Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabio Rochemback

That's the crap I hate. Any time any of our players have a good game it's because the other team where just rubbish not because our players were actually good that game and nullified their threats well.
I'm curious why you've chosen to ignore that I said he was very good, and that Salah would still get the better of most fullbacks even when playing below his usual standard?

How you got "he only looked good cos Salah was rubbish" I do not know.

Last edited:

Putting all banter aside

I am a United/Ajax fan but this guy was my favourite non Ajax player. So much energy and enthusiasm and skill. I was hoping we would go for him instead of Wijndal.
Reminds so much of a young Evra
Why would Malacia go from Feyenoord to Ajax? He's a local kid, born and bred Rotterdam, and why would he play for the arch rivals?

So happy he plays for us now. Really the bargain of the summer, although he still need time to adapt to the PL level against teams where we have to dominate and more of his attacking capabilities will be asked.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
What a difference it makes to a team when your players are aggressive and come out with intensity.

If you want to press as a team, the defenders have to be willing to get stuck in, the issue we had with Shaw was he never wanted to get stuck in so let players recieve the ball and turn.
This is so true. You can't expect to play pressing football when you don't have the personal. Our defense consisting of Shaw, Maguire and Lindelolf all prefer defending by backing down, letting their players get the ball and come at them. But if you truly want to play on the front foot, press and suffocate opponents then you'd need players like Tyrell and Martinez in defense, players who'll be glued to their attackers as much as they can and never giving them time to settle and have a go.

romufc

This is so true. You can't expect to play pressing football when you don't have the personal. Our defense consisting of Shaw, Maguire and Lindelolf all prefer defending by backing down, letting their players get the ball and come at them. But if you truly want to play on the front foot, press and suffocate opponents then you'd need players like Tyrell and Martinez in defense, players who'll be glued to their attackers as much as they can and never giving them time to settle and have a go.

We also heard from journalists after the Brentford game that senior players thought that they cannot play the style? A more pragmatic style should be the way to go for Liverpool.

Maguire, Shaw, Ronaldo do not like that football, they prefer the sit back defend and not run. Instead, Ten Hag said, no problem, I will play players that can play that style.

Now you see when our defenders are aggressive and have intensity, we are much better.

Oranges038

Little point comparing him to Evra because football has moved on massively in terms of the full back position whereby attacking is now their main function in most games. AWB would have been a top full back in Evra’s day but not today.
Not a fooking chance. Top full backs have always be good at putting the work in up and down the pitch. There's nothing that AWB has that would ever have made him a top full back.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Been, with Haaland obviously, the best player for Norwegian NT the past two years. Especially offensively. Has he been bad for you?
From what I have seen he's pretty useless without loads of space. He sits on the bench behind Geertruida. Good player too. He's like Timber with less technical ability but a bit more height.

Ibi Dreams

Does anyone know for sure how to actually pronounce his name correctly?

Both names, actually :lol:

MUnchies

I'm curious why you've chosen to ignore that I said he was very good, and that Salah would still get the better of most fullbacks even when playing below his usual standard?

How you got "he only looked good cos Salah was rubbish" I do not know.
I know you said that but trying to insinuate that it might because Salah was rubbish is what I was talking about. Why not just Malacia was just good.

Hughes35

Thought he was brilliant on Monday. Tenacious, aggressive, calm, compose, good decision making, didn't dive in too much and just looked comfortable all game.

It will be interesting to see what he's like going forwards against teams when we're on the attack more.

Tony247

That's perfect! Thank you.

If he can keep Salah and TAA in his pocket all game, he will be fine against other right side oppositions
We shoul not miss that in a high tempo derby he kept Salah in his pocket for entire 95 minutes, committed just ONE foul and did not pick up a yellow. That is sublime talent.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Little point comparing him to Evra because football has moved on massively in terms of the full back position whereby attacking is now their main function in most games. AWB would have been a top full back in Evra’s day but not today.
Seriously? You're talking about Evra like he was 30 years ago. All the top fullbacks for the last 20-30 years have had a good balance of attacking and defending, and many were stronger when attacking and on the ball than they were defensively. Including Evra in the latter part of his career, where he basically ran our entire left side but the main criticism of him was that he was starting to get lazy defensively. Yes the balance has swung even further towards what they provide when their own team has the ball, but it hasn't changed 'that' much.

Fabio Rochemback

I know you said that but trying to insinuate that it might because Salah was rubbish is what I was talking about. Why not just Malacia was just good.
Mate if I wanted to say that, I'dve said it ;)

Look at the RAWK thread, a lot of Liverpool fans are bemoaning that Salah seems to have lost a bit of his pace and dribbling ability. Whether or not that's permanent I don't know but I could see it for myself on Monday. It's a fair comment to say that he was noticeably less sharp than usual, and that's far from saying he was rubbish.

Dalot did almost as well against Diaz on the other flank and I'm not saying that's because Diaz under-performed.

Last edited:

MUnchies

Mate if I wanted to say that, I'dve said it ;)

Look at the RAWK thread, a lot of Liverpool fans are bemoaning that Salah seems to have lost a bit of his pace and dribbling ability. Whether or not that's permanent I don't know but I could see it for myself on Monday. It's a fair comment to say that he was noticeably less sharp than usual, and that's far from saying he was rubbish.

Dalot did almost as well against Diaz on the other flank and I'm not saying that's because Diaz under-performed.
Got it. Lets just hope Malacia continues doing great.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
As fantastic as his debut was I still think you lot should temper expectations a bit. He will play a few rubbish games for you where he lacks concentration or fires 5 crosses into the stands in a row. He's the ideal big game defensive player, but I want to see him in games where United is attacking for 90 minutes.

Obviously hope it will just confirm the feeling he is your new Evra, but I will be nervous again tomorrkw against Soton.

I must say I love that he's at United now, I'd almost buy a full Malacia kit.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
As fantastic as his debut was I still think you lot should temper expectations a bit. He will play a few rubbish games for you where he lacks concentration or fires 5 crosses into the stands in a row. He's the ideal big game defensive player, but I want to see him in games where United is attacking for 90 minutes.

Obviously hope it will just confirm the feeling he is your new Evra, but I will be nervous again tomorrkw against Soton.

I feared the game against Liverpool way more with the open spaces than games where we have the ball. He's tidy with his short passing and kinda press resistant. I think he'll be fine. Don't expect the new Evra overnight, though. His work ethic alone will endear him to the fans.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Evra's crossing wasn't anything special. His intensity, pace and athleticism, plus dribbling ability were what made him world class in his prime. With Malacia we see the same intensity, but probably realistically not the same pace or dribbling ability, so if he can make up for that with defensive ability and improving his crossing and passing then he'll be the new (but different) Evra in my book.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I feared the game against Liverpool way more with the open spaces than games where we have the ball. He's tidy with his short passing and kinda press resistant. I think he'll be fine. Don't expect the new Evra overnight, though. His work ethic alone will endear him to the fans.
Yeah, it's impossible to not love him, his attitude is fantastic.
Evra's crossing wasn't anything special. His intensity, pace and athleticism, plus dribbling ability were what made him world class in his prime. With Malacia we see the same intensity, but probably realistically not the same pace or dribbling ability, so if he can make up for that with defensive ability and improving his crossing and passing then he'll be the new (but different) Evra in my book.
I think he's a bit less refined than Evra, but he's still young and as people keep mentioning on here, apparently Evra was cack during his debut, so he's ahead on that count :)

Bondi77

Shawberto will up the ante in training and Erik will realise he has a Rolls Royce for a LB on his hands.
Malacia did a great defensive job and he will be good backup but he is levels below Luke.

Remember the geese

Shawberto will up the ante in training and Erik will realise he has a Rolls Royce for a LB on his hands.
Malacia did a great defensive job and he will be good backup but he is levels below Luke.
Depends which version of Shaw you're going to get. 20/21 Shaw, or the waste of space Shaw.

HookedOnAPhelan

Luke is a lazy cnut, and if he needs competition to start moving his fat arse then he doesn't have the drive or mentality to succeed here anyway.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Ah yeah? When has Shawberto showed that kind of top performance for Unitd?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How many chances do you lot want to give Shaw :lol:

His consistency and work ethic are not good enough. Time to go.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Tough to call someone a Rolls Royce when they drive like a tractor most of the time

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, it's impossible to not love him, his attitude is fantastic.

I think he's a bit less refined than Evra, but he's still young and as people keep mentioning on here, apparently Evra was cack during his debut, so he's ahead on that count :)
Not just his debut (which was absolutely catastrophic) For most of his first season (joined in January) everyone thought Paddy was absolutely shite. Some encouraging signs towards the end but it was really only season 2 where the consensus changed.

Dempsey19

So why did ETH start Malacia instead of Shaw?

Probably because he saw that the laziness of Shaw is absolute hindrance to the way he wants to play.

Shaw will be gone out of this club next season.

Redlyn

If he can fire up Shaw to his euro and pre euro level it can only be good for our season.

Can tyrell play right back?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he can fire up Shaw to his euro and pre euro level it can only be good for our season.

Can tyrell play right back?
Shaw has had 8 seasons and 5 managers. He can do one as far as I'm concerned.

Lu Tze

All very well being a rolls Royce but footballers need an engine too, and it seems Luke's fell out somewhere along the way.

Redlyn

Shaw has had 8 seasons and 5 managers. He can do one as far as I'm concerned.
He's not going, he's going to stay and be back up LB. So people can be miserable about it or make the most of it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's not going, he's going to stay and be back up LB. So people can be miserable about it or make the most of it.
No one is miserable - just answering your post which insinuating moving Malacia to RB. There's no need to - he's got the LB to himself. Shaw can be back-up.

Redlyn

No one is miserable - just answering your post which insinuating moving Malacia to RB. There's no need to - he's got the LB to himself. Shaw can be back-up.
Maybe someone else will answer my question if he can play RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.