Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If he can fire up Shaw to his euro and pre euro level it can only be good for our season.

Can tyrell play right back?
It would be like asking Van Gough to paint a picture with his left hand. Get the job done but a bit of a shambles too.

Southampton 0:1 Man Utd

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Mixed bag from him today, but even his middle of the road performance is a step above an average performance from Shaw. Wasn’t given a lot of help on the left, especially when Kyle Walker-Peters (who had an excellent game) was overloading on his side.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he was tested more today than last week, because we gave up any attempts to keep the ball after scoring he was constantly facing Southampton attackers. Did well I think, fairly confident with him. I like how he communicates, he's like anti AWB.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Back 4 is set with him starting. Can and needs to be better than today though.

Cloud7

Really like what I'm seeing from him. There's so much more fire to his game than SHaw

December_16

He was alright, didn’t offer much going forward, and when he did, he literally was standing right behind Sancho for some reason. Seems to have a ton of energy defensively.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Solid defensively but he doesn’t offer much going forward in games like these which is a negative

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Like him a lot. Needed more help from Sancho as they were doubling up on him, but overall he did well.

He doesn't give up on a challenge, even if the attacker gets past him, he often wins it on the recovery which is great to watch.

He looks to have great technique with the ball too, very comfortable in tight spaces, plays the ball quickly. If he keeps up this pace, he'll be an absolute steal.

Abraxas

He's laid a pretty good foundation defensively. Can we get more out of him going forward now?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
tricky game today but never gave up or switched off which is most important. showing he’s well up for the fight

Tony247

Very tidy performance. His understanding with Martinez is pretty good.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
His work ethic and attitude alone puts him ahead of Shaw. Solid defensive player, but he is no Evra…at least not yet.

criticalanalysis

Mixed bag from him today, but even his middle of the road performance is a step above an average performance from Shaw. Wasn’t given a lot of help on the left, especially when Kyle Walker-Peters (who had an excellent game) was overloading on his side.
Yeah same thoughts. He's tenacious and more importantly, positive with his passing, his tackling etc, even if it doesn't come off.

@GifLord

Clip of Malacia's turn in the Southampton box, I think around 43-45mins? Thanks.

Bobski

Another fighter, it seems that Ten Hag has identified the type of attitudes that were missing from the squad. Malacia made a few mistakes today, but it didn't knock him, straight back to competing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Was great again today. Made 1 mistake with a misplaced pass to them In our box but overall was good. Didn’t get much help on the left, sancho looks very slow and tired.

Lyng

Even a mixed bag game like this from him is leagues above anything we have seen from Shaw in ages.

Superunknown

tricky game today but never gave up or switched off which is most important. showing he’s well up for the fight
I agree with all of that. He's definitely deserved his spot in the starting 11 and will get better with more game time, and especially as his understanding improves with Sancho ahead of him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I have him as the first choice for the foreseeable future, don't want to see shaw ever again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Is he not allowed to go forward? Was weird seeing him stay back so much that first half. I think he only got in their box once and it was quite threatening.

The hiccup in the first half was a shame as the duel he won in the lead up to it was impressive.

Ok performance for me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree with all of that. He's definitely deserved his spot in the starting 11 and will get better with more game time, and especially as his understanding improves with Sancho ahead of him.
there was a moment in the 2nd half he made a great overlap and sancho ignored him then ran into traffic which was frustrating. we need to use those moments way more often instead of cutting inside all the time

jesperjaap

Was average today, but bound to be a bit of a fall back from a superb debut.

Lets not forget he is a young player, new culture, new league, new club and a lot of pressure. I think overall he did ok with a few shaky moments/ Like his tenacity and positionally looks good which is something Shaw was always weak on

OmarUnited4ever

He'll definitely get better and better once he settles.

Shaw is officially a backup option until further notice

lex talionis

I thought Malacia was superb today. Clearly under orders not to venture forward, but once hit our stride I’d like to see him push forward more often.

Superunknown

there was a moment in the 2nd half he made a great overlap and sancho ignored him then ran into traffic which was frustrating. we need to use those moments way more often instead of cutting inside all the time
Yeah, I remember that. The understanding won't be there yet and that will take time to come. Even though the goal came from the other side, and I thought Dalot did well going forward and for his involvement with the goal, I think Malacia + Sancho will be fantastic for us in the future when it eventually does click. That left side will be so important to us.

Waynne

Shaw is never getting into that LB position again. May as well pitch a tent at McDonalds.
I feel infinitely more confident in that left side when Malacia plays.

justboy68

Tougher game and looked raw in parts but still did alright. Pretty promising signs if this is his floor.

Someone

Something
Had a good game. Thought he should've pushed forward more, but all in all much better than Shaw. Given time he's good to be a star.

Telsim

He needs to get more involved going forward. Left Sancho hanging for the majority of the game.

SAFMUTD

His work ethic is impressive you get nothing but 100% effort from him. I like him a lot.

He struggled sometimes when Walker Peters overlapped but do you remember Elyounoussi? Exactly in his pocket. He's really solid defensively and he'll improve offensively as we develop a more progressing style.

hmchan

A good alternative to Shaw, but don't think he's up to the level if we want to win something.

Status
Not open for further replies.