Trent can’t defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was bullied by a much stronger player there. Fantastic header.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He can’t play in midfield. I think Klopp’s take on it is that you just live with his mistakes, for every 2 or 3 he messes up on he creates about 5 or 6. Not for me personally but I guess in modern football thats acceptable.
He could definitely play as wide midfield option I think. His delivery is too good not to find good positions and be able to adapt.

Good teams clearly target him. It lost them a final and Mitrovic has clearly taken advantage of it today. He obviously has ability, but yeah, it’s not for me either. It will always cost them at crucial moments.

Pickle85

Gets worse on each replay. Looks like he didn't even know he was there.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Attacking fullback not defending as well as Maldini isn’t that big a deal. He offers loads more going forward and is vital to how they play. Our fullbacks can’t defend or attack. Could only dream of us having a fullback who could cross and actually provide a threat.

CM

It was a weak challenge but it was also a very good cross and a very good header from a strong player.

Normally I'd agree, he's not particularly robust, but I think most full-backs would have a tough time with that one.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Nothing he could do about that goal.
Disagree totally, he meanders along behind one of their players, doesn’t know about Mitrovic until the very last moment, is caught under the ball and easily beaten to it.

His positioning and his reading of the game are both very poor, in my opinion.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
TAA is very flawed defensively but in that particular situation Mitrovic is beating most fullbacks in the league more often than not.

And on the broader point, given that at 23 he's already been Liverpool's main creative force in PL and CL winning seasons in which they had the best defence in the country, I don't think there's any question as to whether he justifies carrying his flaws at fullback.

Last edited:

BarcaSpurs

According to this regression line he wins the same amount of aeriel duels as you would expect of someone who is 1.5m tall (midget).

BerryBerryShrew

It's something to improve on but he did create Salah's goal so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

DevilRed

Man needs to hit the fecking gym and work on his presence as a defender.

Would make him the best in the world if he actually looked to make that improvement.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well I’d still take him in a heartbeatч

NewYorkRed

He could definitely play as wide midfield option I think. His delivery is too good not to find good positions and be able to adapt.

Good teams clearly target him. It lost them a final and Mitrovic has clearly taken advantage of it today. He obviously has ability, but yeah, it’s not for me either. It will always cost them at crucial moments.
He can’t create space for himself enough. As an attacking RB he’s not marked as tightly. As a wide midfielder he would. He would get not space to put those balls in

NoPace

He can’t play in midfield. I think Klopp’s take on it is that you just live with his mistakes, for every 2 or 3 he messes up on he creates about 5 or 6. Not for me personally but I guess in modern football thats acceptable.
I think he can because he and Henderson switch spots often enough on the right between fullback and midfield when they have a ton of possession, which is most games. They'd need the correct new RB to make it work, but it would give them a midfielder who can create something, which they obviously lack.

arthurka

He has a great foot on him but he isn't a defender. His pros outweigh his cons, well that's for Klopp to figure out. Mitrovic is winning this header 10/10 .

Edwards6

Don't know why people are surprised when he's poor defensively, it's always been laughable when there's talk about him being the best RB in the world
He's Beckham at right back
Beckham with half the talent and work rate maybe

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Reece James clear - this is him winning a header vs 6'7" Dan Burn so badly Burn broke his collarbone contesting because he jumped up into Reece.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He’s absolutely woeful defensively. If he didn’t have the attacking ability he would never have played a single game above league two level.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's just so lazy at defending. It's like he knows because he's so good on the ball it doesn't matter if he half asses his defending. Weird.

OverratedOpinion

Not the tone of the thread but he really is a gorgeous passer of the ball. Why they haven't switched him to midfield permanently doesn't make sense to me.

Lecland07

To be fair, he is pretty exposed. Salah gives no help in defending. Their midfielders are pensioners and cannot give the output they used to. Van Dijk seems to have deteriorated. Gomes is not very good.

A lot of the times, now, it almost end up 2 on 1 against him.

World class player, but they need to really upgrade other areas, now.

Jev

Would rather have him than our right-backs, though. Better passer of the ball than any United player bar maybe Eriksen. His attacking qualities more than makes up for his defensive faults.

Ekeke

Would rather have him than our right-backs, though. Better passer than any United player bar maybe Eriksen. His offensive qualities more than makes up for his defensive faults.
They didnt though did they. Liverpool just lost with him being a big weakness defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.