Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Great touch. And not afraid to use his right foot to pass (as seen with the first goal). And he gets up and down which is good.

saivet

I was impressed with him. He may not be a guaranteed starter but I'm glad we have someone like him who can actually compete with Shaw and we're not bricking it when Shaw gets injured or is out of form.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Malacia was much better today than he has been in previous games. Liked what I saw from him. Slowly growing into it. Hopefully more to come from the kid.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Interesting that he was on corners, didn't know he had that in his locker - even if it might just be that ETH wanted inswingers from both sides and he was the only left footer on the pitch aside from Fred.

Decent deliveries as well.

ti vu

Malacia was much better today than he has been in previous games. Liked what I saw from him. Slowly growing into it. Hopefully more to come from the kid.
Suffered previously to play with much weaker second string players. Let be honest, the quality gap is huge. Telles at LCB alone is visibly trouble for every defensive partners around. Iam worried about how we're gonna get rid of Telles now that he stank up so far in preseason

Betson

I don't think he is going to be a starter next season but he certainly looks a player with a lot of potential.

Ibi Dreams

He did well today, didn't look out of place and hardly set a foot wrong. Saw him taking up a number 9 position at one point in the match :lol:

Wing Attack Plan R

Let the caveats flow: it was pre-season, it was a friendly, it was against a Palace with only half their first team, etc., but Malacia looked like he didn't come to be Shaw's understudy. Malacia was more aggressive in the attack and more crucial to keeping the attack going, (including that right-footed cross over to Dalot that led to a goal) than Shaw's been in years. I like Shaw. I think he's been one of our better players, but we are now seeing what a 'modern' fullback does. Again, early days, but Malacia looked really good.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He looked good on the ball but was beaten once to easily for my liking.

rooney2009

He doesn’t look out of place and you would not be disappointed if he started ahead of Luke Shaw

SAF is the GOAT

Against top teams and top wingers it will be difficult for him.

I can't imagine him right now fighting toe to toe with players like Salah, Mahrez or Foden.

Donut

He looks to have great potential and confidence in his ability. Probably won’t displace Shaw this season but he will eventually.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's still raw but has the right attitude.

I'll have him start every europa game.

Abraxas

Took up some interesting narrow positions. Clearly operating on some specific instructions to do that but still managed to use the width of the pitch in the final third. He was very good on the ball but got beaten at least once pretty softly. Overall promising.

Nicklas

Been very impressed with him, even if you can tell he’s a bit raw. But man, does it feel nice to have a manager that can develop these kind of talents! Long time since we could say that.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I don't think that was a raw performance at all, he had a few sloppy moments yes, but overall impacted the game positively in many different ways.

Did struggle with Ebiowei in the 1 vs 1, couldnt get the better of him.

Ekeke

I don't think that was a raw performance at all, he had a few sloppy moments yes, but overall impacted the game positively in many different ways.

Eibowei was mostly taking on Fred who was doubling up with Malacia and engaging first. He went past Fred a couple of times with close control and skill

sillwuka

This boy looks seriously good.
We might have some actual competition for Shaw at left full.
He's got a right peg too, Shaw doesn't have that.
Mightily impressed with his ability on the ball.
Also seems to put the right weight on passes, i like what i see so far.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He needs time to get used to his team mates and new surroundings. But I think he will gradually improve the more he's involved. It was interesting to see him utilised as a inverted fullback, where he knew exactly where to position himself to form a back 3 against the opponent's transition and also contributed going forward. I think after about 10 plus games, we'll see a even better player.

Mr PG

Will be starting ahead of Shaw imo. Shaw and Mctominay need to be out of that team (how many other top 6 teams would play either Shaw or Mctominay as starters)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Shaw destroyer. You heard it first.
Shaw might have the talent but Malacia has both talent and grit. He's not very affected by social media which is a rarity these days where as Shaw have always made sure the previous managers know how he felt about them.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Agree with this. I don't see where the raw takes are coming from. Like you said, he had some sloppy moments but overall his performance was good, especially on the ball.

redcucumber

Shaw destroyer. You heard it first.
Shaw might have the talent but Malacia has both talent and grit. He's not very affected by social media which is a rarity these days where as Shaw have always made sure the previous managers know how he felt about them.
Shaw is definitely a bit sassy, agreed. Hopefully genuine stiff competition will be just what he needs to get that consistency there.

Blood Mage

Shaw is superior technically but Malacia is more of a 'modern' fullback in terms of his movement and the positions he takes up. So yes I could see him starting over Shaw on that basis.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He is only 22, 23 in august, i feel that he has a shy character and is not the type that will step in the first day and be a Zlatan type of person that will take all that space in the room. He will work hard, follow instructions, develop, fight for the badge and his teammates, respect the managers and people around the club and become a fan favorite. We need to remember that we got for a fee of 12m, that is nothing in today's market, we got the same money for Pereira that barely has had 1 good match in PL, so the expectations on him should not be to high, IF we can develop his defence and make him be LB more then a LWB that he is today and has been all his carrier then we have found ourselves a new Evra. I think ETH wants to use our fullbacks, when attacking, as a LM/RM. I think that we will use him and Dalot together in games where we are supposed to dominate the game. Something like this:

Dalot (Running up if possible but wide to stretch the midfield)- Varane - Martinez - Fred (Drops down)
Bruno (Follows up if possible and needed) - FDJ (Stays behind)
Antony - Sancho - Malacia
Martial (Ronaldo if he stays)

Or

Fred (Drops) - Varane - Martinez - Malacia (Running up if possible but wide to stretch the midfield)
Bruno (Follows up if possible and needed) - FDJ (Stays behind)
Dalot - Sancho - Antony
Martial (Ronaldo if he stays)

That is how he was used in Feyenoord (Malacia) and also what he spoke about in the interview with Sky Sports i think, when he talked about that ETH sees him as a extra LM. That is also why we need someone like FDJ in the middle how can use the advantage when we stretch out the opponents, someone who can drop down to pick up the ball and carry it up and cut throw opponents midfield and get the ball to the attackers (Dalot/Malacia), Bruno, Sancho, Antony (Or Rashford if dont buy Antony) and Martial (Or Ronaldo if he stays).

Not sure I made my point clear since my English is not the best, sorry for that.

I would prefer us buying not only Anthony but also getting Pau Torres and play Martinez as the CDM (where he is excellent, just watch the highlights on Youtube, even if YT doesnt always tells you everything because you mainly watch the best plays of the player). But if we could invest in Torres and Antony this window, i could see us winning Europa League, top 3 in PL and maybe even FA or the league cup.

-----------------DDG
Dalot Varane Torres Malacia
-----------Martinez FDJ
-----Antony Bruno Sancho
----------------Martial

I think we will score more goals with Antony, Bruno, Sancho, Martial, Rashford and hopefully if give Garnacho more chances then if we keep Ronaldo and keep playing all attacks through him.

Reactions: Sultan

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Seems a bit clumsy at times, but there are also promising signs. Overall I believe Shaw and him should cover the LB position pretty well.

Teja

I think he's a real bargain. Someone like him playing in the PL would be 30-40M easy.

Defensively he still doesn't convince me - seems to want to slide in quite a bit but I wonder if his familiarity with the inverted fullback role will give him the edge over Shaw.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really like him. He'll need time to adapt to the prem for sure, you can tell sometimes he's expecting to have more time, but it's not due to a lack of technique or physique or intensity. Just getting used to the pace and I don't think he'll have a problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.