Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Already looks like he plays with more intensity and urgency than pretty much all of our players.
Yes, we were so one-paced and predictable last season.

He looks like the antithesis of Alex Telles, which is a very good thing.

Revaulx

Already looks like he plays with more intensity and urgency than pretty much all of our players.
Indeed. Let’s hope lots of our “legacy” players can match him after they’ve had some better training.

I’m pretty confident they will, but can’t be certain which ones. It’ll be interesting to find out.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
In a good way or bad way?
He was in my dream transfer window at the end of the season :lol:
(Him and De Jong were the only Dutch players I had mind)

It's good to see our transfer window making some sort of sense as opposed to us needing a DM and getting Donny instead.

I dont think he's exceptional, mind. I just think actual competition for Shaw (who's capable of playing other positions) and a massive upgrade on Telles is a no brainer for the fee.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yes, we were so one-paced and predictable last season.

He looks like the antithesis of Alex Telles, which is a very good thing.
That's actually a great description. He has the athleticism and brain Telles is lacking, but doesn't have the Brazillian's left foot.

Banat

I have a good feeling about this lad.
Besides his obvious talent, he really looks mature and determined to succeed in this football club. I don't really rate Shaw and think he is bit overrated by our fans. LB spot is up for grabs.

Olecurls99

That's actually a great description. He has the athleticism and brain Telles is lacking, but doesn't have the Brazillian's left foot.
Telles' stats against full backs in the Top 5 leagues

84% assist
Passes completed 82%
Key passes 84%
Passes under pressure 82%
Goal creation from dead balls 99%
Successful dribbles 88%
Carries into final third 90%

He has him on athleticism alright. I hope he has his footballing brain.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

84% assist
Passes completed 82%
Key passes 84%
Successful dribbles 88%

I'm not a stat guy, but what does goal creation from dead balls mean? Do 99% of his deadballs result in goals? That seems insane.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm not a stat guy, but what does goal creation from dead balls mean? Do 99% of his deadballs result in goals? That seems insane.
I think it means his stats (probably goals + assists) in that regard are better than 99% of left backs.
It's his only redeeming feature though.

84% assist
Passes completed 82%
Key passes 84%
Successful dribbles 88%

Bloke has no clue on how to defend. He doesn't even know how to mark a player. I think that's part of having a brain. He definitely has technical ability.

Olecurls99

No its against all other full backs. 99% is the best at that stat. 1% is the worst and so on

Olecurls99

I think it means his stats (probably goals + assists) in that regard are better than 99% of left backs.
It's his only redeeming feature though.

Bloke has no clue on how to defend. He doesn't even know how to mark a player. I think that's part of having a brain. He definitely has technical ability.
Fair point. I won't argue that Telles is a good defender. Malacia looks like he has a nice bit of niggle about him.

Telles does know what he's doing with the ball though

romufc

The number of times when the ball is shifted from the attackers left to right and Telles is nowhere to be seen is a joke.

He gets done with one-twos easily, through his legs, he is a very poor defender.

Number TwentyFive

Malacias stats from the Eredivisie looks quite good for a young player. I posted the stats in the Newbies Forum, so why not post them here:

He played 32 games scored 1 goal and had 4 assists.

He attempts to tackle 2.6 on average pr game and win 1.75 tackles on average pr. game. He intecepts 1.16 times on average pr. game. He fouls a little bit over 1 time on average pr. game so even if that can improve he is not a serial fouler. He clears 1.2 times on average pr. game. So he looks sound defensively, but could improve his tackling. When it comes to aerial duels he wins 50% of the duels. Considering his height which is listed online from 1.69 m to 1.75 m tall that is not bad, but it is in a league that is not as physical as the Premier League.

Offensively he puts in 2,9 crosses on average pr. game wich means he is going forward and creates width for his team, but only 0.7 hits a teammate on average pr. game, so he can improve that. He dribbles 0.9 times on average pr. game. He shots 1.62 times on average pr. game but only hit the target 0.29 times on averag pr. game. His passcompletion is 85.3% wich is good enough but can improve. His chance creation is 1.14 on average pr. game wich is good for a left back.

I couldn't find any stats that tells how much ground he covers and how many sprints he do pr. game. But the few highlight clips i saw, he looks like a real speeder and considering how many crosses and shots he puts in he must go forward a lot and I guess those numbers are good.

I got the stats from fbref.com, soccerment.com and whoscored.com.

Reactions: roonster09

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Malacias stats from the Eredivisie looks quite good for a young player. I posted the stats in the Newbies Forum, so why not post them here:

He played 32 games scored 1 goal and had 4 assists.

He attempts to tackle 2.6 on average pr game and win 1.75 tackles on average pr. game. He intecepts 1.16 times on average pr. game. He fouls a little bit over 1 time on average pr. game so even if that can improve he is not a serial fouler. He clears 1.2 times on average pr. game. So he looks sound defensively, but could improve his tackling. When it comes to aerial duels he wins 50% of the duels. Considering his height which is listed online from 1.69 m to 1.75 m tall that is not bad, but it is in a league that is not as physical as the Premier League.

Offensively he puts in 2,9 crosses on average pr. game wich means he is going forward and creates width for his team, but only 0.7 hits a teammate on average pr. game, so he can improve that. He dribbles 0.9 times on average pr. game. He shots 1.62 times on average pr. game but only hit the target 0.29 times on averag pr. game. His passcompletion is 85.3% wich is good enough but can improve. His chance creation is 1.14 on average pr. game wich is good for a left back.

I couldn't find any stats that tells how much ground he covers and how many sprints he do pr. game. But the few highlight clips i saw, he looks like a real speeder and considering how many crosses and shots he puts in he must go forward a lot and I guess those numbers are good.

I got the stats from fbref.com, soccerment.com and whoscored.com.
Feyenoord were an incredibly dominant team last year. There were a lot more opportunities for him to make an impact going forward. Many teams would successfully park the bus vs them and hope for a stinker at the back (or set piece) to nick some points.

Number TwentyFive

Feyenoord were an incredibly dominant team last year. There were a lot more opportunities for him to make an impact going forward. Many teams would successfully park the bus vs them and hope for a stinker at the back (or set piece) to nick some points.
Well let's hope that we start to be dominating again then so he can continue develop offensively.

Dan_F

84% assist
Passes completed 82%
Key passes 84%
Successful dribbles 88%

Is that for last season?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He'll get the opportunity to play exactly like that at United as well. We lacked a lot of determination last season with Shaw, and had the same problem the season before Shaw played so well too. He'll fit right in at United.

city-puma

He looks really sharp and aggressively quick in that training video.

croadyman

Looking forward to seeing him play, however worry about us still being unbalanced with defensive RB and attacking LB

jeepers

Feck’s sake. There are actually entire articles online based around that footage. Checked this thread to see it. Completely unremarkable. Same with the video of Amad doing, shock horror, keepie uppies. People get so carried away by elite footballers doing basic skills.
Plenty of clickbait videos as well on YouTube, I reported all of those which I clicked on.

His enthusiasm comes through the video, I just hope it rubs off on the senior players.

croadyman

Plenty of clickbait videos as well on YouTube, I reported all of those which I clicked on.

His enthusiasm comes through the video, I just hope it rubs off on the senior players.
Yeah definitely has an Evra like appetite

criticalanalysis

Feck’s sake. There are actually entire articles online based around that footage. Checked this thread to see it. Completely unremarkable. Same with the video of Amad doing, shock horror, keepie uppies. People get so carried away by elite footballers doing basic skills.
I tell you what was completely unremarkable and it was Telles' defending and pressuring in the middle of that rondo.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Looking forward to seeing him play, however worry about us still being unbalanced with defensive RB and attacking LB
He's not really an attacking fullback and a lot of teams play like this, including ETH last season.

Josh 76

Waste of money. Didn’t do anything special in the 2 mins of the video I saw him training!

Tony247

Very promising player.

Wish we get more such good players on bargain.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Great start from the young man. He reminds me of Maldini

Status
Not open for further replies.