Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Like many authoritarian types, Trump instills a culture of sycophancy and then despises those who become sycophants; recently, he's complained about people 'only telling him what he wants to hear'.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Even the most brilliant lawyers in the world - how do you come late into an investigation this complex and in-depth and get up to speed? It's absolute madness, as expected.
But he’s said publicly now that getting up to speed is just a lawyer trick for rinsing him for money, so why wouldn’t a respectable lawyer want to take that on?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's deliberately tapping into the near-universal disdain for lawyers.

Javi

What would the job description be for a lawyer in the Trump Russia story? Are they trying to build a defense for every possible thing Mueller could be into, like a parallel investigation? Or just reacting to confirmed Mueller events like people testifying? Or preparing Trump for a questionaire?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Is that a rumour/urban myth or there is some clause we can see in the Omnibus?
Well it's been widely reported around the net but it is no myth that he didn't read the bill as he admitted it himself. It's also telling that he has not mentioned the expelling of the Russians yet and it is also telling that he has not publically condemned Russia or Putin for the attack nor has he sent any message of support to Theresa May or the UK. But he did Tweet about phoning Putin to congratulate him on his election win. So although unconfirmed, I think It's a fair bet to be true.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Well it's been widely reported around the net but it is no myth that he didn't read the bill as he admitted it himself. It's also telling that he has not mentioned the expelling of the Russians yet and it is also telling that he has not publically condemned Russia or Putin for the attack nor has he sent any message of support to Theresa May or the UK. But he did Tweet about phoning Putin to congratulate him on his election win. So although unconfirmed, I think It's a fair bet to be true.
The litmus test is whether he tweets this out n takes credit for it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm surprised he hasn't been offered an important position by Trump. Considering he is already hiring all the FOX "News" staff I wouldn't even be surprised if he did. Too bad he can't fire Mike Pence, vice president is surely something Hannity would be interested in. :lol:
He's already in an important position as Propadandist in Chief of State Television

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

:eek:
I wonder how much of this is significant and not just six degrees of separation stuff in the eyes of a legal system. Manafort has for ages worked in Ukraine so the likelihood that one of his associates would have Russian background is not the least bit surprising. Once again its hard to pin malicious intent here unless they have more suggesting that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People think because Mueller's team aren't leaking anything, they have no evidence.
The news cycle appears to be several months behind actual events.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The implications of the tweet are pretty diabolical. If true, Mueller has a lot on Manafort to get him to flip since Gates was his deputy and the two likely communicated frequently about everything.

All Mueller would have to do in this case is build a nexus between the GRU ---> Gates <---> Manafort <---> Trump, just as he would have to do the same through Stone's relationship with Guccifer on behalf of Trump.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Wow it really is looking bad for Trump now. If he really is ignorant he was getting played by everyone around him and was completely ignorant to all of it. I can't see that being a plausible defence.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Wow it really is looking bad for Trump now. If he really is ignorant he was getting played by everyone around him and was completely ignorant to all of it. I can't see that being a plausible defence.
And yet it still sounds fairly plausible.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
And yet it still sounds fairly plausible.

That Trump is a moron puppet for more evil, calculating men? That's certainly plausible. Look at all that's being done behind the scenes while Prez Spanky conducts his reality show for the cameras.