UK Policing

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So at the pub i work at, next to it is something colloquially known as crack head corner. I'll let you work out why.

One of the ladies who frequent crackhead corner tried to enter my pub and was denied. She started to punch one of my bouncers, then proceeded to throw the wine she was drinking on said corner over myself and the bouncer.

Police were called, and it turns out she stole that bottle of wine from the Tesco's across the road half an earlier (shock).

The police arrive, take our details, speak to her for about 10/15 minutes, and let her go on her way. Within minutes she's back on the corner drinking her stolen wine.

Can anyone make that make sense? @TheReligion ?
So going on from this, she came back in yesterday. Assaulted other customers, assaulted members of the management team. Police were again called. She sat on the floor for an hour where they gave her the option of literally going home or going to jail.

She stood up and kicked one of them in the balls. He then decks her and drags her out the pub.

All a bit of a pisstake really. None of them want to deal with her until she assaults one of them. The met are truly awful.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Pretty pathetic, even for a PCSO.

hp88

Some serious allegations here, there’s a report on it being aired on their 7PM show tonight.

Drainy

More than 1,000 Metropolitan Police officers are currently suspended or on restricted duties, the force has said, as it tries to root out rogue officers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66842521
Literally no doubt that it's long overdue, whoever oversaw the inaction of letting the culture fester is also responsible for the next scandal of the low quality and inexperienced replacements..

Expect that over the next few years and beyond

Sara125

Apparently there are around 34,000 met officers…so essentially 1/34 is a wrong’un. But but…I thought it was just a few bad apples?

Duafc

Village Lemon
Apparently there are around 34,000 met officers…so essentially 1/34 is a wrong’un. But but…I thought it was just a few bad apples?
Is it implied that those on restricted duties are only being counted if they are on those duties due to disciplinary/misconduct proceedings?

Ie. Not just restricted due to injury etc.?

Crazy numbers.

I try to view it as the problem finally being taken seriously and actually combatted, but it's a bad, bad look, even through that lense of trying to fix the issue.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Why was the last post deleted? As I think it talked about this

Is it implied that those on restricted duties are only being counted if they are on those duties due to disciplinary/misconduct proceedings?

Ie. Not just restricted due to injury etc.?
And I’d also like to know the answer to it.

AFC NimbleThumb

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/armed-police-protest-after-chris-kaba-murder-charge/

One of the rare times one of their own get held accountable by the judiciary system for their unlawful actions and they react by throwing their toys out of the pram
Happens a lot with American forever, an absolute shambles from the Met that won’t get the publicity it deserves. Perfect example showing a lot of these people don’t do it for the communities they are meant to serve but for their own egos. Definition of a dereliction of duty.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/armed-police-protest-after-chris-kaba-murder-charge/

One of the rare times one of their own get held accountable by the judiciary system for their unlawful actions and they react by throwing their toys out of the pram
A gangster (did 4 years for firearms offences, known member of a drill gang) going around doing gangster things (driving a car linked to gun crime, refusing to stop, ramming a police car) is hardly a black and white case of unlawful force.

Sara125

A gangster (did 4 years for firearms offences, known member of a drill gang) going around doing gangster things (driving a car linked to gun crime, refusing to stop, ramming a police car) is hardly a black and white case of unlawful force.
I believe they were the ones who rammed his car to enclose him within theirs, no? In any case, he didn’t know it was a police car and they didn’t know who was in it…just executed him at point blank range then stole his Rolex watch to boot. Hope this helps.

I believe they were the ones who rammed his car to enclose him within theirs, no? In any case, he didn’t know it was a police car and they didn’t know who was in it…just executed him at point blank range then stole his Rolex watch to boot. Hope this helps.
Multiple cars were chasing him and he refused to stop. There was even a helicopter ffs. When they boxed him in he rammed them and after ignoring orders to get out of the car I believe 8 times he was then shot.

Sara125

Multiple cars were chasing him and he refused to stop. There was even a helicopter ffs. When they boxed him in he rammed them and after ignoring orders to get out of the car I believe 8 times he was then shot.
Where did you get helicopter? genuinely asking as I haven’t heard that being part of the situation? Also it was not a police pursuit per se, this was literally debunked last year not long after it happened. The cars, unbeknownst to him, following him were unmarked and had no lights or sirens.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I do understand turning your gun in if there’s no financial incentive to carry one. A lot of potential pitfalls and no gain. Though I’m not really on about this current situation

Can you link me to this? As I read that it happened very differently so I’d like to read your source and get more informed.

Where did you get helicopter? genuinely asking as I haven’t heard that being part of the situation? Also it was not a police pursuit per se, this was literally debunked last year not long after it happened. The cars, unbeknownst to him, following him were unmarked and had no lights or sirens.
The police said at the time the family may be allowed to see the helicopter footage of the shooting and witnesses all talked about it. You can also see from the aerial footage that marked cars boxed him in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62810454

Maybe there's better sources but I'm searching on a phone.

AFC NimbleThumb

Proof again why minorities need to rethink their fandom of this club, haven’t been to OT since George Floyd & certainly don’t see that changing anytime soon.

The police’s job is not to execute ‘gangsters’. Funny you mention the case not being black & white cause it certainly seems so.

Proof again why minorities need to rethink their fandom of this club, haven’t been to OT since George Floyd & certainly don’t see that changing anytime soon.

The police’s job is not to execute ‘gangsters’. Funny you mention the case not being black & white cause it certainly seems so.
Not really sure what the Met Police has to do with Old Trafford?

AFC NimbleThumb

Not really sure what the Met Police has to do with Old Trafford?
Not the Met police but the fans I’d be sharing the stadium with, not surprising that went over your head resulting in such a far from the mark response based on your posts in here.

Get back to justifying police shooting ‘gangsters’ based on previous ‘gangster’ activity.

Not the Met police but the fans I’d be sharing the stadium with, not surprising that went over your head resulting in such a far from the mark response based on your posts in here.

Get back to justifying police shooting ‘gangsters’ based on previous ‘gangster’ activity.
I suspected it might have been an immature comment like that. Never mind then.

AFC NimbleThumb

I suspected it might have been an immature comment like that. Never mind then.
From the poster dropping gems such as these. . .
Never mind indeed. . .

Ludens the Red

This is an ongoing live court case. It shouldn’t really be getting discussed with these implications. What is astonishing is that between the Police, Crown prosecution service, Independent office for police conduct and the family of Chris Kaba there has been no inner linear details of the case released to the public yet people on the internet are able to decipher exactly what took place. The only bits of information released were by news outlets taken from unsubstantiated witnesses at the scene of which there were many contradictions.
Let the jury do their part….. and stop with the nonsense speculating.

Also I’m not a spokesperson for @11101 but implying anything he said as being racist or that he’s suggested police should assassinate gangsters is utterly bizarre.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is an ongoing live court case. It shouldn’t really be getting discussed with these implications. What is astonishing is that between the Police, Crown prosecution service, Independent office for police conduct and the family of Chris Kaba there has been no inner linear details of the case released to the public yet people on the internet are able to decipher exactly what took place. The only bits of information released were by news outlets taken from unsubstantiated witnesses at the scene of which there were many contradictions.

Also I’m not a spokesperson for @11101 but implying anything he said as being racist or that he’s suggested police should assassinate gangsters is utterly bizarre.
The opening police statement has been published online.

Ludens the Red

The opening police statement has been published online.
I don’t mean that. That’s essentially just a statement of facts and is vague. I’m talking about the actual detail of events (evidence) where the jury can actually determine whether it was lawful force or murder. You can’t decipher that from that statement.

Last edited:

You should know that in this forum anything that dares support police or the government means you might as well have pulled the trigger yourself.

This is not the US, firearms officers are very highly trained. They have a difficult job to do in places like London and so far no firearms officer has ever been convicted of murder or manslaughter.

Fergies Gum

Well just maybe you should not try to ram your car into a group of people identifying themselves as armed police.

AFC NimbleThumb

Well just maybe you should not try to ram your car into a group of people identifying themselves as armed police.
You don’t need to trawl too deep into the internet to find multiple instances where ramming/assaulting police in the UK doesn’t end in a fatality but this is the General section on the Caf so the end justifies the means.

Is ramming the police wrong? Yes.

Is pulling the trigger in what ends in a fatal shot based on nothing short of an overreaction wrong? Yes.

It’s genuinely perverse how any time something like this happens certain posters will fall over themselves to justify misconduct. If someone is performing criminal acts I want them locked up, should said acts be truly despicable throw away the key but saying ‘maybe you shouldn’t ram your car blah blah blah’ as if ramming the car into police in anyway justified what occurred is beyond callous.
I’m not a spokesperson for then goes on to speak for another poster so let’s discuss. . .

Who’s called him racist? Didn’t take long for that strawman to appear.

How do you read a post like below yet find a non-existent accusation of racism in a response. Let’s dissect.

A gangster. A rather deliberate descriptive, I’m going to give you the benefit of good faith & say we both know why the term ‘a man’, ‘a person’ etc. wasn’t used.

He served 4 years for firearms offences. Yet having been released would mean he’s served his time. How is this relevant to the shooting? It isn’t, it’s another red herring to subvert the issue.

Going around doing gangster things. What does that even mean?

Driving a car linked to gun crime but alas no gun in the car at the time. Should they arrest anyone that has a £20 note with cocaine residue on it with intention to supply. . .

Ramming a police car. Since when has that ever been a death sentence.

The police’s job is not to execute ‘gangsters’.’ really isn’t a trivial sentence. You finding an accusation of racism, that isn’t even made an issue yet nothing wrong with the post above is what is bizarre.

You should know that in this forum anything that dares support police or the government means you might as well have pulled the trigger yourself.
You are now positioning yourself as a victim, the irony.

No one is worried about you pulling a trigger, you’d be more of a danger to yourself.

Sara125

This is not the US, firearms officers are very highly trained. They have a difficult job to do in places like London
Every altercation between an armed officer and a civilian does not always end in fatality nor has to.

Also, no one was acting as if you might as well have pulled the trigger but as another poster has highlighted your language was very coded, and your reasons for seemingly justifying the shooting make no sense.

Every altercation between an armed officer and a civilian does not always end in fatality nor has to.

Also, no one was acting as if you might as well have pulled the trigger but as another poster has highlighted your language was very coded, and your reasons for seemingly justifying the shooting make no sense.
Quite. There were 18,000 firearms callouts last year in the UK. 4 shots were fired. That shows how restrained they really are.

Still, if you are going to put yourself in that car, ignore commands from a police officer pointing a rifle at you, and attempt to ram a police car, don't be surprised when in the heat of the moment they see you as an imminent threat.

Ludens the Red

You don’t need to trawl too deep into the internet to find multiple instances where ramming/assaulting police in the UK doesn’t end in a fatality but this is the General section on the Caf so the end justifies the means.

Is ramming the police wrong? Yes.

Is pulling the trigger in what ends in a fatal shot based on nothing short of an overreaction wrong? Yes.

It’s genuinely perverse how any time something like this happens certain posters will fall over themselves to justify misconduct. If someone is performing criminal acts I want them locked up, should said acts be truly despicable throw away the key but saying ‘maybe you shouldn’t ram your car blah blah blah’ as if ramming the car into police in anyway justified what occurred is beyond callous.

I’m not a spokesperson for then goes on to speak for another poster so let’s discuss. . .

Who’s called him racist? Didn’t take long for that strawman to appear.

How do you read a post like below yet find a non-existent accusation of racism in a response. Let’s dissect.

A gangster. A rather deliberate descriptive, I’m going to give you the benefit of good faith & say we both know why the term ‘a man’, ‘a person’ etc. wasn’t used.

He served 4 years for firearms offences. Yet having been released would mean he’s served his time. How is this relevant to the shooting? It isn’t, it’s another red herring to subvert the issue.

Going around doing gangster things. What does that even mean?

Driving a car linked to gun crime but alas no gun in the car at the time. Should they arrest anyone that has a £20 note with cocaine residue on it with intention to supply. . .

The police’s job is not to execute ‘gangsters’.’ really isn’t a trivial sentence. You finding an accusation of racism, that isn’t even made an issue yet nothing wrong with the post above is what is bizarre.

You are now positioning yourself as a victim, the irony.

No one is worried about you pulling a trigger, you’d be more of a danger to yourself.

Honestly I think you're barking up the wrong tree here with all of this. The reason I assumed a racial implication was because you said in response to his post that minorities should re think their fandom of the club and that you wouldn't go to Old Trafford. Why would minorities need to rethink their fandom of the club based on what he posted if you're not suggesting there were racial undertones to what he said ?

Ironically he responded to a post that flat out labelled the case as unlawful murder, even though as I said in a post earlier that is still to be determined either way and therefore nobody should be making these claims. His response in itself was also suggestive but he did at least state "is hardly a black and white case of unlawful force".
I thought Fergies Gum post was far more along the lines of drawing conclusions when one shouldn't be doing so. And your comment of 'funny you mention the case not being black and white cause it certainly seems so'. is another unfounded and unsubstantiated comment on the case.
I mean the armed officers' identity remains secret, nobody even knows what race he is. He could be white, asian, black, mixed race, nobody knows. You're questioning the posts in here that are suggesting the police force used was lawful (which is fine to do if you're happy to accept it works both ways) but then you're turning around and implying the shooting was an over reaction but you don't have the full version of events.

Everyone is jumping down each others throats when when we still have absolutely no idea what fully transpired that night nor what the outcome at court will be and i'm surprised its happening on here considering how fecking fussy they get on here about court cases when it involves a footballer.

The Purley King

Just quoting a few parts of your post.

If the police know the guy who is driving the car has form for armed robbery of course that will influence how they will assess that risk, that is entirely reasonable.

Add that to the fact the car he was driving was linked to arms related offences in the recent past.

Guy completely didn’t listen to any sort of instruction from armed police. Rammed a police car.

There comes a point where in football parlance, you give the referee a decision to make.

I’m not saying this won’t end in a Conviction for the copper involved but based on what we know are facts it doesn’t seem unreasonable to me at this point.
Guess we’ll find out (or not).
Edit — if any of the above aren’t actually facts then will happily revisit my opinion

Last edited:

arnie_ni

What have George floyd and man united got in common?

Edit I've see you've since answered.

Drainy

Just quoting a few parts of your post.

If the police know the guy who is driving the car has form for armed robbery of course that will influence how they will assess that risk, that is entirely reasonable.

Add that to the fact the car he was driving was linked to arms related offences in the recent past.

Guy completely didn’t listen to any sort of instruction from armed police. Rammed a police car.

There comes a point where in football parlance, you give the referee a decision to make.

I’m not saying this won’t end in a Conviction for the copper involved but based on what we know are facts it doesn’t seem unreasonable to me at this point.
Guess we’ll find out (or not).
Edit — if any of the above aren’t actually facts then will happily revisit my opinion
Don't really know enough about this case to comment but something about your post irked me. Reads like 'fecked about and found out' or the usual 'should have followed the police instructions'

Ramming the car would only be relevant to the shooting if the shot was taken while doing so and an officer was inside. That would make all the gun and gangster stuff mentioned irrelevant.

If the shot was fired because the officer thought he had a gun and shot to prevent an officer being shot, the personal stuff would be relevant only if he knew it at the time like you said, but also he'd have to have a reason to believe he'd drawn the gun, not just guessed so based on speculation or 'at some point he has to make a decision' if he's refusing to comply.