Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Oscie

Would assume efforts now are focusing on convincing Manafort to cooperate with the investigation in return for a lenient sentence.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is rather odd. This book suggests certain things which have actually happened to an extent:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

The UK is in the process of leaving the EU, some parts of Ukraine have indeed been annexated by Russia, Iran-Russia relations are pretty good, the 2008 Georgia-Russia war definitely ended any hope Georgia had in winning back South-Ossetia, Russia is trying to shake up Turkey from time to time lately, and the Russians seem to have succesfully created newborn internal political disorder within the US.

Tyrion

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This is rather odd. This book suggests certain things which have actually happened to an extent:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

The UK is in the process of leaving the EU, some parts of Ukraine have indeed been annexated by Russia, Iran-Russia relations are pretty good, the 2008 Georgia-Russia war definitely ended any hope Georgia had in winning back South-Ossetia, Russia is trying to shake up Turkey from time to time lately, and the Russians seem to have succesfully created newborn internal political disorder within the US.
Google Nazbol.

Nucks

RT History Department
:angel: Hehehe

Yeah there's not much like that "uh oh" feeling when they start doing that act.

Thank you!
All the best people are born on the 2nd of Nov, I too, am most definitely not born on that auspicious day! ;)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So what does this all mean? If nobody minds me asking.

I’ve seen 4 years of posts and predictions be proven total nonsense. People contributing 1000’s of posts to make themselves look silly.

Is this any different?
Eh?

Steven Seagull

Eh what?

The entire trump thread has been an ocean of people predicting how he he could never run, how he could never win the nomination, never win, never pass this bill, never pass that bill. It’s nearly 2018 and he’s still going strong and still getting a load of legislation through that we find horrifying.

This Russian fluff seems just that. Fluff

Edit: meant 2 years

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Eh what?

The entire trump thread has been an ocean of people predicting how he he could never run, how he could never win the nomination, never win, never pass this bill, never pass that bill. It’s nearly 2018 and he’s still going strong and still getting a load of legislation through that we find horrifying.

The thread isn't here to spoonfeed you with pleasant predictions that you'd like to be true. Its simply a way to keep up with the latest news on Trump.

As for the Russia stuff being fluff - you're clearly wrong since we have just had two indictments related to the Russia investigation and its only just now getting started.

Steven Seagull

The thread isn't here to spoonfeed you with pleasant predictions that you'd like to be true. Its simply a way to keep up with the latest news on Trump.

As for the Russia stuff being fluff - you're clearly wrong since we have just had two indictments related to the Russia investigation and its only just now getting started.
Oh my bad I thought the current events forum was here to provide education and factual information.

I suppose Mr Oranges limo driver might get fired though so that’s good.

I only ask for a reasonable and sensible prediction from redcafes greatest minds.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh my bad I thought the current events forum was here to provide education and factual information.

I only ask for a reasonable and sensible prediction from redcafes greatest minds.

We're not here to spoonfeed you with a summary of something you can easily gleen from actually reading the thread. As someone who has contributed feck all to this thread, its pretty annoying to have you randomly swoop in and cop an attitude as if you weren't provided a service that you paid for. If that's too difficult then let me know and we will find alternative ways to help.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Have you even bothered reading any of the articles posted recently?

Apologies if we’re not providing you the education you’re paying good money for by the way.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Eh what?

Plenty of people got the whole Trump thing wrong (especially at the start) but you'll find plenty who were concerned about the possibility of him winning once things started to get serious, even if they were opposed to him. The CE's hardly one unified voice.

Quite what will happen with the whole Russia thing remains unknown, and whether it'll bring down Trump is difficult to tell considering how he's clung on so far, but there's no doubt that there's legitimacy to claims of Russian involvement from Trump's campaign there after what's happened in the past few days.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Eh what?

How does it seem to be just fluff?

Steven Seagull

How does it seem to be just fluff?
Well all I’ve seen so far is some queries about taxes and some possible meetings by people well out of arms length of Trump.

Have you even bothered reading any of the articles posted recently?

Apologies if we’re not providing you the education you’re paying good money for by the way.
Well if this was in the United forum and people kept talking about the same thing, it would be ok for people to ask for a summary. And if people said “go and read the sun article” it wouldn’t fly. That was all i originally asked.

@Steven Seagull you can find everything you need and more here https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Got that from Buchan.

Plenty of people got the whole Trump thing wrong (especially at the start) but you'll find plenty who were concerned about the possibility of him winning once things started to get serious, even if they were opposed to him. The CE's hardly one unified voice.

Quite what will happen with the whole Russia thing remains unknown, and whether it'll bring down Trump is difficult to tell considering how he's clung on so far, but there's no doubt that there's legitimacy to claims of Russian involvement from Trump's campaign there after what's happened in the past few days.
Thank you for an adult like post.

Fener1907

Well all I’ve seen so far is some queries about taxes and some possible meetings by people well out of arms length of Trump.
The emergence of the George Papadopoulos story shows this not to be true. As much as they want to discredit him as a low-level volunteer or "coffee boy," he was very much on the inside and undoubtedly has information that is seeing the investigation become more wide-reaching with every new individual that is implicated. Of course, that's not to say that it unequivocally will bring down Trump, but to suggest he's well clear of it isn't in any way realistic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The emergence of the George Papadopoulos story shows this not to be true. As much as they want to discredit him as a low-level volunteer or "coffee boy," he was very much on the inside and undoubtedly has information that is seeing the investigation become more wide-reaching with every new individual that is implicated. Of course, that's not to say that it unequivocally will bring down Trump, but to suggest he's well clear of it isn't in any way realistic.
Add to that tonight's revelation about Carter Page meeting with Russian officials as well, which he previously denied, and took place during at time when he was allegedly part of the campaign.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'd imagine the feeling inside the Mueller team is the same as that within the Galway All Ireland-winning Hurling team this year. You know that you have top personnel, you know the preparation is right and that every possible effort is being made to meticulously meet your targets, but there's always the nagging fear about what your opponent could have up their sleeve, what unknowns are out there, and what could go wrong to derail the inevitable progress towards the finishing line.

:wenger:
:lol:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Either you are being extremely obtuse or you are trying to WUM. Either way it's not funny and it's pretty sad. Nobody could be as ignorant as you are pretending to be.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Surely all of you folks could see it's a WUM the moment he wrote "the loads of legislation he's passed"? :lol:
Thanking Buchan for his adult like Post was the red flag for me. In hindsight a very poor attempt.

Oscie

Speculation that Mueller will request that Trump is subject to a gagging order, preventing him from any public comments (nee: Tweets) in relation to the investigation or any publicly known active or rumoured persons involved.

Fener1907

If that's true, Mueller is surely playing the game, as he knows fewer things would kill Trump inside than an inability to open his big, fat mouth about anything and everything.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Speculation that Mueller will request that Trump is subject to a gagging order, preventing him from any public comments (nee: Tweets) in relation to the investigation or any publicly known active or rumoured persons involved.
Makes sense. An adult would refrain, when it’s children like Trump you have to lay down rules.

Oscie

Makes sense. An adult would refrain, when it’s children like Trump you have to lay down rules.
Aren't the Tweets themselves an attempt to obstruct or at the very least influence the course of justice anyway? A federal agency has charged someone with crimes and the head of the federal government is openly attacking the federal agency for it. If nothing else it makes it very difficult to convene a jury of impartial citizens if the leader of the country is sat in his pants watching Fox News in the White House, screaming about how outrageous the charge is and how bogus the case is against those charged.

He's guilty of obstruction of justice on the basis of this alone on account of the fact the public statements a man in his position makes either seek to, or could reasonably be determined to have an unintended consequence of, hampering the federal agency's chances of convicting those they feel there is sufficient evidence against to convict.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Aren't the Tweets themselves an attempt to obstruct or at the very least influence the course of justice anyway? A federal agency has charged someone with crimes and the head of the federal government is openly attacking the federal agency for it. If nothing else it makes it very difficult to convene a jury of impartial citizens if the leader of the country is sat in his pants watching Fox News in the White House, screaming about how outrageous the charge is and how bogus the case is against those charged.

He's guilty of obstruction of justice on the basis of this alone on account of the fact the public statements a man in his position makes either seek to, or could reasonably be determined to have an unintended consequence of, hampering the federal agency's chances of convicting those they feel there is sufficient evidence against to convict.
It's a post-fact administration where the burden of normality is sadly on the investigators rather than the perpetrators. It's through the looking glass stuff.