Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Jericholyte2

The worry from a few sources seems to be that Trump could remove the funding from the investigation, rending it toothless, without actually firing anyone...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The worry from a few sources seems to be that Trump could remove the funding from the investigation, rending it toothless, without actually firing anyone...
Devin Nunes is trying similar with the House investigation. He’s spreading their resources as thin as he can with investigations into all of Trump’s distraction conspiracies.

Fener1907

Surely it's gone way too far for that to feasibly happen now. Had they beaten the investigation team to it, maybe they could have pushed the idea that it was a lot of effort and didn't appear to be producing anything of value. After Monday, that's an uphill battle and it would raise hell if they tried to play with it now. He's already losing more and more support, and he'd need way more than just his core support of wackos to meaningfully obstruct the investigation without experiencing serious blowback.

MTF

Who actually owns twitter?
Diluted like many large corporations. Asset managers Vanguard and Clearbridge are largest holders with 6.5% and 5% respectively. Evan Williams (co-founder) is next at around 5% too, and CEO/Founder Jack Dorsey owns 2.1%. Alwaleed Bin Talal (Saudi prince / billionaire) just under 5% too.

Doesn't add up to much. They're a struggling company, not in a great position to say 'no' to dubious propositions (not that companies that are in good positions don't also enter many of those).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So does this just about confirm Clovis is a witness?
Clovis was problematic from the beginning. He doesn't really have a background in what he was nominated for. Also, he was Papadopolous' boss during the campaign and its quite likely that George has dimed him out to the FBI for anything that may have happened during the campaign - so Trump wouldn't want to deal with that sort of drama going forward.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Yeah I read about his lack of credentials. Quite shocking that this guy was considered for the agriculture job but just sums up Trump's presidency. I'm hoping he's flipped and the stories of him cooperating are true.

Also

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Diluted like many large corporations. Asset managers Vanguard and Clearbridge are largest holders with 6.5% and 5% respectively. Evan Williams (co-founder) is next at around 5% too, and CEO/Founder Jack Dorsey owns 2.1%. Alwaleed Bin Talal (Saudi prince / billionaire) just under 5% too.

Doesn't add up to much. They're a struggling company, not in a great position to say 'no' to dubious propositions (not that companies that are in good positions don't also enter many of those).
I dont understand how Twitter struggles to make money

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I dont understand how Twitter struggles to make money
Twitter has barely 16% of the user base Facebook has.

Whats more, advertisers know that:

A. a good percentage of active users are bots.
B. a good percentage of active users are there to sell their own product (and themselves)
C. the Twitter user base demographics is more focused than Facebook. People tend to follow people for specific reasons - News, Sport, Celeb, Technology, Music. Good for advertisers that want to target those areas but as it's focused they're not competing with hundreds of other industries for ad space like they are on Facebook.
D. The format makes it a lot harder to sneak in and get people watching video adverts like Facebook do (and charge a premium for).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Worst. crooks. ever.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hopefully Beauregard doesn't cock this up and get himself sacked. We need a recused Sessions to stay in office so it doesn't disrupt the Mueller probe.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I realise it's best his sorry recused ass stays put but the fact is that he's either grossly untrustworthy for that position or he is grossly incompetent if he can't remember multiple events that happened within the last 12 months.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
How are we doing in Wisconsin? What's the situation in Madison? Where's that town in Florida? Are we spending enough in Michigan? Is NC north or south? Why do Pennsylvania's like fries in salads?

Ligitimate questions.

Should we discuss with Russia?

Not so much.