g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

US/UK/France launch airstrikes in Syria

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Russia vetoes again against investigations into the attack.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
“Assad cultists.”

Ah back to doubleya’s famous rhetoric. “Your with us or you’re with the terrorists”. Dissent, caution even, will not be tolerated.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
“Assad cultists.”

Ah back to doubleya’s famous rhetoric. “Your with us or you’re with the terrorists”. Dissent, caution even, will not be tolerated.
That is exactly the rhetoric which Assad and the "Axis of Resistance", and yes, their cultists, have adopted since the start of the Syrian Civil War, despite having spent the 2000s correctly criticizing the discourse of the "War on Terror" for the exact same reason you are.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Are you serious she said that? how someone can be that ignorant..
All the more ironic because Marx was more English than Russian (lived the better part of his life in London, wrote his works there; something not possible without adopted Mancunian industrial tycoon, Engels, and he is also buried there). Stupiditiy of politicians is limitless.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
All the more ironic because Marx was more English than Russian (lived the better part of his life in London, wrote his works there; something not possible without adopted Mancunian industrial tycoon, Engels, and he is also buried there). Stupiditiy of politicians is limitless.
Maybe I am wrong but he never spend any period of his life in Russia. maybe visting?

Anyway. Even if instead of being German it happened to be Ruddian, why he has to pick a random figure to try to shame a country?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
According to the comments in that tweet, it's not actually what she said.

Nikhil

Please trump, please. Don't bomb them. Jihadis in Syria are on the cusp of being defeated. Your bombing of the people who are fighting them will help them regroup and strengthen. This will compromise Europe's internal security. The US has large oceans on either side. Europe unfortunately doesn't.

Sweet Square

According to the comments in that tweet, it's not actually what she said.
Telegraph jouro is reported it as well

Not that it really matters(Well it would nice to not have such stupid people at the UN).

Simbo

Please trump, please. Don't bomb them. Jihadis in Syria are on the cusp of being defeated. Your bombing of the people who are fighting them will help them regroup and strengthen. This will compromise Europe's internal security. The US has large oceans on either side. Europe unfortunately doesn't.
Might be my tinfoil hat talking, but this falls right in line with Putin's playbook. He wants Syrian refugees flooding into Europe as it helps all the right wing parties, he wants US intervention to help the war continue...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Might be my tinfoil hat talking, but this falls right in line with Putin's playbook. He wants Syrian refugees flooding into Europe as it helps all the right wing parties, he wants US intervention to help the war continue...
Those radical jihadists just as easily can make their way into Chechnya and Dagestan which could totally feck things up there.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm cheering for the SAMs.

Then why didn't he support Hillary in the election? This is 12th dimensional chess which isn't productive. Occam's razor - Trump isn't very smart and gets persuaded easily, especially by authority figures (generals).

Traub

To terrorize and intimidate a population into submission. Also, its unknown how much control he has over his own forces beyond simply giving them orders to win at all costs.
This is how I see it. Teach those who rebelled to never think about doing something like that again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The Russian military command suddenly puts troops on full combat alert, movements of combat vehicles and missile systems observe almost all over the country.

An activity of Russian troops is most notable in the Western part of Russia, near the borders with Ukraine and the Republic of Belarus, as well as in the Transbaikal region and the Far East. On April 8-9 active movements of a large number of military vehicles and tanks, also were seen moving of the Iskander missile systems with Air Defence support.

Some source reported about deploying command and control systems on main military naval bases and military airfields.

Russian defence officials refused to comment on any moving of troops.

Some experts attribute this to the fear of a possible US and NATO invasion of Syria after an alleged chemical attack on a Syrian rebel-held town.

It should be remindedthat Ukraine’s Defenсe Minister Stepan Poltorak said in an interview that Russia has concentrated 19 battalion tactical groups of more than 77,000 troops near the Ukrainian. At the moment, the government in Kyiv is ramping up its fight to reclaim Ukraine’s restive eastern regions, at the same time Russia has deployed 77,000 troops along its border with Ukraine, included modern main battle tanks. missile systems and combat aircraft.

Nikhil

That may very well be the case, but the US seems to be falling for it right now. If the other NATO allies fall for it as well, it will show a severe lack of judgement. This John Bolton geezer is a warmonger. Pompeo as well. If only Bernie was US president, sigh.

I still don't understand why the US are talking tough. What exactly do they plan on achieving? Russia has boots on the ground in Syria. Confrontation with them seems unavoidable if the US enters in a big way. There could be a huge fallout of this that will affect global peace for ages. This will also strengthen the extremists. It will endanger Chechnya, Dagestan and Europe. The lack of judgement by Western leaders is gobsmacking.

Simbo

I'm cheering for the SAMs.
Then why didn't he support Hillary in the election? This is 12th dimensional chess which isn't productive. Occam's razor - Trump isn't very smart and gets persuaded easily, especially by authority figures (generals).
I'm pretty much working under the assumption now that Trump actually is a Russian puppet (Occam's razor).

That may very well be the case, but the US seems to be falling for it right now. If the other NATO allies fall for it as well, it will show a severe lack of judgement. This John Bolton geezer is a warmonger. Pompeo as well. If only Bernie was US president, sigh.

I still don't understand why the US are talking tough. What exactly do they plan on achieving? Russia has boots on the ground in Syria. Confrontation with them seems unavoidable if the US enters in a big way. There could be a huge fallout of this that will affect global peace for ages. This will also strengthen the extremists. It will endanger Chechnya, Dagestan and Europe. The lack of judgement by Western leaders is gobsmacking.
Are the US falling for it or doing as they are told? NATO following suit however would be a lot more worrying.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
? Can't see anything,
Vid of it below (from someone extremely pro-Putin by the looks of it but only vid I could find)

Still dumb (founded on his precepts? Russia existed before and obviously isn't still Marxist...) but didn't say he was Russian at any rate.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm pretty much working under the assumption now that Trump actually is a Russian puppet (Occam's razor).

Are the US falling for it or doing as they are told? NATO following suit however would be a lot more worrying.
It makes zero sense, then, for the US to be bombing Russia's only genuine ME ally, potentially bombing Russian troops and equipment. This doesn't strengthen Putin in any way unless he feels like the most grandiose murder+suicide by nuclear winter, or is himself a CIA plant.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Oh, does that mean John Bolton, Hillary Clinton, and all the NYT/WaPo ghouls cheering on this bombing, are Putin's men? Is there any action in this world that will not be attributed to the botoxed president of a former superpower?

edit -

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Vid of it below (from someone extremely pro-Putin by the looks of it but only vid I could find)

Still dumb (founded on his precepts? Russia existed before and obviously isn't still Marxist...) but didn't say he was Russian at any rate.
Yes, still stupid. The USSR* is like 10% of Russia's history and has now been dead for about a third of the time it was alive.

*technically, SFSR

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
As I've said, I suspect any attacks from Trump will be ones intended to show his strength and to demonstrate US military clout in case anyone doubts it. I'm not particularly sure he'll opt for attempted regime change because it's hard to conceive how the transition would be managed afterwards considering the absolute fecking mess Syria is in at the moment. Assad is a brutal bastard and anyone defending him as I've seen some do can feck off, but at the same time I've not seen a particularly viable plan as to how he'll be removed without the accentuating the war.

bleedred

Trump and Macron already know exactly what happened so unlike the Iraq WMD claims, which seems to be the reflexive whataboutism by Putin and Assad apologists these days, they will have pretty accurate information about the delivery mechanism and the sort of chemicals that were used. If it was dropped from an aircraft such as a helicopter dropping a barrel bomb, there are eye witness accounts to corroborate this, and it syncs up to the MO of Assad's previous attack, then at some point a duck is a duck and action will be taken.
What if they are wrong?. What then?. I am not saying they are, but what if?. Decisions like these are not to be taken lightly and unless they are absolutely sure on what happened, I wouldn't start a war.

Because, we have been crying for bombs to stop in Syria for ages and they are planning to do it, by dropping more. I am sure in the days to come there will still be more civilian deaths as "collateral damage" and we can all be happy that atleast we are making an effort to bring peace by bombing the shit out of a country already fecked up?.

And I dont think anyone in here is an assad apologist. Skepticism on these issues is much warranted given the past events and there is nothing wrong with it. Just questioning the integrity of a claim, doesn't mean we are asserting the opposite.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
What if they are wrong?. What then?. I am not saying they are, but what if?. Decisions like these are not to be taken lightly and unless they are absolutely sure on what happened, I wouldn't start a war.

Because, we have been crying for bombs to stop in Syria for ages and they are planning to do it, by dropping more. I am sure in the days to come there will still be more civilian deaths as "collateral damage" and we can all be happy that atleast we are making an effort to bring peace by bombing the shit out of a country already fecked up?.

And I dont think anyone in here is an assad apologist. Skepticism on these issues is much warranted given the past events and there is nothing wrong with it. Just questioning the integrity of a claim, doesn't mean we are asserting the opposite.
How about why start a war at all? Are Americans and Europeans willing to go to war with Russia over Syria? Really? Because it's one thing to sit safely on your sofa back home watching CNN report on carpet bombing in Iraq or Libya and quite another having Russian missiles flying over your own heads. There's no logical explanation behind this except America's desire to show who's boss. Trump is desperate to prove to everyone he's not Putin's puppet so he's willing to go further than anyone else in that respect. And considering how crazy this guy is, everybody on the planet should be prepared to be very scared. There's no moral side to all this posturing and fake indignation about Assad and Russians, it's just sabre rattling. If you worry so much about the suffering of innocent civilians go bomb Saudi Arabia for what they've been doing to Yemen. Like it or not, Assad's government is the only legitimate ruling body in the country, recognized all over the world. Russians are there legally, Americans and their allies aren't. First they were telling that they're there only to fight ISIS, now apparently they decided that they're going to bomb Assad. They just change rules as they go. Where does it all stop?

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Good on May. America ,Especially the news media were very quick to condemn Assad.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Good. Tomorrow Trump is going to give the Seattle embassy back to Russia and ask May for proof that the nerve agent in Skripal case came from Russia. That's how allies work right?

Javi

Bloody Assad apologist stooge. That's how it works, right?
Just goes on to show that May isn't in with the cool kids Macron and Trump because they know exactly what happened, right @Raoul ? ;)

Classical Mechanic

Just goes on to show that May isn't in with the cool kids Macron and Trump because they know exactly what happened, right @Raoul ? ;)
I would have thought it is because Cameron was embarrassed when he failed to get a motion to bomb Syria through parliament. May doesn't want to commit to something she can't deliver considering the fragility of her position.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
France are starting to become quite the cnuts regarding foreign policy.

Their hidden motives for taking the initiative for bombing Libya, and now their stance on Syria.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/22/libya-and-the-myth-of-humanitarian-intervention/

https://news.vice.com/article/libya...idney-blumenthal-sent-hillary-clinton-in-2011

Nikhil

The media try to project Macron as some sort of beacon of hope for the world. He's articulate, intelligent and well meaning. But he's not what a portion of the media makes him out to be.

Cameron lost the Commons vote for air strikes. May doesn't want to go through something like that. She has enough on her plate as it is with the negotiations with the EU. Talks of a potential vote in Parliament will only lead to division amongst Tory backbenchers and leaders.

Carolina Red

Staff
Are Americans and Europeans willing to go to war with Russia over Syria? Really? Because it's one thing to sit safely on your sofa back home watching CNN report on carpet bombing in Iraq or Libya and quite another having Russian missiles flying over your own heads. There's no logical explanation behind this except America's desire to show who's boss. Trump is desperate to prove to everyone he's not Putin's puppet so he's willing to go further than anyone else in that respect.
You know, the same things could be said and asked of Putin if you just switch out the appropriate proper nouns.