Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

ChaddyP

Nah... apparently trump isn't a criminal target in the case
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/03/politics/donald-trump-russia-mueller/index.html
He's gonna walk away with a big bump in the polls and he's gonna win the next election... then ivanka takes over... just accept the inevitable trumptacular future

He's the subject of investigation aka he's under investigation. That's a big fecking deal. He's not yet a target as he's not being indicted next week obviously. As soon as they have enough evidence to indict then he will move to being a target

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's the subject of investigation aka he's under investigation. That's a big fecking deal. He's not yet a target as he's not being indicted next week obviously. As soon as they have enough evidence to indict then he will move to being a target
Aye, it's semantics really and nothing more. It's a very professional way for Mueller to tell Trump via his lawyers "This is not a witch hunt". The investigation is not setup or being operated to investigate Trump and it never has been. If it had been, the focus would have been entirely on Trump. As it is, Trump is coming under scrutiny because he's a significant actor in the broader scenario.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
In addition to that ^^^^ , I think Mueller has been very clever here. I think he knows Trump is likely to latch on to this and use it to claim his innocence and say something like: "TRUMP NOT A CRIMINAL TARGET. PROOF I'M NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION! " ect ect

If he does this it will play into Muller's hands as it will be him admitting publicly that it's not a witch hunt and he will have no excuse to pull the plug.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In addition to that ^^^^ , I think Mueller has been very clever here. I think he knows Trump is likely to latch on to this and use it to claim his innocence and say something like: "TRUMP NOT A CRIMINAL TARGET. PROOF I'M NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION! " ect ect

If he does this it will play into Muller's hands as it will be him admitting publicly that it's not a witch hunt and he will have no excuse to pull the plug.
I thought Trump may triumphantly tweet about this today.

ChaddyP

I thought Trump may triumphantly tweet about this today.
His lawyers must have made it known to him that it means he's under investigation. I would more be expecting some lashing out (which he has been for the last couple weeks as he learned about this 2 weeks ago)

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If Stone had dinner with Assange it would have had to have been at the embassy, yes? If so then wouldn't MI5 have surveillance of that?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If Stone had dinner with Assange it would have had to have been at the embassy, yes? If so then wouldn't MI5 have surveillance of that?
If not I wonder what the laws are on the sovereign nation the embassy is in overriding the fact that embassies count as foreign land and waltzing on in there with a warrant.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Can’t remember where I read it but an article over the last few days suggested that Assange can be snuck out the embassy. I can’t remember if they suggested our government was aware or not though.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I've always wondered if Mueller is being guided to delay any results until almost the end of Trump's presidency. Obviously I think Trump is one of largest mistakes in human history, but Trump would never step down even if found guilty of a crime at this stage. He'd have Fox news feed his base some more utter lies, possibly even rile them up against the entire system. It could literally melt down the US system of governing, because Paul Ryan's chronic lack of a spine means that Congress will never act.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I've always wondered if Mueller is being guided to delay any results until almost the end of Trump's presidency. Obviously I think Trump is one of largest mistakes in human history, but Trump would never step down even if found guilty of a crime at this stage. He'd have Fox news feed his base some more utter lies, possibly even rile them up against the entire system. It could literally melt down the US system of governing, because Paul Ryan's chronic lack of a spine means that Congress will never act.

I think a man of such character as Mueller despises Trump and the toads that surround him. I think he'd love to nail him and expose any Russian meddling and domestic corruption in order to prevent such an odious sleaze from ever becoming POTUS again.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If he could submit the initial report on 28th October, that'd be grand.

matherto

It's a dangerous game to play that though isn't it? What if he gets a second term?

I don't think Mueller is being directed by anyone but himself but then again, that's only a gut feeling based on not a lot of evidence.

Fully Fledged

I think they need to target the kids especially Ivanka. If it's Ivanka goes to jail or you step down he will be gone.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Shouldn't come as any surprise, considering his views

According to Magerman’s suit, Mercer told him in a January 2017 phone call that the “United States began to go in the wrong direction after the passage of the Civil Rights Act in the 1960s.” Mercer said, according to Magerman’s account, that “African-Americans were doing fine” before the Civil Rights Act, which “infantilized” them. Magerman says Mercer told him that “the only remaining racist people in the United States were black.” Although Mercer said he does not believe any whites are racist, if they were it “is not something the government should be concerned with.” Magerman says he responded that, prior to the Civil Rights Act, “African Americans were required to use separate and inferior schools, water fountains and other everyday services and items.” Mercer said, according to Magerman, that these issues “were not important.”

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
What a load of fascist garbage.

matherto

How is Manafort still getting a shit tonne of phones when he's under house arrest?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Every 50 words Roger Stone says infowars, you can see the CNN guy (Cooper I think) trying hard not to get baited into that.