent managers but they think they deserve better than the likes of Gattuso.

Steve Bruce

He has said he has an inside source on transfers numerous times.
He has over 1m subscribers, its hardly beyond the realms of possibility he does know someone connected with the club.

Ole was in a press conference with a smug smile last year about either haaland or sancho (can't remember which ) where he obviously thought he was getting his man. It obviously didn't work out.

My point is, an insider could leak a truth & then it doesn't work out.

There's an agenda against him by some & in general fan channels. I don't get it, if people don't like it, don't watch.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Glazers will prefer Ramos because the initial lump sum is less. Here is a good "rule of thumb" for the Glazers....They prefer players that don't cost too much UP-FRONT. I think the Verane deal is highly unlikely.
Yes like that 80m up front fee we paid for Maguire. Oh so stingy. They leech the club AND pay shed tons on transfers. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Withnail

He has over 1m subscribers, its hardly beyond the realms of possibility he does know someone connected with the club.

Ole was in a press conference with a smug smile last year about either haaland or sancho (can't remember which ) where he obviously thought he was getting his man. It obviously didn't work out.

My point is, an insider could leak a truth & then it doesn't work out.

There's an agenda against him by some & in general fan channels. I don't get it, if people don't like it, don't watch.
We don't watch but people post nonsense he comes out with as if he's a source, not to mention that particular tweet was irrelevant to the thread.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Yes like that 80m up front fee we paid for Maguire. Oh so stingy. They leech the club AND pay shed tons on transfers. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
Glazers never paid 80m for Maguire. They got another loan. The Glazers don't spend their own money on Utd.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

COME ON SCOTLAND
This genuinely made me laugh out loud at my desk. :lol:

possibly the best post on this thread!!

justsomebloke

I’m well aware of our transfer system, as you have said, it’s well-publicised and very clear. However, that’s also what the club wants everyone to know. Is it a true representation of how our transfer system works? I’ve no idea.

Pep plays a different system altogether. City usually dominate possession as well in most of their games, although they are susceptible to the counter. This season their fullbacks, instead of overlapping on the flanks, have come into midfield alongside Rodri/Fernandinho who is City’s deepest midfielder. So there is this line of 2 fullbacks and 1 DM before the 2 CBs - this has contributed to them conceding less goals this season and also enabled them to win the ball back far quicker.

Perhaps I should be more specific, Maguire isn’t suitable for the high line that Ole plays.

I’m okay with giving VdB one more season. Of course it takes two hands to clap, Donny hasn’t taken his chances well enough. However, Ole doesn’t seem to know how best to use Donny or which midfield role to use him in. Granted, we had no pre-season.

That’s why I question the club’s decision to pursue a CB this window. I think a DM is fair more important in shielding our defence and also allowing the attacking players more freedom. I’m also tired of watching McFred. They are decent players but I don’t think they complement each other and therefore shouldn’t play together.
I doubt OGS would have been publicly clear that he has a veto on all transfers unless that is actually the case. If so, he would unwisely undermine his own position, and in effect make himself a hostage of processes over which he has no control. Possible, but in my opinion very unlikely.

On the other issues. I think you have valid points, but that's all become so interconnected now that you can't answer one question without raising another. You argue that the most pressing concern now should be central midfield, not central defence. I tend on the whole to agree with that, it seems intuitively right at least.

However, what exactly is the problem we need to solve in midfield? Is the intention that Pogba should play in the pivot? If so, then you can argue that the pressing need is for a holding midfielder with defensive qualities sufficient to cover the back and compensate for Pogbas shortcomings in that area, freeing him to contribute more on the attack. Or is the intention to play Pogba in the forward line? If so, then we are in effect looking for a better partner for Fred than McTominay is, which means a sitter with a different mix of qualities - in particular, someone who can contribute more in build-up play and creatively. Then there's the uncertainty over whether Pogba will stay at all, and over what DvdBs role is going to be.

All of which leads me back to the view that it's probably just as well to upgrade at CB in any case. :)

Steve Bruce

We don't watch but people post nonsense he comes out with as if he's a source, not to mention that particular tweet was irrelevant to the thread.
Just like you, me & every other fan of football, we sometimes talk sense & nonsense, he's no better or worse than any of us.

However i do agree, the tweet was irrelevant to this thread

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wasn't it UK law rather than EU law which was causing the problem in the first place?
Yes. EU clubs don't have a lot of restrictions, some have limits to non-EU registration, but those are rules from the particular domestic leagues as well. All that stuff about caps and continental appearances or whatever is purely down to British rules/work permits. I also doubt that an English club is going to focus their recruitment on South America. Moving kids halfway across the globe and into a completely different culture is no small risk, in most cases it's much more reasonable to just sign some French kid.

Last edited:

justsomebloke

Wasn't it UK law rather than EU law which was causing the problem in the first place?
This also makes no immediate sense to me, but there might be european rules limiting the signing of non-EU players that now no longer apply. Although you'd think the immigration rules the UK have put instead in place would not result in a more liberal practice. But it's possible I guess.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
This also makes no immediate sense to me, but there might be european rules limiting the signing of non-EU players that now no longer apply. Although you'd think the immigration rules the UK have put instead in place would not result in a more liberal practice. But it's possible I guess.
I think it’s because the work permits system has also changed since Brexit.That’s what’s allowing this. It’s that the work permit laws have had to change because of brexit.

Dazzmondo

Jesus fecking hell, Leicester are going to be lethal next season.
With Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka and Edouard

Anything on Varane ? heard there were updates on him
Fabrizio confirmed in a reply to another tweet that they wouldn't be going after Edouard now. It sounds like Daka was their 1st choice and Edouard was the backup in case they couldn't get it completed, which makes more sense to me than getting both.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

COME ON SCOTLAND
:lol: :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Think he realised that now. What a farce that club is

justsomebloke

I think it’s because the work permits system has also changed since Brexit.That’s what’s allowing this. It’s that the work permit laws have had to change because of brexit.
Yes, but it's a bit of a surprise if that has resulted in more lenient rules for signing young unproven players from South America. The whole work permit system is points based, and from what I've seen of it it imposes some very stringent demands for applicants, including having played a certain proportion of national team games. In fact, it was being presented as something that would force PL clubs to put a bigger emphasis on developing domestic players.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes, but it's a bit of a surprise if that has resulted in more lenient rules for signing young unproven players from South America. The whole work permit system is points based, and from what I've seen of it it imposes some very stringent demands for applicants, including having played a certain proportion of national team games. In fact, it was being presented as something that would force PL clubs to put a bigger emphasis on developing domestic players.
Well that just makes it more likely that clubs will now be focusing on bringing in young players from South America. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.