Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Shaw is very very good man. I’ll be the first to admit he was dogshit last season but I’m a massive fan. Even when he’s out of form our buildup is largely carried by him. Got to be the first name on the team sheet in any possession based system.
I think with Shaw he looks good because the rest of our fullbacks have been so damn poor for a long time. If you were watching a genuinely very good full back then Shaws deficiencies stand out massively.

Hoof the ball

How are some of you gonna compare Malacia to Shaw on yesterday's game? Granted Shaw is still a better overall player, but come on....

Shaw, who plays with a full-strength side vs Liverpool's 2nd/3rd team vs Malacia, who plays with Telles next to him at CB and the rest of our 2nd team/3rd team vs prime Liverpool.

Honestly, some of you should just think through your comments. No shit Malacia didn't look as good as Shaw yesterday. :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just like Laird on the other side, every pass backwards to the centre half.

Filip#6

I think he plays as Ten Hag wants, he drifted inside like an inverted fullback at times. But I think he could contribute more further up the pitch and he will eventually. He seems to have a nice cross as well.

Bwuk

I was under the impression he was a athlete who could burst up and down the flank. He’s playing within himself if that’s the case.

WirralRed

Had a good moment where he dribbled past his man then later it off and carried on his run past the fullback. Was hoping to see more of that but the game was very much petering out by this point. Great delivery to Rashford in the box as well. Positive early signs.

We need an rvn

I was under the impression he was a athlete who could burst up and down the flank. He’s playing within himself if that’s the case.
It's pre-season. Pretty sure pre-season is very much a case of getting the match fit, playing 30-45 minutes, getting used to (in our case) new tactics / teammates etc. Give him a few weeks and we'll see if he's an athlete or not :)

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He had one serious mistake where he stopped running back, then realized it was the wrong decision and kept chasing. Other than that defensively solid, not great going forward, but put in a good cross. This is pretty much how I know him from his time in Holland.

He's a signing with potential for the future and a massive upgrade on Telles in the mean time. His price reflects that.

IrishRedDevil

Takes a nice corner.
Very involved and gets himself into good positions.
Switched the play to Dalot in the build-up to the goal.
Promising signs.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Got better as the half went on. Hopefully a sign he's starting to settle in, hopefully see some more of his attacking game at some point

Nick7

Getting better as the games come. Enjoyed watching him in that first half.

DickDastardly

Shaw better get his blanket and tea brewing.....he'll be spending a lot of time on the bench.

This kid is going to cement his place on that left.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Young, but talented. He'll have his shit games as he gets used to the prem and I don't think he'll start over Shaw for this year, but the potential is clear IMO. Far better than Telles anyway.

TGod

Would be a nuisance to opposition players. The way he hounds them

mu4c_20le

He looked like an eager little kid. Nowhere near Evra lets be honest, but its still early days.

Krits

He played better in this game. You can see he is a very positive player. Will probably make mistakes early on in the PL. But there is definitely a player there.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Kid is a proper footballer. He's got touch and can execute under pressure. Impressive. His defense isn't quite up to his technical level. He can play proper football, a better footballer than Shaw but not quite the defender yet.

RuudTom83

I felt he looked better with the better players...which is what you want to see! early days still but I like the look of him.

El Jefe

I look at him as a project. I see it taking him 6-18 months to really get to grips playing for us and also in the PL. For now at least he's a better option than Telles and you can see how he fits into EtH's tactical setup.

largelyworried

Happy enough with that performance. Good cross in the run up to the goal, got involved in advanced areas, didn't seem fazed in any way. There was one moment where he made a mistake near our corner flat that led to the opposition getting in a position to make a cross, and you could see his pace when he made the recovery to make a tackle. Obviously better if he hadnt made the mistake at all, but it still showed what he can do.

mu4c_20le

He made his debut against a City team that finished below Wigan, Charlton, Fulham, Middlesbrough etc in 15th.
Doesn't matter, they always bring it against us. He got a taste of the physicality and intensity that afternoon.

OmarUnited4ever

I look at him as a project. I see it taking him 6-18 months to really get to grips playing for us and also in the PL. For now at least he's a better option than Telles and you can see how he fits into EtH's tactical setup.
An astute observations which I agree with too, he'll need time, but early signs are promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.