Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This also makes no immediate sense to me, but there might be european rules limiting the signing of non-EU players that now no longer apply. Although you'd think the immigration rules the UK have put instead in place would not result in a more liberal practice. But it's possible I guess.
When U.K. were still part of Europe they had relaxed workers rules including footballers, so you could sign anyone from the EU. That was down to U.K. immigration laws. Despite being part of the EU they still controlled who and to what extent came into the country.
now they have very strict policy on EU nationals to get a work visa so it is near impossible to sign a promising kid. Which will mean that you will have to wait for them to get international caps Etc. And increase in price.,
On the flip side they’ve relaxed the rules on non-EU nationals to make up the shortfall in the workforce, including South American footballers. So we might see a few more use the U.K. as their stepping stone to playing in Spain which is what a fair percentage of them aspire to.
It’s not all as rosy as Scott Sellars makes out. It was a legitimate concern by the PL during brexit

Kaizane

The 2 centrebacks next season will be McGuire and Linguard. Utd are not signing Verane unless Pogba goes the other way.

I think Utd's main problem are agents. They know Utd are desperate for success and they want TOP DOLLA.

COME ON SCOTLAND
Stay off the brekkie bucky, kids.

Woodzy

Still cant stop laughing at that post.

I think it’s the ‘COME ON SCOTLAND’ at the end that tips me over the edge

Infra-red

Varane would be an unbelievable signing. Him, Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Shaw would be a strong enough defensive foundation to give us more confidence and freedom going forward. Too good to be true though.
We'd also need a midfielder who can pass the ball and defend (we currently don't have any).

Varane would be an important piece of the puzzle though and a big step in the direction of us not being horrible at defending set pieces anymore.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes. EU clubs don't have a lot of restrictions, some have limits to non-EU registration, but those are rules from the particular domestic leagues as well. All that stuff about caps and continental appearances or whatever is purely down to British rules/work permits. I also doubt that an English club is going to focus their recruitment on South America. Moving kids halfway across the globe and into a completely different culture is no small risk, in most cases it's much more reasonable to just sign some French kid.
Under FIFA rules they can't sign minors from other continents anyways

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How can they afford him with Covid and all? He'll probably cost like €20m.

It will also be interesting to see what Mislintat will do with all that money.
Billionaire owner and no FFP to worry about

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Unfortunately there will be no clubs in for Pogba this summer as they can pick him up for nothing in less than a year. The club should really push a Pogba Varane swap right now.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Unfortunately there will be no clubs in for Pogba this summer as they can pick him up for nothing in less than a year. The club should really push a Pogba Varane swap right now.
I reckon the Madrid interest in Pogba was coming from Zidane. I doubt the rest of their top brass is that interested.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I reckon the Madrid interest in Pogba was coming from Zidane. I doubt the rest of their top brass is that interested.
If he keeps performing at the euros as he did vs Germany, I think there is every chance that Madrid come in for him. Feels like they need a big signing to restore some feel good factor

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Still cant stop laughing at that post.

I think it’s the ‘COME ON SCOTLAND’ at the end that tips me over the edge
Bz you're nervous. I am feeling confident. It is about time we gave you lot a good Scottish shafting.

What a whiney prick.

We rightfully didn’t pay 120m for Sancho last year, we progressed in the league, on points and in the cups, and now we’re hopefully buying a long term target rather than scattergunning it LVG style when Dortmund didn’t drop their demands last year.
So yeah it’s fecking progress you whiney cnut by every fecking metric you can find, progress in how we have done on the pitch and progress in how we have long term targets and planning for the first time since SAF.

Red_toad

Thank you for the insight, I wonder where you got that gem of insider information from? Oddly Barca, PSG and Juve are all being speculated as being after him this summer, as if they wait they'll end up paying that prick of an agent a fat fee instead of United.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Thank you for the insight, I wonder where you got that gem of insider information from? Oddly Barca, PSG and Juve are all being speculated as being after him this summer, as if they wait they'll end up paying that prick of an agent a fat fee instead of United.
Last year of contract though we will get more value out of a swap

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Barcelona and PSG - two clubs on a free transfer frenzy this summer?

Juventus, arguably the best operators in the free transfer market too?

Not so sure...

cyberman

He has over 1m subscribers, its hardly beyond the realms of possibility he does know someone connected with the club.

Ole was in a press conference with a smug smile last year about either haaland or sancho (can't remember which ) where he obviously thought he was getting his man. It obviously didn't work out.

My point is, an insider could leak a truth & then it doesn't work out.

There's an agenda against him by some & in general fan channels. I don't get it, if people don't like it, don't watch.
But hes always wrong. He knows nothing. All these channels pretend to have access to an ITK yet break feck all. Again, he literally pretended yo be an ITK in the past. He's a proven liar. He didnt just pretend to be an ITK at 1m subs, its been the entire time.

El Zoido

Do you want Bailly or Lindelof? Take either of them as a gesture of our goodwill.
Lindelof would be a lot better suited to La Liga. He’s not a bad player but can’t handle getting roughed up in the PL.

Drizzle

What a whiney prick.

We rightfully didn’t pay 120m for Sancho last year, we progressed in the league, on points and in the cups, and now we’re hopefully buying a long term target rather than scattergunning it LVG style when Dortmund didn’t drop their demands last year.
So yeah it’s fecking progress you whiney cnut by every fecking metric you can find, progress in how we have done on the pitch and progress in how we have long term targets and planning for the first time since SAF.
Got it. So everything's going great and the club's board have done a great job over the last 12 months.

Out of interest, did you back the protests?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lindelof would be a lot better suited to La Liga. He’s not a bad player but can’t handle getting roughed up in the PL.
It always surprises me when I realise he's actually 6ft 2.
Certainly doesn't play like it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What a whiney prick.

Exactly. Even the moaniest idiot can see that saving potentially 40m through waiting a season isn't anything apart from exceptionally wise.

"Oh it's not our money" the usual idiots say, refusing to understand that 40m extra on a fee means 40m less on other fees.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They just signed Genie. Have Verratti as well. Then they have Parades who has had a good year. I dont think he would be a good fit with Neymar and Mbappe who doesn't defend.
But if Mbappe leaves for free next year, they might see him as a statement signing

Steve Bruce

But hes always wrong. He knows nothing. All these channels pretend to have access to an ITK yet break feck all. Again, he literally pretended yo be an ITK in the past. He's a proven liar. He didnt just pretend to be an ITK at 1m subs, its been the entire time.
I've watched several shows & he has made it clear that he is reading news from media, twitter etc. He gives his opinion just like you or I. So when you say he's always wrong, it's the media & online outlets/SM is where he gets his stories from & talks about.

He does on occasion say he talks to someone, but generally the 'info' is an opinion on transfer rumours that's in the public domain.

We can go round & round on this, everyone can make their own mind up

MichaelRed

Exactly. Even the moaniest idiot can see that saving potentially 40m through waiting a season isn't anything apart from exceptionally wise.

"Oh it's not our money" the usual idiots say, refusing to understand that 40m extra on a fee means 40m less on other fees.
Sure, if you want to pretend that the price has come down by 40m. Last season it was supposedly £108m & this season £90m. So it's looking like we'll save £18m, most of which we probably needlessly spent on Facundo Pellistri. Idk why Glazer apologists exist but hey, carry on if failure is good enough for you.

laughtersassassin

What a whiney prick.

But it's not as black and white as that.

Yes spending 120 mil on Sancho was probably not the right option.

But where the club messed up is not reallocating that money into a starting DM or CB. Both of which where needed last year and this year.

If you fail at your main target and you want to wait and get him next year you should be then planning ahead and bringing up a signing that you had planned to do in a year's time.

Last summer was poor and left us with too much to do this summer.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
But it's not as black and white as that.

Yes spending 120 mil on Sancho was probably not the right option.

But where the club messed up is not reallocating that money into a starting DM or CB. Both of which where needed last year and this year.

If you fail at your main target and you want to wait and get him next year you should be then planning ahead and bringing up a signing that you had planned to do in a year's time.

Last summer was poor and left us with too much to do this summer.
I think it’s pretty black and white that you can’t moan about club debt increasing 12 months after a global pandemic wiped 140m off the books AND simultaneously moan about not spending 120m on a single player at the height of that pandemic when TV revenue and sponsorship deals were very much in the balance alongside the loss of match day revenue. He’s being a whiny child who doesn’t understand the real world because he wants clicks clicks clicks. The issue for me is we signed DVB for 40m which could have been used elsewhere - that has nothing to do with his tweet though.

laughtersassassin

I think it’s pretty black and white that you can’t moan about club debt increasing 12 months after a global pandemic wiped 140m off the books AND simultaneously moan about not spending 120m on a single player at the height of that pandemic when TV revenue and sponsorship deals were very much in the balance alongside the loss of match day revenue. He’s being a whiny child who doesn’t understand the real world because he wants clicks clicks clicks. The issue for me is we signed DVB for 40m which could have been used elsewhere - that has nothing to do with his tweet though.

But the debt is due to the parasitic owners.....

Again where does he say we should have signed Sancho? He doesn't. The issue is we wasted the window.

Club pretended it was Sancho or nothing. But that's not the case

Seem they convinced you as well as many other fans....

Glazers get ran easy ride from too many.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Please let All or Nothing still be filming the Spurs through this summer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.