Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Today it’s all about his mental strength. Viggo needs to step up, take responsibility and dominate his area of the pitch. He must have a offensive approach where he delivers the ball with accuracy and speed.

If we see a shy and nervous Lindelöf then we are in deep trouble.

Man Utd 2:1 Chelsea

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Taken responsibility so far. Defending well, mean physical battles. Trying to get it forward when he has the ball.

Bwuk

Playing well imo.

Only one of our back 4 who can say that.

AshRK

He needs to tackle more and not just follow his man. But having said I feel he is the only one who is communicating and trying to organise the back. Shameful to see smalling who has been with us for almost 7 years, and then also he is still crap.

Fredrik.A

Seen some people in the match thread blaming him for the goal. Not his fault either Scott or Ash couldnt bother with Willian or Valencia fecking up the offside line.

A-man

Seen some people in the match thread blaming him for the goal. Not his fault either Scott or Ash couldnt bother with Willian or Valencia fecking up the offside line.
Yes that’s ridiculous. Hadn’t he taken care of Hazard, he would probably have scored. I think his first half was great, the best so far in United. Then I take into acount he is facing some world class players like Hazard, Willian, and Morata.

TsuWave

he has too many shaky moments. hopefully he can get rid of them. i think he was the one keeping Morata in play for that offside call that we were lucky to get

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Nice performance. First goal not only his fault.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Didn't take any shit, was very mean with their attackers, really liked his performance today.

3KDré

Good performance. I want to see him pass the ball forward more because that's what he was bought for.

haram

Did ok bar the mistake at the end. He has potential, I believe in him.

Devil may care

He was ok for the most part, couple of shaky moments but not bad given he's still fairly new to the PL.

Silas

Good game from him, apart from that attempted clearance. Hopefully he begins to start consistently and builds confidence. Then we'll see him become more adventurous on the ball.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Another good game for him. Starting to settle in now.

Ekeke

Thought he was fine today. One or two decent passes, made a couple of clearances and looked like he knew what he was doing most of the time. Smalling - Lindelof looked pretty solid today, the fullbacks are another story

Litch

Under the radar today but proves he has the quality to succeed here.....

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Here was settled already but Jose is so in love with his boys Jones and Smalling. Victor is the antidote to all that bumbling we get back there courtesy of Jose's boys. He's not flawless but his ceiling is waaaay higher than those 2.

buckooo1978

he's looked solid enough the last several times he's played

too many knee jerk reactions to mistakes early on

Loublaze

ATLien
Here was settled already but Jose is so in love with his boys Jones and Smalling. Victor is the antidote to all that bumbling we get back there courtesy of Jose's boys. He's not flawless but his ceiling is waaaay higher than those 2.
A bit over the top. Lindelof doesn't have enough physicality IMO, he's like Darmian and Blind in this regard. Jury is still out for me. Next season will be the best time to judge him properly as he's taking his time to fully adapt to this league.

James Peril

There is literally nothing to suggest that Lindelof had a higher ceiling than Jones, absolutely nothing.

Smores

Overall he had a decent game but Rojo, Bailey or Jones would have fouled the attacker to prevent Chelsea's first goal from occuring.

Intrigued to see if he can progress

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
A bit over the top. Lindelof doesn't have enough physicality IMO, he's like Darmian and Blind in this regard. Jury is still out for me. Next season will be the best time to judge him properly as he's taking his time to fully adapt to this league.
Yeah probably. The lack of physicality can be overcome considering the other CB are fine in that department .

There is literally nothing to suggest that Lindelof had a higher ceiling than Jones, absolutely nothing.
Jones has reached his ceiling imo, injuries have seen to that. Lindelof is a superior footballer and by design comes with the better football brain.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We simply have to keep faith in him. A CB tat can play and doesn't get injured.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He showed real talent today. I now have some faith he will come good

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he can just giving it away as soon as he makes a tackle or interception then he will be a good defender.

Played pretty well but I notice he always passes it away to the other team which is quite frustrating as he does all the hard work.

He definitely makes a better pairing with Smalling than Jones.

A-man

Tempted to say he was our best player in the first half. Admittedly that wasn't a high standard as nobody else really stood out.

I agree, think he did great in first. In second there was not so much to do plus he had that poor clearance.

A question about that. Lindelöf kicked the ball on a Chelsea player and it rebounded to another who was 1 meter offside. What are the rules? If Lindelöf kicks the ball and it totally changes direction after bouncing on a blue player and ends up with another blue in offside position. Is that offside? Or not?

Ekeke

Yeah probably. The lack of physicality can be overcome considering the other CB are fine in that department .

Jones has reached his ceiling imo, injuries have seen to that. Lindelof is a superior footballer and by design comes with the better football brain.
So you're saying a midfielder or striker who is better on the ball than Jones is a better CB than Jones?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
A question about that. Lindelöf kicked the ball on a Chelsea player and it rebounded to another who was 1 meter offside. What are the rules? If Lindelöf kicks the ball and it totally changes direction after bouncing on a blue player and ends up with another blue in offside position. Is that offside? Or not?
It should have been offside, yes.

NinjaFletch

I agree, think he did great in first. In second there was not so much to do plus he had that poor clearance.

Wouldn't count as a deliberate touch because it was a deflection so it would go back to the next deliberate touch which the player couldn't be offside from because Lindelöf was the one that kicked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.