Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

kidbob

FFS please find enough evidence to screw Trump without needing to pardon that piece of shit Manafort.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Sometimes I think it's Trump himself leaking most of this stuff.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I'm more astonished that 3 people that are close to this discussion with Trump can leak and still be un named sources.

It's like trump is running a comedy club legal team
He does apparently have a habit of ringing lots of people late at night to talk about all sorts of idea and shit that’s happening. Hardly surprising they then leak.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Considering there is only one place Assange could have been at that point, it will be very easy for Mueller to confirm if Stone visited him and if he did, they’ll have him for purjery.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Considering there is only one place Assange could have been at that point, it will be very easy for Mueller to confirm if Stone visited him and if he did, they’ll have him for purjery.
Yes, it sounds like the have him, Assange, and Farage within their bullseye now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The more this investigation continues, the more obvious it is why so many Republican's are interested in getting it shut down. The lack of a fixed scope has seen this investigation head in some very interesting directions.

There seems to be this sentiment that "everyone has done some dodgy deals in the past and it's not right that they should all be dragged up"

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
The more this investigation continues, the more obvious it is why so many Republican's are interested in getting it shut down. The lack of a fixed scope has seen this investigation head in some very interesting directions.

There seems to be this sentiment that "everyone has done some dodgy deals in the past and it's not right that they should all be dragged up"
The investigation really has to continue. I think it's very important for democracy in general that all these high profile politicians are exposed for what they really are and prosecuted accordingly. That the investigation is now implicating foreigners as well makes me think it could go on virtually forever as the likes of Farage and Assange will no doubt have connections in, say, the UK who'll further implicate other people from there and so on. Other countries should follow suit if at all possible.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Also shows that Mueller is playing by the book and seeking permission from Rosenstein each time the investigation expands into a new area.

ChaddyP

Also shows that Mueller is playing by the book and seeking permission from Rosenstein each time the investigation expands into a new area.
And you know, for me, the original released mandate should and would have already put Manafort under his scope . This is just extra proof . What's intriguing is the memo has some extremely heavy redaction. Makes me wonder who else and what else was pin pointed in the probe.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
“not currently”....
Is that legal code for he might be in future, or is unlikely to be?
I sense that Mueller is watering down his language to make it appear as though Trump is less of a focus, so as to not get fired, which will buy him some time to proceed according to what he is actually investigating.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Guess they’re getting what they ask for when they say “drain the swamp”.