Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedIan

Made the odd mistake but i like his determination and speed, better than shaw for me defensively, shaw has the edge offensively But I much prefer him to shaw.
Early days but every chance this kid will become a firm favourite ala, evra/parker

Kag

In terms of profile he looks great. Energetic, determined and assured in possession. Everything a lot of our players have lacked in recent times.

He’s very green and will make mistakes, but I like the cut of his jib.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Some mistakes but overal quite solid. Didn't show much going forward this time but the more he plays and settles the quicker he improves. Shaw seemed to hit his ceiling already if not declining so better invest into more aggressive Malacia.

Question is wether we can get some more from Shaw, now he's benched..

avgp_1

Solid defensively but just doesnt offer much going forward. Sancho was playing on his own a lot in the first half without any options. Early days but has to add a bit in the other direction as well

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Whenever we had the ball, it looked like he was tucking into midfield rather than overlapping. Perhaps we might not see much from him going forward if that is the plan for him. It certainly doesn't seem like a lack of ability on his part.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I thought he waa excellent again, I don't remember many defensive players making their away debuts playing well, and he did more than good.

A good alternative to Shaw, but don't think he's up to the level if we want to win something.
And Shaw is?

AndySmith1990

He's brilliant. He has the right mentality and works hard. He will develop well under Ten Hag and I've no doubt he'll be our first choice LB for many years. Cracking signing

Blood Mage

A defensive beast but his attacking game needs improvement. He deserves to keep his starting spot in the league for now though, let Shaw recover his form in cup games.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Love his attitude. Happy to have players who represent the badge the way this lad does.

Mmm-Qatarian

He was solid if unspectacular for me today. Generally speaking for his first two starts in the Premier League at the age of 23 he's been impressive but I'd have liked to have seen him getting further forward today. Sancho will struggle if he doesn't have players making runs off of him and Malacia is going to be crucial in this regard.

Scottynaldinho

He was allowed so much time on the ball and so much space it was frustrating he didn't use it.

I think we'll grow impatient with his lack of attacking ability sooner than later.

We need an rvn

He was allowed so much time on the ball and so much space it was frustrating he didn't use it.

I think we'll grow impatient with his lack of attacking ability sooner than later.
we're 4 games in, he's just turned 23 and playing in a new league finding his feet with a new squad and for the first time playing in a foreign language and language.

His main job is defence and he was solid today. We've just signed Casi and are just a few months into the new managers reign and system of playing.

Come on, give him half a season before this posting this

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United

I think he will improve on the attacking side sooner than later. At Feyenoord he definitely went forward more than he did today. Maybe he was instructed not to today.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This guy isn't an attacking fullback. I said this when we were first linked with him.
He's good defensively, super reliable fitness wise, dirt cheap and better than that calamity Telles. Brilliant signing regardless.

He was ineffective in the final third for Feyenoord as well. Him tucking in and not overlapping is his game, not his manager's demands.

I crap my pants when passed the ball to a soton player inside our own box, bloody hell
Wasnt it a hard pass to United player that let it go because he thought it was meant for someone behind him?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Lack of attacking threat worries me. Let’s hope he can develop that side of his game more than AWB…

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s doing the basics quite well, but has been nothing special so far. If he wasn’t new, I don’t think people would be making as much noise about his performances to date. That said, I expect him to become more expressive over the coming months (may even take until next season), and would be very happy for him to at least continue to do the basics well as he finds his feet. But I do think it’s important to point these things out, as it’s often the way that people decide, all of a sudden, that what a player is producing isn’t good enough (when the player isn’t new anymore) even though the player was praised for the same performances at a different time. There’s certainly levels to go with him, so I think context is needed for the praise at present.

tomaldinho1

Whenever we had the ball, it looked like he was tucking into midfield rather than overlapping. Perhaps we might not see much from him going forward if that is the plan for him. It certainly doesn't seem like a lack of ability on his part.
He said in an interview ETH wanted him to do this. I think Rashford will play more of an isolated LW (more of a rapid player who can take people on, play on the shoulder and doesn’t thrive in link up play) and Sancho whose weakness is he doesn’t have searing pace but is great at being involved and linking things up (like the goal today) on the RW where there will be more overlapping from Dalot. Then Malacia creates the overload in midfield.

Crashoutcassius

I think we will find as the year goes on that he is what awb was for us two years ago, a good contributor defensively. He isn't English and wasn't 50m so won't attract the same scrutiny. Shaw is good with the ball but ultimately no end product so it probably is time to replace him. Malacia could improve to get there like AWB didnt

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He said in an interview ETH wanted him to do this. I think Rashford will play more of an isolated LW (more of a rapid player who can take people on, play on the shoulder and doesn’t thrive in link up play) and Sancho whose weakness is he doesn’t have searing pace but is great at being involved and linking things up (like the goal today) on the RW where there will be more overlapping from Dalot. Then Malacia creates the overload in midfield.
Makes a lot of sense, I like the idea of that. City play the inverted fullback thing quite well. I thought that Sancho could really have benefited from being out on the right today with Dalot overlapping. On the left he did look isolated.

He looks very comfortable on the ball and makes his passes quickly, he could be a good contributor tucking in to midfield.

The United

Watching him play somehow reminded me of someone that I could not remember suddenly.

Then, I realized it was Quinton Fortune.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think we will find as the year goes on that he is what awb was for us two years ago, a good contributor defensively. He isn't English and wasn't 50m so won't attract the same scrutiny. Shaw is good with the ball but ultimately no end product so it probably is time to replace him. Malacia could improve to get there like AWB didnt
That's a compliment to Malacia. Its his second PL game. He was playing Eredivisie and Conference League last season, where as AWB was an established PL player.

It's obviously a crap comparison as Malacia is far better and smarter on the ball in his own half.

AFC NimbleThumb

I noticed a few periods where he came central whilst the ball was on the right, I like the fact he’s making himself available. When we click as a team he’ll prove his worth in that inverted full back role. Excited by the prospect as the outlay wasn’t huge so anything north of perennial back up is a win.

Made no more mistakes today than I’m used to watching no.23 make most games for the past 8 years.

criticalanalysis

Got to give Martinez praise as he comes over, doubles up and closes space well on the left of the pitch. He definitely doesn't leave Malacia hanging.

Crashoutcassius

That's a compliment to Malacia. Its his second PL game. He was playing Eredivisie and Conference League last season, where as AWB was an established PL player.

It's obviously a crap comparison as Malacia is far better and smarter on the ball in his own half.
Sorry to upset you

hmchan

He’s doing the basics quite well, but has been nothing special so far. If he wasn’t new, I don’t think people would be making as much noise about his performances to date. That said, I expect him to become more expressive over the coming months (may even take until next season), and would be very happy for him to at least continue to do the basics well as he finds his feet. But I do think it’s important to point these things out, as it’s often the way that people decide, all of a sudden, that what a player is producing isn’t good enough (when the player isn’t new anymore) even though the player was praised for the same performances at a different time. There’s certainly levels to go with him, so I think context is needed for the praise at present.
Any negativity is not allowed for new players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Nah, he's fine on the ball. He's not creative but he wouldn't need to be, he is good at what he does and he is still good on the ball and links well. Just uses his skills more to tuck in and provide midfield support which is another way to do it. No problem with it.

Chris M

The clip of the bench when playing Liverpool, Shaw with his hand over his mouth talking to Maguire, I'm guessing it was 'where screwed mate'

Status
Not open for further replies.