Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
After Jose's comments yesterday, its clear he wants us to build a partnership that can pass through the lines. Bailly is decent at that, and Lindelof is supposed to be excellent at it. However, he's not actually shown any ability to do that in games and he's defensively very poor.

I want him to succeed and I can see why he was bought, but I don't think he's going to make it. He's slow, doesn't read the game well and is prone to panicking. He's also really, really poor in the air and since Bailly isn't that great either, they're never going to make a good partnership.

Loublaze

ATLien
After Jose's comments yesterday, its clear he wants us to build a partnership that can pass through the lines. Bailly is decent at that, and Lindelof is supposed to be excellent at it. However, he's not actually shown any ability to do that in games and he's defensively very poor.

I want him to succeed and I can see why he was bought, but I don't think he's going to make it. He's slow, doesn't read the game well and is prone to panicking. He's also really, really poor in the air and since Bailly isn't that great either, they're never going to make a good partnership.
So basically a waste of signing. Blind is better

engulfing

Lindelof is out new o'shea, utility player capable of playing 4 positions but not really good enough to start. He isn't very good though he has improved a little but i don't think he will ever be good enough.

A-man

That is why I think Bailly, Lindelöf and a third CB who is good in the air would form a good 3 at the back formation.

As it is now, none of the CBs passes through the opponents midfield. That is however not entirely up to the CB, there must also be a receiver. I really think it is a team thing, you cannot just buy a CB with good feet and expect that problem to be solved. Lindelöf for example, has shown in other teams that he has that ability, but we have seen very little of that in United. Also, if the CBs should be a little bit more adventurous, DDG needs to leave his goal more often.

Roboc7

Given options we already had and youngsters like TFM and Tuanzebe still looks like an unnecessary signing. Should have spent the money on a rb or lb and moved other players on.

Alabaster Codify7

Do you think Lindelof has a future here?

Not really. I think he'll still be here in summer 2019, though. He'll have next season and in my opinion, will not show enough improvements to be a first teamer. He'll stick around for a couple more seasons as a rotation/injury cover option.

So you could say he has a future, as I expect him to be here for about 3-4yrs tops.....however, he won't play much or make much of an impact.

el3mel

Next season will be a make or break for him. If he still couldn't secure a main spot in the lineup, hell be sold.

Zoo

Thought he was really good today, very assured. Good turn of pace to deny Ayew and stepped out from defence well almost playing in Sanchez.

Minimalist

Honestly think him, Bailly and Jones are pretty interchangeable. None are rock solid, world class centre backs, but all pretty decent.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thought he was really good today, very assured. Good turn of pace to deny Ayew and stepped out from defence well almost playing in Sanchez.
Yup, done well, good anticipation, got dummied once by Abraham with that good first touch but that was about it. He doesn't hoof it mindlessly either, doesn't take unnecessary risk like he used to at the beginning, he'll come good I'm sure.

el3mel

Very good ball playing CB staff and joined the midfield several times. Still didn't give me enough confidence defensively wise but I'm willing to give him time.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Best performance in a red shirt. I don't want to jinx it but suddenly he seems like a Premier League player.

Guess the threat of a mass player cull can inspire players to up it! :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Very good ball playing CB staff and joined the midfield several times. Still didn't give me enough confidence defensively wise but I'm willing to give him time.
Yes. He's another Stone, defensive wise.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Essential he develops.
We need as many ball playing Cbs as possible.

haram

Needs more time at united but good performance. Judge him at the end of next year more harshly.

Bobski

Solid game, liked the aggression he showed when Smalling slipped in the first half, anticipated danger and committed to the challenge, little of the passive side that has been worrying in his games this season.

Canagel

He has to play all our home games against small teams. His passing through the lines and stepping into midfield is important to break down teams. Good game today. I want to see him paired up with Bailly for once and see how it goes. Those two haven't played together yet and I feel they have the biggest potential of all our centre backs.

TypeR

Good game. Will be class once he bulks up. Still a stone or two too lightweight, pun intended. But the technical skills are there for him to potentially be a very very good ball-playing PL defender.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played well today didn't he.
I think he deserves a lot of chances towards the end of this season, it's not like we have loads to play for. His ball playing ability certainly helps make us more fluid, and he looked solid today.
He was unlucky to get turned once but that will get ironed out with game time. Happy with him today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When he wants to be he can look very calm in possession. Our first choice CB pairing is still up for grabs, he should give it his all whenever he gets the chance. There have been times he has looked the part, hope he kicks on, in an ideal world he and Bailly forge a great partnership, their skill sets would compliment the other's well.

marlowe78

He still needs to develop but at this point he has more potential upside than Smalling and Jones.

Loublaze

ATLien
Good game but it was easy against a shitty Swansea. He needs to start these easy games to build up his confidence going into next season.

shield

His ball control is a real charm to watch. Some of those runs he makes through the midfield, with the ball present neatly near his feet, not too far, look really good. If he can smoothen out aspects like positioning and heading the ball then he will be a cracking player.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The problems United has isn't the CB's.

Minimalist

Smalling has to be in there if Jones is.
I actually think Smalling is our best performer regardless of his flaws. That's why I didn't mention him - for me (going by this season), it should be Smalling + 1.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I actually think Smalling is our best performer regardless of his flaws. That's why I didn't mention him - for me (going by this season), it should be Smalling + 1.
Oh right that's fair enough. He definitely doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves defensively. For some reason with Smalling its all about what he can't do, whereas the likes of Jones don't get the same scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.