Film Uncharted - The Movie

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So it's not an Uncharted movie. Nathan Drake isn't like Nathan Drake it's pretty much Tom Holland doing his usual schtick, Sully isn't anything like Sully and whoever is Chloe does a shoddy attempt at an Australian accent that starts off British. There's barely any buildings/trains/ships that just fall apart with Nate getting thrown about which is like 70% of the games. It's just another movie with francise name stuck on it to help sell.

Saying all that, it's not very good. Pretty run of the mill for the most part, one or two jokes are funny, the only semi interesting action sequence was the one lifted straight from Uncharted 3 but with dodgy wire work. It climaxes absurdly with two helicopters carrying a giant wooden ship each chasing each, yet it manages to be kinda tame. Also everyone is really young. Nate I think is supposed to be 30 but Tom Holland has such a baby face, there's a mercenary leader who is 20 and Chloe apparently has a long past with Sully, but is again like 20.
Important question; is it more boring and derivative than Assassin's Creed? Because I barely got through that movie without wanting to cry. Taking solid source material and then just shitting out a film as if it was made by nobody who actually cared.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Important question; is it more boring and derivative than Assassin's Creed? Because I barely got through that movie without wanting to cry.
I dunno as I avoided the Assassin's Creed movie because of how terrible it looked. I only watched this one as I get free tickets.

ChrisNelson

Average at best.

Gets caught up in its own hype, just ploughs on without a proper explanation of the plot, you have to guess/ assume half of it.

Won’t live long in the memory, and as someone who loved the National Treasure films it just felt a bit of a letdown.

RedDevilRoshi

Went to see it this evening. Thought it was not bad. I personally thought it would be a hell lot worse considering movies that are based on video games never turn out that well imo but it wasn't anything near as bad as I anticipated. Plus the casting not being to my liking particularly Mark Wahlberg as Sully - I still stand by that though. There was an Uncharted 3 link in the movie with the plane scene and an Uncharted 4 link when Nate is with Sam at the orphanage but other than that nothing much else that I can remember linking it to the games. It has its own story and I'd advise not to go in expecting it to be like for like in the video games series.

The two post credit scenes indicate that their will be a sequel to this.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not surprised it isn't great. Casting looked off from a mile away.

Minkaro

I quite liked it. I had to kind of separate it from the games, because as an adaptation of the games it’s not great (it’s not Uncharted for me without monsters showing up right at the end).

But on its own merit, it’s pretty fun. Nice light-hearted way to spend an evening.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just watched, I thought it was great. Keeps the same feeling/spirit of the games on the big screen. Would watch again.

Sylar

I enjoyed the movie
Didn't play the game but it was a fun movie to watch

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This was so crap :lol:

A by the numbers action flick that uses the Uncharted name but has characters that barely resemble those from the series. Chloe’s accent is all over the place. Was she meant to be Australian?

Some of the dialogue was incredibly clunky. The initial meeting of Sully and Nate was just bizarre :lol: and corny lines like “you didn’t say please”. I could’ve written this shit.

Then you’ve just got stupid shit happening like them travelling underground for ages, through the back of a club wall (?) and down into this place not visited for 200 years… but also Sully can shout down through a drain on the street. Or Banderas getting his throat slit and there just being a nice neat line, no other blood whatsoever from those sliced arteries. Or Chloe stealing a key from a backpack without even going near it.

Something like this doesn’t have to be a masterpiece. I was ready and happy to watch a throwaway action film with roots to the game but this just wasn’t good. There’s clearly not been any attention to detail and it’s just been thrown together in the most generic way possible. Predictable cliche after cliche. You could call out exactly how a scene would go and it would be dead on. Feels like it was written by an AI that was fed 90s action film scripts.

big rons sovereign

A by the numbers action flick that uses the Uncharted name but has characters that barely resemble those from the series. Chloe’s accent is all over the place. Was she meant to be Australian?

Some of the dialogue was incredibly clunky. The initial meeting of Sully and Nate was just bizarre :lol: and corny lines like “you didn’t say please”. I could’ve written this shit.

Then you’ve just got stupid shit happening like them travelling underground for ages, through the back of a club wall (?) and down into this place not visited for 200 years… but also Sully can shout down through a drain on the street. Or Banderas getting his throat slit and there just being a nice neat line, no other blood whatsoever from those sliced arteries. Or Chloe stealing a key from a backpack without even going near it.

Something like this doesn’t have to be a masterpiece. I was ready and happy to watch a throwaway action film with roots to the game but this just wasn’t good. There’s clearly not been any attention to detail and it’s just been thrown together in the most generic way possible. Predictable cliche after cliche. You could call out exactly how a scene would go and it would be dead on. Feels like it was written by an AI that was fed 90s action film scripts.
The casting of wahlberg is just bizarre.

SirAnderson

I just posted earlier today about it in the movie review thread, and I agree. So many things you have to just go, "really??". All those things you pointed out had me too. Add to that how they got those super old boats perfectly under the nets in and all happens in minute :lol:

How Banderas father declares he's giving he's fortune away, get's murdered and, just nothing. Oh and then Banderas gets himself killed as well and Braddock now just has it all for herself.

Proper crap honestly, and like you say, doesn't have to be a 8 or a 10 even, a proper 6 is what I expected, and got a 2 at best 3.

Drawfull

At least they gave Wahlberg a moustache in the post credits bit. I didn't expect miracles either, but it's laughably bad. And whoever was in charge of the props department needs to go and have a look at some gold. The stuff in Bellatrix Lestrange's vault sounded and behaved more believably than the shit here.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
The part where they were arguing about their height sent me straight to google. They are both of average height and not that short but they look it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
How Banderas father declares he's giving he's fortune away, get's murdered and, just nothing. Oh and then Banderas gets himself killed as well and Braddock now just has it all for herself.

Inheritance works on conkers rules, right?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I didn't have any expectations because it was never gonna replicate the great gaming franchise. With those parameters set in my mind, I enjoyed all the easter eggs for all the various Uncharted games

big rons sovereign

I didn't have any expectations because it was never gonna replicate the great gaming franchise. With those parameters set in my mind, I enjoyed all the easter eggs for all the various Uncharted games
Reckon I'm gonna have to fire up the PlayStation again.
Now I think of it, I've still not finished Dad of Boy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Even as a standalone movie it was bad tbf.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was fine. Exactly the type off movie I was expecting I don't know wtf some of you were expecting?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well it wasn't shit. Wasn't that good either.

Tom Holland provides some emotion to the role by primarily getting ragdolled around a lot. Wahlberg is in full high eyebrows and voice mode for the majority of the time. He has one or two moments where he has some genuine humour, which accounts for the one or two moments in the entire film that are funny.

As far as a game/movie crossover it wasn't offensive, I'll give it that. I don't mind that the film was "original" apart from four character names and one set piece. If you take it as an origin story then it's fine that the characters are different from the games (and you ignore the actual origin story from U3). It looks like it did enough at the box office to warrant a sequel so hopefully they go full on treasure hunt, or full on action, and not dip their toes in like they did for most of this film.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well it wasn't shit. Wasn't that good either.

Tom Holland provides some emotion to the role by primarily getting ragdolled around a lot. Wahlberg is in full high eyebrows and voice mode for the majority of the time. He has one or two moments where he has some genuine humour, which accounts for the one or two moments in the entire film that are funny.

As far as a game/movie crossover it wasn't offensive, I'll give it that. I don't mind that the film was "original" apart from four character names and one set piece. If you take it as an origin story then it's fine that the characters are different from the games (and you ignore the actual origin story from U3). It looks like it did enough at the box office to warrant a sequel so hopefully they go full on treasure hunt, or full on action, and not dip their toes in like they did for most of this film.
Think I’ll watch this tonight

mu4c_20le

I thought it was very forgettable. People who like Holland should enjoy it as he's basically Peter Parker again. Not much wrong with it but I'd rather watch a Rock movie if I wanted mindless fun.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It was so forgettable. Beyond that plane scene I don't think I remember much from it.

Sylar

I thought it was very forgettable. People who like Holland should enjoy it as he's basically Peter Parker again. Not much wrong with it but I'd rather watch a Rock movie if I wanted mindless fun.
Very forgettable. I only remember one scene properly and it's the one mentioned here

It was so forgettable. Beyond that plane scene I don't think I remember much from it.
Basically the only one I can think of. I remember thinking it was ok after watching it and had no issues with it (then again I'm not an unchartered big fan so had nothing to base it on)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Speaking of forgettable; why was the music so shite? You have the great Ramin Djawadi composing the score and it's nothing but shitty electro-rock pap that meanders throughout the entire movie. The only decent part of the score was when the actual Uncharted theme kicks in five minutes before the end of the film, and all it does is make you go "Oh yeah, the music in the games was actually really fecking good. Why didn't they hire Henry Jackman since he took over from the retired Edmondson for the games?!"

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I’ve seen it and I still don’t even know what scene you’re talking about. Extremely forgettable movie.
Very forgettable. I only remember one scene properly and it's the one mentioned here

Basically the only one I can think of. I remember thinking it was ok after watching it and had no issues with it (then again I'm not an unchartered big fan so had nothing to base it on)
The only reason I even remember that scene is because it is shown twice in the movie and was the entire marketing campaign for it.