Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looked pretty poor today, but it's whatever at this stage of course.

Nick7

Caught in possession a couple of times, and they closed him down well. Looks pacey though.

avgp_1

Didnt get a chance to go forward with Elanga not being a good enough outlet but confident against the press

criticalanalysis

Bit sloppy and not quite on it with the passes but you can tell he's physically up to it. I like what I see because he can only improve from here with more game time.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I quite liked him. You've got to add in the context of playing in a weakling side against a dominant side.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hasn't he just joined up with training?
Yes, he's had the longest season out of anyone in Europe. (played Euro u21, conference league qualifiers the previous summer and conference league final + nations league this summer).

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I quite liked him. You've got to add in the context of playing in a weakling side against a dominant side.
Exactly, hard to judge when mostly what he did was defend. Dalot and Shaw got to show what they could do with their wingers in offence, where I think is where Malacia would impress more.

mav_9me

Only saw last 15 min of 2nd half but thought his touch was very assured. Too small a sample but right away felt his touch is better than Telles.

Blood Mage

Looks better than Telles already but I don't think he's quite up to the task of displacing Shaw just yet. He looks a little bit raw and his positioning was sketchy at times.

Witchking

Lost the ball and raced to win it back. Something i have missed seeing this United team do consistently. Last player who really did that was Rooney.

Walters_19_MuFc

Looked a bit nervous and unsure of himself, which I guess is to be expected from a young player making his debut for United. Will certainly have better games.

Chief123

I’m not one to over react but give him a couple of months and I think he’ll be the best left back in the world.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yes, his only issue is injuries. Which admittedly is a big one.
It really isn't his only issue. He generally seems to have a fitness problem and can rarely ever put together consecutive games of good to high energy. He switches off when defending the far post. He doesn't close down crosses well (at all sometimes, even today if you go back and watch). He isn't the greatest in attack either. Generally he lacks intensity compared to the best modern fullbacks.

In my opinion.

Rossa

It really isn't his only issue. He generally seems to have a fitness problem and can rarely ever put together consecutive games of good to high energy. He switches off when defending the far post. He doesn't close down crosses well (at all sometimes, even today if you go back and watch). He isn't the greatest in attack either. Generally he lacks intensity compared to the best modern fullbacks.

In my opinion.
You are right. Positionally he’s way below what we should expect. He’s never close enough to his attacker. Far too many crosses coming in from his side.

Lewnited

Reasonable start, uses his body well and aims to retain possession most of the time. The most important thing is that he keeps me from having to see Telles at left back and for that reason, I'm happy to have him!

Abraxas

In my opinion.
I agree with this, Shaw has his flaws.

I think Shaw has real, genuine competition in this lad. I don't think ETH bought this guy to make up the numbers, he's someone clearly identified as a talent. Shaw may get a bit of credit for his experience at the club and Malacia needs to settle in, but I think it's going to be a battle for that spot.

Revaulx

Shaw is brilliant.
Not sure I’d go that far. His decision making and execution in the final third is disappointing compared to his great play bringing the ball up there. But I do think we look a better side with him in it.

I’m glad we’ve got Malacia though. We need proper cover for when he’s inevitably injured. Telles seems to have deteriorated since his first season.

Tavern in the town

Not sure I’d go that far. His decision making and execution in the final third is disappointing compared to his great play bringing the ball up there. But I do think we look a better side with him in it.

I’m glad we’ve got Malacia though. We need proper cover for when he’s inevitably injured. Telles seems to have deteriorated since his first season.
Shaw is very very good man. I’ll be the first to admit he was dogshit last season but I’m a massive fan. Even when he’s out of form our buildup is largely carried by him. Got to be the first name on the team sheet in any possession based system.

Olecurls99

Shaw is brilliant.
Shaw is brilliant. Agreed.

Even last year which was poor by his standards he was still one of the best full backs for assists, key passes, passes into the final 3rd, progressive passes and passes under pressure.

The year before he was the best full back in the league.

It's good that he has a capable stand in if he's injured but Malacia will have to go a bit to oust Shaw.

Revaulx

Shaw is very very good man. I’ll be the first to admit he was dogshit last season but I’m a massive fan. Even when he’s out of form our buildup is largely carried by him. Got to be the first name on the team sheet in any possession based system.
That is certainly true!

Though it’s also an indictment of how bad our buildup is otherwise: both down the right (AWB poor, no decent right sided attacker) and through the middle, despite having CDs that are supposed to be good on the ball.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Played in weak(ish) team and showed some stuff but Shaw is level above. No contest for me (for this season at least)

Mcking

He can run. That's already a massive plus having had to watch the likes of Telles and Wan-Bissaka last two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.