Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

He plays like a midfielder that's been asked to do a job at centreback.
He will get more and more used to the pace and physicality of the league. He’s still quite young as well.

Good game again. I'd like to see him get a few games next to Bailly soon to see how they play together. Smalling and Jones aren't great options.

Strats

Give him and Bailly time to mould together the last few games, and i think we have the potential to have a have a very stable partnership at the back moving forward as a team.

el3mel

Give him and Bailly time to mould together the last few games, and i think we have the potential to have a have a very stable partnership at the back moving forward as a team.
Actually it's quite strange we have never seen them playing together the whole season.

Canagel

He plays like a midfielder that's been asked to do a job at centreback.
How would he play at DM I wonder? Like Luiz played sometimes for Chelsea.

DDG
Valencia Bailly Rojo Shaw
Lindelof
Matic Pogba
Would be interesting to see that in one game.

Kostov

I felt he was having a good game, then Abraham rolled him like an amateur for the first shot, couple of minutes again got a shot on target while Lindelof couldn’t get near. I’m not yet decided on him.

Ashley R1+O

Yep, they can realistically have Smalling as a partner and both be 2 or even 3 seasons away from being the first team. Smalling has been an untouchable rock for three years and continue could go on to keep his spot from these two lads. Both have the breathing room and are young, so even for a few more years yet after VL/EB which bodes well for us for the future.

Lentwood

Gradually looking stronger and faster and reads the game OK most of the time but just seems to have problems with aerial balls which obviously isn’t great in the PL!

arthurka

Gradually looking stronger and faster and reads the game OK most of the time but just seems to have problems with aerial balls which obviously isn’t great in the PL!
Coming from Scandinavia is really hard ... Long ball isnt really played there ..

Joke aside he was really good today..

Web of Bissaka

My MOTM. His best game so far, by far. Finally physical performance, Ayew in his pocket. Alert to danger and actively conscious of his surrounding.

:lol: That many good forward runs, remind me of what Bailly tend to do. And his lunge tackle is that good, did it earlier season once/twice.

Playing the ball around, passing comfortable posession with De Gea. Damn, very good performance. :smirk:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Actually it's quite strange we have never seen them playing together the whole season.
So far pretty much every match that Lindelof has played he's had Smalling next to him, even earlier in the season when we started with Bailly and Jones as our preferred option (since they did well while Smalling was suspended). It definitely seems that Smalling is the only one that Jose trusts to 'look after' Lindelof and cover for his weaknesses.

borrays

The problems United has isn't the CB's.
it is (well one of problems actually), i watched our games during SAF era and i can count with a single hand how many times our centre back passed the ball to GK. And i did make big different of how we approach the game. Dunno what's wrong with our CB probably bcause our current most consistent CB (Smalling) is so crap at passing or maybe bcause they get too used to LvG's tactics.

Ardis

Lindelof is such a "continental" defender, so to speak. He´s so much more "mind" than "heart", which would make him the perfect option for a team like Juventus, for example. The difference between him and Smalling and Jones is very obvious.

A-man

it is (well one of problems actually), i watched our games during SAF era and i can count with a single hand how many times our centre back passed the ball to GK. And i did make big different of how we approach the game. Dunno what's wrong with our CB probably bcause our current most consistent CB (Smalling) is so crap at passing or maybe bcause they get too used to LvG's tactics.

I think the problem with Lindelöf not playing more offensively is mainly a problem with Pogba and Matic. I have seen it before, but last match it was very clear. Both Pogba and Matic want the ball very low and more or less interfere with the centre backs. When Lindelöf advanced with the ball, one of them met him and even blocked his path and demanded the ball. You could see how frustrated he was at some times with this. Many times, Lindelöf makes a 5 meter pass to Matic who then distributes the ball. Why? It is better Lindelöf takes that role and Matic and Pogba move up a bit and make them self available for passes through the midfield.

Anyways, yesterday was the first match in the United jersey where we could see some of Lindelof’s offensive strengths. I also think he was much more active than earlier games.

Reactions: 711

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
definitely one of his better games, just can't get rid of the feeling he might fall down any moment, maybe it's his running style but definitely physically he's got still lot to do, also defender who likes to run up the pitch is nice but useless when he can't win a ball in the air.

I'd personally send him on loan next season if there's a team who would want him so he plays a lot because can't see him starting over Smalling/Bailly/Jones or even fit Rojo, the question is if we keep all of them for the next season, Jones is a crock so I'd sell him otherwise we could give lindelofs role to Tuanzebe who I think is a great talent.

The season after we'll see if Lindelof got used to the tempo of premier league and if Tuanzebe picked up his chances but we'll probably end up buying one more established defender so niether player will make it

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
For me the biggest problem United has is the fullbacks, this only related to the individual quality of the players...

Seemingly not. Was it something in particular you were looking for?
No not particularly, I didn't get to watch the game and the highlights I've seen don't show much of him. Everyone is saying he had a good game so I was hoping to catch some of his personal highlights, I'll have to keep looking :)

Loublaze

ATLien
He will get more and more used to the pace and physicality of the league. He’s still quite young as well.
Time will tell but he just looks like a real soft
No not particularly, I didn't get to watch the game and the highlights I've seen don't show much of him. Everyone is saying he had a good game so I was hoping to catch some of his personal highlights, I'll have to keep looking :)
To be honest it wasn't anything spectacular. Swansea were woeful especially in the first half. A few of us thought we'd absolutely hammer them because of their extremely lax approach and all the space they afforded United. It was the perfect game for him to build some confidence but I don't see him starting against City

haram

Time will tell but he just looks like a real soft

To be honest it wasn't anything spectacular. Swansea were woeful especially in the first half. A few of us thought we'd absolutely hammer them because of their extremely lax approach and all the space they afforded United. It was the perfect game for him to build some confidence but I don't see him starting against City
He might actually play if we are going to play longer balls into Lukaku. Not like City are really a threat in the air.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Still feel confident in saying that he'll be one of our best CB's in the coming years. Only a matter of time before Barcelona come knocking so lets make sure we're competitive on all fronts when they do.

Loublaze

ATLien
Still feel confident in saying that he'll be one of our best CB's in the coming years. Only a matter of time before Barcelona come knocking so lets make sure we're competitive on all fronts when they do.
I think Tuanzebe has a higher ceiling, Timothy Fosu Mensah too

RedCurry

Well, he doesn’t look like the worst footballer I’ve ever seen anymore. So that’s that. I still have no faith in him when he’s asked to put in a challenge. He just seems to not impose himself on the oppositions attackers so it becomes a lot easier for them to get their shots away. He needs to learn how to ease oppositions players off the ball and stop a dangerous situation from developing.

Loublaze

ATLien
Well, he doesn’t look like the worst footballer I’ve ever seen anymore. So that’s that. I still have no faith in him when he’s asked to put in a challenge. He just seems to not impose himself on the oppositions attackers so it becomes a lot easier for them to get their shots away. He needs to learn how to ease oppositions players off the ball and stop a dangerous situation from developing.
Lindelof is good at getting blocks in so he must have good anticipation but I agree with you for the most part.

borrays

I think the problem with Lindelöf not playing more offensively is mainly a problem with Pogba and Matic. I have seen it before, but last match it was very clear. Both Pogba and Matic want the ball very low and more or less interfere with the centre backs. When Lindelöf advanced with the ball, one of them met him and even blocked his path and demanded the ball. You could see how frustrated he was at some times with this. Many times, Lindelöf makes a 5 meter pass to Matic who then distributes the ball. Why? It is better Lindelöf takes that role and Matic and Pogba move up a bit and make them self available for passes through the midfield.

Anyways, yesterday was the first match in the United jersey where we could see some of Lindelof’s offensive strengths. I also think he was much more active than earlier games.
He should start bollocking those 2 :keano:

For me the biggest problem United has is the fullbacks, this only related to the individual quality of the players...
Well it's true our fullbacks are still pale in comparisson with previous FBs we had had in SAF era, but they are mostly still dependable. Valencia was a monster last season, Blind was excellent during LvG tenure, Young is decent this season.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
He starts to look more like this old Lindelof in Benfica. Gaining confidence. Nice to see. A bit worrying that it affects him so much that he looks like a completely different player than in Benfica, but stil, he has so much potential.

haram

He starts to look more like this old Lindelof in Benfica. Gaining confidence. Nice to see. A bit worrying that it affects him so much that he looks like a completely different player than in Benfica, but stil, he has so much potential.

This is nice. Want to see more bursts into midfield in a United shirt.

Man Utd 0:1 West Brom

Bobski

Don't think he was at all to blame for the result today, he and Smalling might have been the only 2 who even approached competent but I am not seeing it with him. He is weak and it always feels as if his partner has to do the significant defensive work while he concentrates on not mucking it up.

Bobski

Meh, I've got no real criticism of him today. I'm not sure he did much wrong.
That is whole thing with him, rarely impacts the game, feels like a passenger defensively and his vaunted passing is just basic stuff. What are his strengths as a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.