Utd concerned that Jose will resign in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
If he does want out the board should be looking at a DOF. In fact we should be looking for one regardless. Then at least plans can be made either way in line with a club vision for where we want to be moving towards.

Oh yeah, if we hire a DoF, all of our problems are solved. We will be winning the title every year. Lets do it, call Woody.

MJJ

Ok, where do you want me to start. Conte, is 16 points behind, with better team than us. Poch is 22 points behind. Klopp...you see where I am going with this yeah? Right there, 3 of the best managers in the world are more points behind Pep than Jose.
You are asking him to name one manager who would have had us in a better position?

Pep.

Conte and klopp with our budget and spend would have done better too imo.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just read it.
Sounds like they spoke to the security guard.

eat_grass

Off topic: i know the cool thing these day is: - you cant trust the "mainstream media", but there's any paper that you guys trust? Legit question. Because everytime there's a link to some publication people will say: "oh, but its just the Mail, oh, but its the Guardian, its only Marca, BBC.."
There's no easy solution. You find out which journalists have a history of getting real scoops, find out which journalists the managers tend to leak stories to (it happens), and watch every single interview given by the manager and board members.

Otherwise you end up like this guy just parroting BS from the media, not having a clue what actually happened:
Yet here's our manager, the leader of the pack and he's constantly in the papers moaning about one shit or the other. A new contract, flirting with PSG, lack of transfer funding, potentially resigning, picking fights with club legends over close to feck all.
1. He's been asked about the contract situation a dozen times in interviews. Each time he said he was happy with his current contract situation. Every single time. Is it his fault the media keeps creating click-bait for people like you?

2. He was very clear about the PSG situation: he does not expect to ever manage at a club for 10 or 15 years. No top-flight manager in the world will. Those days are gone. And he expects to manage for another 15 years, so do the math.

3. Potentially resigning? Based on nothing more than this one article that contains zero supporting evidence? (Granted, Lawton isn't a complete clown, but still.)

We can all have differing opinions on just about everything, but you've fallen prey to gullibleness -- prey to the exploitation of doubt -- and now have a list of media headlines devoid of facts but which you treat as true. :smh:

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Ok, where do you want me to start. Conte, is 16 points behind, with better team than us. Poch is 22 points behind. Klopp...you see where I am going with this yeah?
You think DDG is the best manager in the world, cause he alone is responsible for United being 2nd instead of 6th?

el3mel

You are asking him to name one manager who would have had us in a better position?

Pep.

Because they don't have a similar budget ? Chelsea are spending similar figures like us and Liverpool have just splashed 75m on a defender.

You're talking about our budget as if we're spending 250m and Chelsea spend 100 or so. Chelsea have been spending around 150m each summer, similar to us.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics

Pep.

Ok, Conte spent £70m only for a striker. His spending is close to us, plus they were champions last season.
Klopp spent £250m, again close to our spenging under Jose.

So, your point is mute. They haven't. The table does not lie.

AndyJ1985

Ok, where do you want me to start. Conte, is 16 points behind, with better team than us. Poch is 22 points behind. Klopp...you see where I am going with this yeah? Right there, 3 of the best managers in the world are more points behind Pep than Jose.
Give them £300m and I bet they'd be closer

Cal?

CR7 fan
I’m deluded?

So there’s not a single manager in the world that could have United closer than 15 points adrift by Christmas?

Righto.
I honestly can't think of any active manager, Conte, Klopp and Poch are all further behind, do you think Zidane can do it?

Sir Alex probably can I guess...

Womp

idiot

Pep.

Really not that simple. Considering Pep inherited a side better than ours whilst also spending more money than we have. So no, I don't buy that it'd be guaranteed he'd have us higher. If he really is a magician, why was his side extremely underwhelming last season - despite outspending us both windows. To suggest he'd have us better, especially when our best player who accounts for over nearly half our transfer spend under Jose has been unavailable for the majority of the season is wishful thinking. Would he have us playing better football? Absolutely, would we be doing better in regards to performances? Hardly a straight forward answer.

Dinghy

Will be interesting to see how Mourinho responds to this. I actually think there might be something to this and the idea of him possibly leaving at the end of the season is being pushed now because he thinks it will be very difficult to compete with City next season, and he fancies the PSG-job. If PSG doesn't win the CL this season, Emery will be gone. And Zlatan will join Mourinho as a part of his staff.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
You think DDG is the best manager in the world, cause he alone is responsible for United being 2nd instead of 6th?

What have you been drinking? DDG is a goalie! We are talking about managers right now. And since I know where you going with this, thats his job. He gets paid £220k per week to defend our goalposts. Thats double the money Courtois gets paid.

Womp

idiot
What an odd post, managers get no credit for player's doing their jobs now? Is Sterling and KDB the best managers in the world for single handedly winning games with individual brilliance?

Womp

idiot
Oh yeah, if we hire a DoF, all of our problems are solved. We will be winning the title every year. Lets do it, call Woody.
No-one is saying that though. What it would allow is for us to be able to implement a system where the turnover of managers that all top clubs face now won't be as damaging to us.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Would be weak to leave at this stage. In the past I don't think Jose would be that man but now I'm not so sure. We could have a PL in the next few seasons under Jose with decent spending. Are they really not prepared to spend more now? Could be that way after his comments, I guess.

MJJ

Really not that simple. Considering Pep inherited a side better than ours whilst also spending more money than we have. So no, I don't buy that it'd be guaranteed he'd have us higher. If he really is a magician, why was his side extremely underwhelming last season - despite outspending us both windows. To suggest he'd have us better, especially when our best player who accounts for over nearly half our transfer spend under Jose has been unavailable for the majority of the season is wishful thinking. Would he have us playing better football? Absolutely, would we be doing better in regards to performances? Hardly a straight forward answer.
We would be doing better by default as without Pep city wouldnt be so strong and the gap wouldn't be so big.

Woodzy

Want to him to stay but if he does resign because of issues within the club and not just because he can't be arsed for the challenge, then I at least hope he spills the beans about what's going within the club (if anything).

el3mel

Give them £300m and I bet they'd be closer
Yeah because they didn't get such money in their clubs ? Lol.

Some pretend as if we and City are the only spending clubs in the league. Chelsea have spent about 185m last summer alone. We have only spent 149m or so.

MJJ

Ok, Conte spent £70m only for a striker. His spending is close to us, plus they were champions last season.
Klopp spent £250m, again close to our spenging under Jose.

So, your point is mute. They haven't. The table does not lie.
He spent 70m for a striker after selling Costa for 60m so only spent 10m. Kinda important to mention that no?

Klopp two biggest signing haven't played for Liverpool yet so not sure why you are accounting them into their performances and in what world is 250m close to 300m?

Womp

idiot
We would be doing better by default as without Pep city wouldnt be so strong and the gap wouldn't be so big.
Completely ignoring the fact this team wouldn't be to his liking? He didn't appreciate Aguero, one of the best strikers the prem has ever seen, you think he'd take a liking to Lukaku? He hasn't had to pay top money for top players, as he had a few before he came in, yet he still managed to spend more than us. How much would you need to pay for a KDB in today's market? Over 100m, easily?

He has a very specific style of player and if the board isn't willing to spend the money to be competitive, what makes you think they would have let him replace the whole squad like he's done at City?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If he quits.. He ain't getting feck all sympathy from me. Never shown that he has real love for the club.

deafepl

What have you been drinking? DDG is a goalie! We are talking about managers right now. And since I know where you going with this, thats his job. He gets paid £220k per week to defend our goalposts. Thats double the money Courtois gets paid.
De Gea is simply best manager in the world because he makes a lot of saves for the United while making second most saves in the league, he is responsible for getting United to 2nd. Without him, United would be closer to relegation battle and concede 4x time goals if we had a shit goalkeeper. :lol:

el3mel

:lol:

Probably most ridiculous post in this thread. Why David didnt get us to finish higher than 4th under LVG ?

MJJ

Completely ignoring the fact this team wouldn't be to his liking? He didn't appreciate Aguero, one of the best strikers the prem has ever seen, you think he'd take a liking to Lukaku? He hasn't had to pay top money for top players, as he had a few before he came in, yet he still managed to spend more than us. How much would you need to pay for a KDB in today's market? Over 100m, easily?

He has a very specific style of player and if the board isn't willing to spend the money to be competitive, what makes you think they would have let him replace the whole squad like he's done at City?
Why would he buy lukaku assuming he came in the same time as mourinho or even if he came at the start of the season.

If he was here, Pogba would be performing at kdb's level. You can give him credit for getting more out of kdb but is weird blaming him for it.

Womp

idiot
He spent 70m for a striker after selling Costa for 60m so only spent 10m. Kinda important to mention that no?

Klopp two biggest signing haven't played for Liverpool yet so not sure why you are accounting them into their performances and in what world is 250m close to 300m?
That makes your point weaker, if anything. Chelsea already had a top striker, we didn't. Our alternative was a 35 year old coming off a major injury that he may never fully recover from and Wayne Rooney.

MJJ

That makes your point weaker, if anything. Chelsea already had a top striker, we didn't. Our alternative was a 35 year old coming off a major injury that he may never fully recover from and Wayne Rooney.
Anything can make a point weak if you want to have blinders on. I am not sure how that makes my point weaker that chelsea have spent less than us.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Will be interesting to see how Mourinho responds to this. I actually think there might be something to this and the idea of him possibly leaving at the end of the season is being pushed now because he thinks it will be very difficult to compete with City next season, and he fancies the PSG-job. If PSG doesn't win the CL this season, Emery will be gone. And Zlatan will join Mourinho as a part of his staff.
That's an interesting theory. I just think the guy wants a real challenge, winning the CL with cash rich PSG I think is a lesser one than resurrecting a Man Utd that he found in crisis. The only reason he'd walk IMV is if he feels he's not being backed to achieve greatness.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Our 15 points

Well, since you mentioned he sold Costa (the £60m figure is not confirmed, it was more around £40 last time I checked), Jose sold Depay and Schneiderlin. Thats £50m right there.

The fact that Klopp's biggest signings have not played, its not of my business. That shows you how smart they are at Liverpool FC.

Womp

idiot
Why would he buy lukaku assuming he came in the same time as mourinho or even if he came at the start of the season.

If he was here, Pogba would be performing at kdb's level. You can give him credit for getting more out of kdb but is weird blaming him for it.
Once again, completely ignoring my point. Top strikers and Top CM's are probably the most expensive positions in football. Pep had the freedom to put his trust in a young striker like GBJ as he had a fallback option as Aguero, one of the best strikers the Prems ever seen. At United he wouldn't have had that cushion. His options when he came in would have been a Rooney who was tripping over his own feet and another young kid in Rashford.

He's essentially managed to outspend us, even though he didn't have to invest in top players in some of the most expensive positions in the game.

Revaulx

There are no long term managers anymore, 3 years is about as much continuity as you get these days, but I personally felt Jose would be here 5/6 years, but im having my doubts.
Agreed. But there's more to continuity than individual managers' longevity. Continuity would have been better served by replacing LvG with a manager who had a broadly similar footballing philosophy (sorry ;)), rather than one diametrically opposed. That way, you could make better use of the existing players. In theory, at any rate.

spwd

Agreed. But there's more to continuity than individual managers' longevity. Continuity would have been better served by replacing LvG with a manager who had a broadly similar footballing philosophy (sorry ;)), rather than one diametrically opposed. That way, you could make better use of the existing players. In theory, at any rate.
Such as?

El-Manos

For those happy he would be leaving, there is literally no feckin manager out there for us. It's not like we have a great many to choose from. The best/most suitable coaches appear to have a job and seem to be very content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.