UK Policing

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Sara125

Tbf I don’t think the officer’s knee was exactly on his neck, HOWEVER, why did it take 3 officers? Also, the OP mentions somewhere down the thread that the video was the first the mum was finding out about her son’s whereabouts…from what I have read, the police must inform the parents of anyone 17 and under of his/her arrest at the earliest available chance…

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just seen a video of the met shooting and killing two dogs and tasering a man.

Allegedly the dogs attacked a woman.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
MET police shooting two dogs. Disgusting, especially considering one was restrained and they let it go, presumably so they could shoot it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
You could make a thread like this for all police forces around the world. Unfortunately there are a lot of people with ASPD on the authority forces, and this culture of "blaming the snitch" on western culture doesn't help for things to improve.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

Good piece by George Monbiot in today's Guardian. We really have given up everything.

The coronation arrests are just the start. Police can do what they want to us now

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/may/12/coronation-protest-arrests-police
I don't agree with that. We needed those laws enacted because we had too many minority interest groups taking the piss with their protests. The Met Police are just abusing those laws as they do many others.

I also disagree with the headline about the laws shutting down effective protests. Effective protests have always been outside the law.

Sweet Square

Police admit following e-bike before crash that killed Cardiff teenagers

Police are facing serious questions and community anger after taking almost 24 hours to admit potential involvement in the pursuit of two teenagers, whose deaths sparked riots in Cardiff.

Kyrees Sullivan, 16, and Harvey Evans, 15, were killed in the Ely area of the city just after 6pm on Monday, minutes after CCTV footage appeared to show them being followed by a police van as they rode together on an e-bike.

The incident provoked a night of violent disorder, with 15 police officers wounded in clashes with local residents. Rioters claimed they had gathered to pay respect to the dead boys before clashing with officers from South Wales police.

On Tuesday morning, the local police and crime commissioner blamed the unrest on false “rumours” on social media about police involvement in the boys’ deaths.

But on Tuesday afternoon CCTV footage, time-stamped at 5.59pm on Monday, emerged showing a police van following an e-bike on Frank Road, about half a mile from Snowden Road where the boys crashed less than four minutes later.

At a press conference after the emergence of the video clip, Ch Supt Martyn Stone of South Wales police announced that the force had referred itself to the police watchdog over the incident.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...as-pursuing-teenagers-in-cardiff-force-admits

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Police admit following e-bike before crash that killed Cardiff teenagers
Yet another case of the Police lies. And if the CCTV footage had not been released, they would have got away with it.
Bloody good job it was shown of the police van 'following' those young boys on the electric bike.

And the police claim that they are policing 'by consent'

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yet another case of the Police lies. And if the CCTV footage had not been released, they would have got away with it.
Bloody good job it was shown of the police van 'following' those young boys on the electric bike.

And the police claim that they are policing 'by consent'
Pretty sure this is just police terminology. Technically they were 'following' or 'pursuing' the bike simply by being behind them on a road. Even a super slow crawl along the road behind another vehicle is called a pursuit. @TheReligion might be able to confirm if this is true or just bullshit I've heard.

Regardless, the map in that article paints more of a picture. They weren't following them at the time of the incident.

Maybe it's because of my experience of folk on these bikes tearing up roads, swerving through traffic, going over zerba crossings when little kids are already walking over, jumping onto pathways almost hitting folk, tearing up the grass in parks that they drive through, but I couldn't give a shit about these two dickheads dying. They weren't little angels. I'm sorry, but feck them.

Pretty sure this is just police terminology. Technically they were 'following' or 'pursuing' the bike simply by being behind them on a road. Even a super slow crawl along the road behind another vehicle is called a pursuit. @TheReligion might be able to confirm if this is true or just bullshit I've heard.

Regardless, the map in that article paints more of a picture. They weren't following them at the time of the incident.

Maybe it's because of my experience of folk on these bikes tearing up roads, swerving through traffic, going over zerba crossings when little kids are already walking over, jumping onto pathways almost hitting folk, tearing up the grass in parks that they drive through, but I couldn't give a shit about these two dickheads dying. They weren't little angels. I'm sorry, but feck them.
I don't get it. They were trying to do a runner and crashed. Why exactly has that set off riots?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don't get it. They were trying to do a runner and crashed. Why exactly has that set off riots?
Because they're martyrs to a cause. The right to do whatever you want without consequence. Their noble families, probably all graduates from the University of LYFxoxoxox, felt it was their right to start burning cars. It may have negatively impacted their neighbours but I'm sure they never give them much thought at the best of times either.

Sorry, I'm a bit fragile with this sort of shit right now. They're everywhere around here through all hours of the night. Just little chav cnuts who think the world is their personal playground. I might go and have a cup of tea.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

That's a lot of hatred for literal dead children.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That's a lot of hatred for literal dead children.
That's a very rudimentary way to take my point. Am I sorry for their parents? Absolutely. Do I think they were angels like the media have tried to paint them as? Absolutely not. Do I know first hand what these kids are like on these bikes? Yup. Am I currently affected in real life by folk like this and it's definitely affecting my opinion on the entire situation? Yup. That you could look at the things I've mentioned and not understand how those things could affect a person's outlook or sympathy just shows a lack of empathy that you claim I don't have. Maybe we're both cnuts, who knows.

Am I annoyed that the entire focus of this story is the police following a vehicle, about twenty seconds behind it, not actually in a chase. But somehow the entire press are saying that the police are solely to blame for these deaths? That the kids were innocent victims? Yeah.

Check the video on here, taken a minute before their crash and the police van turned off the road. Tell me how the crash is the police's fault.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...how-police-following-e-bike-just-before-crash

The police lied. Without a doubt. But in the grand scheme of things why is that the story here?!

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
That's a very rudimentary way to take my point. Am I sorry for their parents? Absolutely. Do I think they were angels like the media have tried to paint them as? Absolutely not. Do I know first hand what these kids are like on these bikes? Yup. Am I currently affected in real life by folk like this and it's definitely affecting my opinion on the entire situation? Yup.
Hotel? Trivago.

Where are the media painting them out as angels? Genuine question ive not seen that.

"I couldn't give a shit about these two dickheads dying. They weren't little angels. I'm sorry, but feck them." you say rudimentary, but If you saw a similar post in the rolf harris thread, you'd probably think fair enough. This is literally about dead children though....

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hotel? Trivago.

Where are the media painting them out as angels? Genuine question ive not seen that.

"I couldn't give a shit about these two dickheads dying. They weren't little angels. I'm sorry, but feck them." you say rudimentary, but If you saw a similar post in the rolf harris thread, you'd probably think fair enough. This is literally about dead children though....
Don't take my words out of context. You selectively missed out the previous sentences, hence why you're making it look like my point was a simple "feck em". I've already said that my own experiences negatively affect how I feel about folk like this.

"Maybe it's because of my experience of folk on these bikes tearing up roads, swerving through traffic, going over zerba crossings when little kids are already walking over, jumping onto pathways almost hitting folk, tearing up the grass in parks that they drive through, but I couldn't give a shit about these two dickheads dying. They weren't little angels. I'm sorry, but feck them."

Not sure why you've brought up Rolf fecking Harris of all folk though

Last edited:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Regardless of justification, those are pretty heartless comments.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Don't take my words out of context. You selectively missed out the previous sentences, hence why you're making it look like my point was a simple "feck em". I've already said that my own experiences negatively affect how I feel about folk like this.

"Maybe it's because of my experience of folk on these bikes tearing up roads, swerving through traffic, going over zerba crossings when little kids are already walking over, jumping onto pathways almost hitting folk, tearing up the grass in parks that they drive through, but I couldn't give a shit about these two dickheads dying. They weren't little angels. I'm sorry, but feck them."

Not sure why you've brought up Rolf fecking Harris of all folk though
Nothings out of context, adding in they ripped out grass from a park doesn't make what you just said any better. I think you're struggling with the concept that these aren't gown adults, theyre literally 15 and 16. They are dead children. As someone said, regardless of the justification, it's completely heartless comments, also ill timed and completely lacking any sort of empathy. If you think swerving through traffic justifies those comments you seriously need to give your head a wobble.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nothings out of context, adding in they ripped out grass from a park doesn't make what you just said any better. I think you're struggling with the concept that these aren't gown adults, theyre literally 15 and 16. They are dead children. As someone said, regardless of the justification, it's completely heartless comments, also ill timed and completely lacking any sort of empathy. If you think swerving through traffic justifies those comments you seriously need to give your head a wobble.
You're right. I'll go and have a think about what I said. Any personal reasons I have aren't really worth feck all in the greater context of lost life. Apologies to anyone who was upset or annoyed by my words.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Understood. But remember. He said that there were no police in that area at the time of the incident.

Ludens the Red

Last line “The U.K. laws are weak and that’s not my fault”…. Oh how right he is and in 2023 that’s why we have a large number of teenagers behaving lawlessly day in day out. Terrible decision putting him on television too. Hardly a deterrent.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Last line “The U.K. laws are weak and that’s not my fault”…. Oh how right he is and in 2023 that’s why we have a large number of teenagers behaving lawlessly day in day out. Terrible decision putting him on television too. Hardly a deterrent.
I've said it in the other thread but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a right-wing plant.

gormless

Nick Price, Head of the Special Crime and Counter Terrorism Division at the CPS, said: “We have authorised charges against Superintendent Novlett Robyn Williams, 58, for five offences relating to breaches of notification requirements.

“The charges follow an investigation by officers at the Metropolitan Police’s Central West Command Unit that began in 2022.

"The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Supt Williams are active and that she has the right to a fair trial.

“It is extremely important there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.”

The function of the CPS is not to decide whether a person is guilty of a criminal offence, but to make fair, independent and objective assessments about whether it is appropriate to present charges for a criminal court to consider.

The CPS assessment of any case is not in any sense a finding of, or implication of, any guilt or criminal conduct. It is not a finding of fact, which can only be made by a court, but rather an assessment of what it might be possible to prove to a court, in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors.

Notes to editors
Novlett Robyn Williams will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on 16 June.
The charges are that contrary to section 91(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 2022:
• On 22 November 2019 failed without reasonable excuse to notify the Metropolitan Police of the information required by section 83(5) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and Regulation 12(5) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (Notification Requirements) (England and Wales) Regulations 2012, namely the details of a credit card account.
• On 22 November 2019 failed without reasonable excuse to notify the Metropolitan Police of the information required by section 83(5) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and Regulation 12(7) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (Notification Requirements) (England and Wales) Regulations 2012, namely the credit card number, validation date and expiry date of a credit card held.
• On 8 March 2020 failed without reasonable excuse to notify the Metropolitan Police of the information required by section 84(1)(ca) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and Regulation 13(3) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (Notification Requirements) (England and Wales) Regulations 2012, namely the details of the bank account you had opened on 6 March 2020.
• On 24 June 2021 failed without reasonable excuse to notify the Metropolitan Police of the information required by section 84(1)(ca) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and Regulation 13(3) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (Notification Requirements)(England and Wales) Regulations 2012, namely the details of the debit card issued to you on 22 June 2021.
• On or before the 11 December 2021 failed without reasonable excuse to notify the Metropolitan Police of the information required by section 86(2) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and Regulation 6 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (Travel Notification Requirements) Regulations 2004, namely the details of your travel outside the United Kingdom between 11 and 19 December 2021.
The CPS Special Crime Division deals with the most complex and sensitive cases in England and Wales including disasters, serious criminal allegations against police officers, corporate manslaughter and election offences.

It always pisses me off beyond belief that there is a registered sex offender working in the Police

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So at the pub i work at, next to it is something colloquially known as crack head corner. I'll let you work out why.

One of the ladies who frequent crackhead corner tried to enter my pub and was denied. She started to punch one of my bouncers, then proceeded to throw the wine she was drinking on said corner over myself and the bouncer.

Police were called, and it turns out she stole that bottle of wine from the Tesco's across the road half an earlier (shock).

The police arrive, take our details, speak to her for about 10/15 minutes, and let her go on her way. Within minutes she's back on the corner drinking her stolen wine.

Can anyone make that make sense? @TheReligion ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
After watching a lot of TV, I reckon people like this are chosen for these positions because the people that put them there know and value the leverage it gives them.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
After watching a lot of TV, I reckon people like this are chosen for these positions because the people that put them there know and value the leverage it gives them.
Undoubtedly, you see it in multiple industries.