Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
FOX now trying to claim Flynn just pled because he couldn't afford legal costs, implying he just said whatever they wanted. :lol:

MTF

I hate Libertarians, they are basically republicans but are ashamed to admit it.
I hate people who aren't even authentically libertarian. Whatever you might wish in terms of minimal govt for the economy, an authoritarian president trampling all over other branches of govt. is not at all a libertarian ideal.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Now the GOP have their tax votes, I can't help but wonder whether they'll all fall on Trump like wolves. If they crash his presidency now, then they mitigate the damage slightly for 2020. They're onto a loser either way, but it might be a potential strategy. It'll be interesting to see their reactions after the bill is signed.

GiddyUp

Now the GOP have their tax votes, I can't help but wonder whether they'll all fall on Trump like wolves. If they crash his presidency now, then they mitigate the damage slightly for 2020. They're onto a loser either way, but it might be a potential strategy. It'll be interesting to see their reactions after the bill is signed.
Seems to me that's all they want. This tax bill is a fecking huge windfall for them and a payback to their donors. It's pretty obvious they don't like him but tolerate this shite, which says more about them then him. The SOU speech will be superb, it may be an opertunity for republicans to show their disdain for this man by not applauding or standing while in the safety of numbers. I would like to see the Democrats walk out as he takes to the microphone or stand up and turn their backs when he says something unsavory. If they can get a reaction from him within the standard decorum of the event he will go off script and hit rally mode. He's a sick puppy himself so an verbal explosion would be a line in the sand.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Presumably Flynn's phone records will prove he phoned Mar A Lago on the relevant date/times he was meeting the Russian ambassador. It's going to be a stretch for the administration to claim they didnt talk about what he was there doing.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We sort of knew that Flynn would sing because he'd already said he would if he got immunity but fecking hell, it's actually happening isn't it?

Pandora's box is opening on Trump.

Reeeeeeee

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gab.Ai

Its a strange social network that started up earlier this year. It looks like a regular run of the mill network but when you get there, its mostly right of center voices talking amongst one another.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Gab.Ai

Its a strange social network that started up earlier this year. It looks like a regular run of the mill network but when you get there, its mostly right of center voices talking amongst one another.
Twitler

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Supposedly, the WH put out a statement attempting to place Flynn as an Obama administration official. This is true and Obama fired his ass and later warned Trump from hiring him.

Sadly, a portion of the voting public will believe this was some DNC/Obama issue. I imagine hate talk radio and far right websites are gearing up link and smear campaigns.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
"Jared Kushner? He was just a water carrier in the election campaign."

Donald Trump

Kaos

Out of all of them I think its Ivanka I can't stand the most.

At least the others are unapologetic about being absolute cnuts, she on the other hand tries to masquerade as this 'beautiful', faux progressive face of the Trump family. Nah feck you, your sweatshops, and your silence towards your dad's bigotry and bullying. Hope you enjoy visiting your husband and father in jail.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just thinking... Kushner was interviewed by Mueller just last month. I wonder how much Mueller revealed to Kushner then and if he made him an offer....

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just thinking... Kushner was interviewed by Mueller just last month. I wonder how much Mueller revealed to Kushner then and if he made him an offer....
This is going to get very interesting in the coming weeks/months as Kushner is being cited as having asked Flynn to do his dirty work (obviously on behalf of Trump), so at some point Mueller is going to pursue Kushner to get to Trump, at which point a potential Kushner indictment would almost surely break Trump one way or the other. Either Kushner flips on Trump (which would be utterly spectacular) or he gets pardoned, but Mueller would then create state level charges through a State AG like Schneiderman to make Kushner legally exposed at the State level, which would more or less make the pardon pointless. At that point, if Trump is going to try to fire Mueller, he would either have to try it then or allow the investigation to reach him where he would eventually resign or face some sort of sanctioning.

Simbo

Just for clarity's sake...

Am I right in thinking that Flynn speaking to the Russians is only a problem because he did it in December? If he did it one month later there isn't any issue?

So even if it can be proven Trump ordered him to do it, the only crime is that he started dealing with foreign governments 1 month before they had the authority to do so?

Would that be enough for impeachment...? Flynn going on to lie to the FBI about it is on Flynn.

MTF

Supposedly, the WH put out a statement attempting to place Flynn as an Obama administration official. This is true and Obama fired his ass and later warned Trump from hiring him.

Sadly, a portion of the voting public will believe this was some DNC/Obama issue. I imagine hate talk radio and far right websites are gearing up link and smear campaigns.
The WH statement did say he was NSA for x day, and an Obama admin official.

He was also in the army for a couple of decades, maybe we can blame them...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is going to get very interesting in the coming weeks/months as Kushner is being cited as having asked Flynn to do his dirty work (obviously on behalf of Trump), so at some point Mueller is going to pursue Kushner to get to Trump, at which point a potential Kushner indictment would almost surely break Trump one way or the other. Either Kushner flips on Trump (which would be utterly spectacular) or he gets pardoned, but Mueller would then create state level charges through a State AG like Schneiderman to make Kushner legally exposed at the State level, which would more or less make the pardon pointless. At that point, if Trump is going to try to fire Mueller, he would either have to try it then or allow the investigation to reach him where he would eventually resign or face some sort of sanctioning.
It’s a cracking script isn’t it :lol:

If Kushner accepts the pardon he’s admitting guilt so toast at state level.

Regarding the potential Saturday night massacre repeat, I wonder if Mueller has been filing his evidence and sealing indictments as he goes so that if his head does hit the block, it’ll mean little as indictments are unsealed and the house is brought down.

Btw, on to my friend Nunes... he had a meeting with Flynn and the Turkish foreign minister in January... only a matter of time :drool:

MTF

Just for clarity's sake...

Am I right in thinking that Flynn speaking to the Russians is only a problem because he did it in December? If he did it one month later there isn't any issue?

So even if it can be proven Trump ordered him to do it, the only crime is that he started dealing with foreign governments 1 month before they had the authority to do so?

Would that be enough for impeachment...? Flynn going on to lie to the FBI about it is on Flynn.
I think you're correct (no lawyer). But I also think (based on reading people who are lawyers) that we shouldn't take the fact that this is the charge brought and made public against Flynn to mean that this is the only thing Mueller & Co. have turned up.

I.e. there could be an entire line of investigation on election collusion or other Russia-related corruption that Flynn is both testifying and providing evidence towards, it wouldn't necessarily be part of his charges.

Obviously, that is an optimistic hypothesis.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It’s a cracking script isn’t it :lol:

If Kushner accepts the pardon he’s admitting guilt so toast at state level.

Regarding the potential Saturday night massacre repeat, I wonder if Mueller has been filing his evidence and sealing indictments as he goes so that if his head does hit the block, it’ll mean little as indictments are unsealed and the house is brought down.

Btw, on to my friend Nunes... he had a meeting with Flynn and the Turkish foreign minister in January... only a matter of time :drool:
Could one you explain what this exposure at the State level is?

Simbo

I think you're correct (no lawyer). But I also think (based on reading people who are lawyers) that we shouldn't take the fact that this is the charge brought and made public against Flynn to mean that this is the only thing Mueller & Co. have turned up.

I.e. there could be an entire line of investigation on election collusion or other Russia-related corruption that Flynn is both testifying and providing evidence towards, it wouldn't necessarily be part of his charges.

Obviously, that is an optimistic hypothesis.
Yeh so it is reasonable to assume Flynn might dish out the dirt on Trump & co to reduce his sentence.

OR he will try to make a best case scenario out of it by attempting to convince the Special Counsel the first time anyone from the Trump campaign was instructed to make contact with the Russians was in December 2016. Which, is bad I'm sure, but not as bad as being in colludes with the Russians all through the campaign like we think they probably were.