Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

It's clear there's talent there but he's still nervy. I defo won't be writing him off as there's a good player in there that can surely improve quite a-bit.

E-mal

Wouldn't count as a deliberate touch because it was a deflection so it would go back to the next deliberate touch which the player couldn't be offside from because Lindelöf was the one that kicked it.
It is a deliberate block, so?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Two fairly good performances in a row. Shows mental capacity to learn new things.

Jose will definitely adjust him to PL further like he did with many other defenders in Chelsea.

manunited1919

I agree, think he did great in first. In second there was not so much to do plus he had that poor clearance.

A question about that. Lindelöf kicked the ball on a Chelsea player and it rebounded to another who was 1 meter offside. What are the rules? If Lindelöf kicks the ball and it totally changes direction after bouncing on a blue player and ends up with another blue in offside position. Is that offside? Or not?
It should have been offside. Good thing Smalling covered for his mistake though.

el3mel

He made a strange mistake at the end when he got pressed by 2 Chelsea players but overall good. He's settling well and had played some big matches by now. Definitely better than anything he showed by the start of the season.

Judgement is still early on him. Next season we can judge him properly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Obviously still a bit light physically, but I'm sure he'll work on that and get stronger. With that strength he could be fantastic potentially. As it is, still looking better and better and like a very good defender. Nobody could have any complaints about him. Hope to see him get a run of starts, 2 big performances in 2 very important games. Let him build on hat
Brings a lot more calmness on the ball, even if he might feck up occasionally like anyone.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He was really good before he got banished for no reason. Needs to get him and Bailly as a pairing.

Walters_19_MuFc

I personally feel he didn't have to come out so far for Chelsea's goal. Left a gaping hole in our defence, which Chelsea were able to exploit. Yes, McTominay should have followed Willian, but he had Hazard to worry about.

Think other than that, and his blocked clearance that nearly got us in trouble, he was fine.

Nik70

I haven't been a fan of him but I thought he was pretty solid today. Hopefully this will help boost his confidence. He has looked quite nervous at times this season.

Ekeke

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here or are you being sarcastic?
You're suggesting that someone who is a superior footballer has a better football brain and therefore will be a better CB than Jones.

There are many players who are superior footballers in midfield and attack, they dont all have a better football brain than Jones, but even those that do, it doesnt make them a better CB than Jones is.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
You're suggesting that someone who is a superior footballer has a better football brain and therefore will be a better CB than Jones.

There are many players who are superior footballers in midfield and attack, they dont all have a better football brain than Jones, but even those that do, it doesnt make them a better CB than Jones is.
My bad, you right, being a better footballer doesn't mean you have a better footballing brain. I do believe Lindelof is superior to Jones though in both departments and will become a better CB because of it.

AlexUTD

I have to say that Lindelof has been very positive the last games.His long range passing is really good, reminds me of Bonucci sometimes.He still have some growing to do but shows glimpses of a modern CB.

simpandenstore

I personally feel he didn't have to come out so far for Chelsea's goal. Left a gaping hole in our defence, which Chelsea were able to exploit. Yes, McTominay should have followed Willian, but he had Hazard to worry about.

Think other than that, and his blocked clearance that nearly got us in trouble, he was fine.
Hazard was Lindelof's man. The goal is completely McTominay and Young's goal.

If a CB gets out of position to push or mark, someone need to fill the gap, in witch McTominay should have done because Willian was his man to mark, he obviously missed to follow Willian.

Lindelof also covered the flank if someone would overlap Hazard.

Canagel

Lindelof has great potential in my view. One of Smalling/Jones/Rojo should make way in the summer to give this guy more opportunities. At the moment I'm leaning towards Jones. He is never fit and hasn't been for 6 years. I feel he's reached his peak and injuries have taken their toll. He'll start to decline very quickly so I'd ship him out first.

Bwuk

Starting to think there might be a decent CB in there somewhere. Might not see him at his best until next season though.
Didn’t Jose say something alluding to this when we signed him, and compared him to Carvalho? Or am I just imagining this.

Jonno

Looking better with every game he plays. It was always going to take a while for him to adjust. We won't remember his first season of bedding in if he ends up being a top CB for us. I don't care too much for De Gea's first year, or Vidic's or Evra's.

vangagal

Looking better with every game he plays. It was always going to take a while for him to adjust. We won't remember his first season of bedding in if he ends up being a top CB for us. I don't care too much for De Gea's first year, or Vidic's or Evra's.
De Gea's first season with us almost made him the worst goalkeeper to play for us they said. And Lindegaard conviced himself that he was a bigger talent than De Gea because he can collect ball from crossing and can run his mouth to defender in front of him. What a madness that was.

Ferguson

I thought the same thing. When he came out aggressively to check Hazard, I thought in that moment that he had left a hole behind him that no one would fill. I think a Rio or a Vidic would have backed up and used their pace or cleverness to contain Hazard before help arrives.

But maybe that is what Hazard's talent forces you into doing because if you don't stop Hazard upfield, then he you find yourself on an island with Hazard bearing down on goal and most defenders can't handle that situation.

Jonno

De Gea's first season with us almost made him the worst goalkeeper to play for us they said. And Lindegaard conviced himself that he was a bigger talent than De Gea because he can collect ball from crossing and can run his mouth to defender in front of him. What a madness that was.
Haha, very true. I think Lindegaard is now or was back-up for Preston.

Ferguson

Lindelof's technique and distribution are his strength, and I think he has more to show once he gets comfortable. He is better than anyone else we have in that department.

Defensively, he needs experience to improve his decision making and to get used to the physicality of the league.

vangagal

Haha, very true. I think Lindegaard is now or was back-up for Preston.
Lindegaard came out as a bellend for me because he run his mouth to media telling he is number one in United.

Anyway, Lindelof is improving through times he's here. Hope he is get more minutes this season. I just hope he has the right attitude because i dont want another Mkhi here.

kthanksbye

I quite like the fact that regardless of how shaky his start has been with us, he still knows he has the ability to make a pass, which is why he keeps giving the ball away to the opposition after winning/intercepting it. He's looking for a more difficult pass to start an attack, instead of just hoofing it to Lukaku, like our other defenders do.

Thisistheone

Still finding his feet but on the right track now. Think he could turn into a good player for us.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm looking forward to seeing him partnered with Bailly. I can see them forming a formidable partnership.

BenjaminP

I think he'll really kick on starting next season. He's still not 100%, but we clearly see he's adapting well and improving since he first played.

He is a ball playing type CB, but I really want to see him bulk up a little more. Still a bit nervy when he goes shoulder 1v1 agasint another striker.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Outside of one moment of panic when he blasted a clearance against a Chelsea player, he accounted well for himself. Some encouraging signs. Even Smalling was driving forwards with the ball in the end so the confidence must be good between the two center backs.

Nick7

:lol: that was hilarious. He had half the caf convinced too despite being shite.

A-man

Wouldn't count as a deliberate touch because it was a deflection so it would go back to the next deliberate touch which the player couldn't be offside from because Lindelöf was the one that kicked it.
Ok, so it must be a deliberate touch, that is the part I wasn't sure about. In this case I would say it was deliberate in that sense that the player blocked his clearance. But these situations are tricky and the ref has one second to make his judgement.
. Even Smalling was driving forwards with the ball in the end so the confidence must be good between the two center backs.
That’s a valid observation. I guess we can look at indivual performances but in the end it is the CB pair that is interesting, and the combo Smalling/Lindelöf has been the best in my opinion. We’ll see how it goes when Bailly comes back. Would like to see more of those three in a 3 at the back formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.