Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Wow! He's going to be apoplectic with this shit! Nobody goes after his wife, I mean daughter.
The only other person he really seems to care about. Don’t think mueller would touch Ivanka unless he’s absolutely sure he gathered enough prove and is pretty close to finishing the investigation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Wow! He's going to be apoplectic with this shit! Nobody goes after his wife, I mean daughter.
I sincerely hope Mueller is saving enough for state level charges in case he gets fired. Eyevanka would then still be exposed for someone like Schneiderman to look into.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is there an unbiased assessment of what they say McCabe did to get fired?
I’ve been trying to find one and can’t which says a lot. As I said earlier, all I can find is reports of unspecified corruption and mainstream media refusing to report it which in this current climate it’s easy to induce that it’s smoke and mirrors.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Wonder what bad news Trump has been told now?
I don’t think it’s anything new, they’re just working overtime on the agreed narrative in preparation for Muellers sacking.

I’ve said it a few times on here but I actually can’t wait for the sacking to come. It’s going to unleash a chain of events that will hit Trump so farking hard he won’t know what’s hit him.

I think Mueller starting to work the Trump corporation is as a good a sign as any that he’s nearly done. He’s digging into bonus territory now, he knows it’ll likely lead to him getting fired and when he does I expect a vast array of indictions to be unsealed and all he’ll to break loose.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was just reading the very same thing. As of last night Facebook have suspended Analytica's account too and dropped all advertising related to them. This shit is getting more and more distasteful by the day. This last week has been insane, even by Trumps standards.

There is now a feeling that It's all starring to unravel though.
I thought it was open knowledge this is what Cambridge Analytics do? Like it is they whole business model, advertised on their website. They did the same thing while working for the leave campaign in Britain. As shady as it is, why on earth would Facebook only now accept it as wrong?
A little info on CA:

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
I just have an awful feeling Trump will ride this storm and still be POTUS after the investigation is well and truly over. I just can't see the GOP house and Senate doing very much about anything at the end of the day.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I just have an awful feeling Trump will ride this storm and still be POTUS after the investigation is well and truly over. I just can't see the GOP house and Senate doing very much about anything at the end of the day.
Hopefully it won’t be a GOP house and Senate come November

Hitchez

I don’t think it’s anything new, they’re just working overtime on the agreed narrative in preparation for Muellers sacking.

I’ve said it a few times on here but I actually can’t wait for the sacking to come. It’s going to unleash a chain of events that will hit Trump so farking hard he won’t know what’s hit him.

I think Mueller starting to work the Trump corporation is as a good a sign as any that he’s nearly done. He’s digging into bonus territory now, he knows it’ll likely lead to him getting fired and when he does I expect a vast array of indictions to be unsealed and all he’ll to break loose.
People keep saying this but nothing ever happens to him. Any ordinary politician would have been in jail long ago but this turd keeps floating on. They'll find a way to brush this off again with the help of the spineless republicans.

SirAF

Ageist
People keep saying this but nothing ever happens to him. Any ordinary politician would have been in jail long ago but this turd keeps floating on. They'll find a way to brush this off again with the help of the spineless republicans.
It's amazing, isn't it? Just extraordinary - the Comey firing alone should have seen him leave office.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
You can’t throw someone in jail before you’ve even finished the investigation.

Hitchez

You can’t throw someone in jail before you’ve even finished the investigation.
I'm not even talking about the Russia link. He could have been jailed for any number of things (Trump University for instance). Nothing sticks to him.

But yes, you're right. You have to go through the due process even if its plainly obvious that the man is bent as feck. Just frustrating that in the meantime he's just fecking up the world to satisfy his ego.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I’m not talking about being held accountable by the House or Senate and counting on GOP to impeach him.

I’m saying that if Mueller was fired and the investigation shut down, the first thing that would happen is a bit of a waiting game, the FBI will gauge the reaction and establish whether anyone will show enough spine to reinstate him outside of the jurisdiction of the executive branch.

If that wasn’t the case, the investigation will be concluded, loose ends tied up and all evidence that has been collected will be used to file charges that up until now have been held back in the interest of continuing the investigation for as long as possible to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

The idea that firing Mueller will shut everything down, bury it away and destroy all evidence is borderline comical. I’ve got no doubt Mueller has got enough evidence to bring criminal charges to Donald, the creatures he spawned and his numerous satellites.

If that’s the case and charges are filled and mountains of evidence submitted, all it will do is lead to other investigations opening as they will have no choice but to follow protocol, especially if the majority of those are brought at state level.

Imagine they try shutting down 10/15/20/30/50+ other cases with evidence released to the public domain. There would be riots.

Hitchez

I’m not talking about being held accountable by the House or Senate and counting on GOP to impeach him.

I’m saying that if Mueller was fired and the investigation shut down, the first thing that would happen is a bit of a waiting game, the FBI will gauge the reaction and establish whether anyone will show enough spine to reinstate him outside of the jurisdiction of the executive branch.

If that wasn’t the case, the investigation will be concluded, loose ends tied up and all evidence that has been collected will be used to file charges that up until now have been held back in the interest of continuing the investigation for as long as possible to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

The idea that firing Mueller will shut everything down, bury it away and destroy all evidence is borderline comical. I’ve got no doubt Mueller has got enough evidence to bring criminal charges to Donald, the creatures he spawned and his numerous satellites.

If that’s the case and charges are filled and mountains of evidence submitted, all it will do is lead to other investigations opening as they will have no choice but to follow protocol, especially if the majority of those are brought at state level.

Imagine they try shutting down 10/15/20/30/50+ other cases with evidence released to the public domain. There would be riots.
I hope you're right. I really do. There does seem to be more substance to this investigation so I still retain some hope.

My worry is he sacks Mueller, there's a big hue and cry about it.....and then it all goes away. The Russia thing just does not go away so it may be that this truly sticks to him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
This hipster is trying too hard to pull a Snowden.
Yeah, it's hardly surprising given what we know about Cambridge Analytica. Lots of bluster.

Using social media data to build personality profiles and send targeted messages based on those profiles has been done at scale for years. The fact it was used in political messaging makes it seem more nefarious, but the kind of "regulated" political messaging that exists in all other media is obscene as it is. The theory underpinning the political messaging is the same across all media - social media is just a new iteration of it, not a new dimension like lots of people associated with Cambridge Analytica claimed at one point or another.

The only difference with social media is that it's more "targeted", but there's not a whole lot of evidence that this is actually more effective. And there's lots of questions about the validity of using social media likes and comments to build out a remotely useful picture of a person. The vast majority of people don't use social media in a way that tells people much about their values and their emotional triggers in a political context. It's a lot of guesstimating. We do a lot of the same guesstimating in my office. So this story about a "powerful software program to predict and influence choices at the ballot box" isn't much of a story, because everyone's doing it and most of it doesn't do what it claims to.

The real story is about your man Kogan sharing the data to a 3rd party, violating Facebook's privacy regulations and possibly breaking the law. The fact he's got Russian links does seem like quite an incredible coincidence...

Kogan, who has previously unreported links to a Russian university and took Russian grants for research, had a licence from Facebook to collect profile data, but it was for research purposes only. So when he hoovered up information for the commercial venture, he was violating the company’s terms. Kogan maintains everything he did was legal, and says he had a “close working relationship” with Facebook, which had granted him permission for his apps.
It's definitely a concern how little Facebook care about ensuring their data is used according to their regulations. But the power of that data is grossly exaggerated at this stage.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Just stumbled upon this website designed by Michael Kosinski, who supposedly provided the theoretical foundations for linking social media data and personality info. I input my facebook data and they were about a decade off in guessing my age, and it determined my Jungian personality type was "Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving". While a questionnaire from the same academic institution determined I was "Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging". So I'm not all that convinced of its supposed predictive power which all of the subsequent analysis that supposedly influenced choices at the ballot box was based on...

nimic

something nice
Scout
Just stumbled upon this website designed by Michael Kosinski, who supposedly provided the theoretical foundations for linking social media data and personality info. I input my facebook data and they were about a decade off in guessing my age, and it determined my Jungian personality type was "Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving". While a questionnaire from the same academic institution determined I was "Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging". So I'm not all that convinced of its supposed predictive power which all of the subsequent analysis that supposedly influenced choices at the ballot box was based on...
Hang on... since when have you been back?

Were you ever gone?

Is this the Matrix?