Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
I don't think that can be coached. Lindelof is just not an imposing figure at the back. I'd like to see Tuanzebe get a proper chance next season. Villa fans are already raving about him even though he debuted at RB.
I took a look in Aston Villas fan forum. They are not excited at all, and he’s not excelling as a rb.

Between why do you think Tuanzebe went to the Championship and not a shitty EPL club like CP?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's shown glimpses of decent and terrible in fairly equal measures. It's difficult for him to get going in a new team and a new league when he seems to be dropped in to the team either at RB, RCB or LCB with no consistency, then taken back out of the team again.

I'd like to see him get a run of a few games. His appearances at the start of the season were pretty awful, but he's looking more dependable recently, but impossible for him to build any form when he's yanked out of the starting lineup by the next game. Doubt he'll start against Chelsea, but he's done no worse than anyone else at centre back recently. Still far too early to write him off IMO.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Decent today but has anyone else noticed his gutless posture when defending one on one? He bends his upper body forward while crouching a little, making his head face straight into the ground.

It's not a dominating posture. As someone else said, he needs to inprove his aggression. Straighten your back bro.
He does it to try and gain balance and keep a lower centre of gravity. Young does it also, but he just seems to get a bit confused when he tightly marks. He doesn't ever try to intercept, just watches and shepherds them around.

Skolden

I think he played good.
Always looked like he was in control of the offside position and trying to orginaze the defence.

VNL + Bailly should be first choice.

and guys, forget everything about his defending etc
THE most important thing is that he seems to be able to stay free of injuries :drool:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I took a look in Aston Villas fan forum. They are not excited at all, and he’s not excelling as a rb.

Between why do you think Tuanzebe went to the Championship and not a shitty EPL club like CP?
Where have you seen that spoken about? He won MOTM for them last game.. I know several Villa fans who all speak very highly about him

Bwuk

Where have you seen that spoken about? He won MOTM for them last game.. I know several Villa fans who all speak very highly about him
No he never. In Villas last game he was poor at right back. Granted he’s not a RB.

JoaquinJoaquin

Played well and looked solid. Think he is definitely more at home playing in the European ties at the moment. He needs to be given games in the league now though to get used to the pace and strength of the Premier League. He won't improve just being played in cup ties.

Ekeke

No he never. In Villas last game he was poor at right back. Granted he’s not a RB.
You guys are talking about 2 different matches.

You are correct, last game not so good, previous game he did a lot of good defending in a defeat

Decent today but has anyone else noticed his gutless posture when defending one on one? He bends his upper body forward while crouching a little, making his head face straight into the ground.

It's not a dominating posture. As someone else said, he needs to inprove his aggression. Straighten your back bro.
Lots of players do that and it's coached. Facing someone square on its the most agile position to react. Some of our players like Smalling and Jones seem to prefer to stick a leg out to make a tackle/interception before the attacker takes the ball past them, Lindelof looks like he prefers to stand them up and follow their direction.

Ardis

Victor played very intelligently for Benfica in the CL last season. Had excellent positioning and read the game flawlessly. The guy needs trust and confidence: Mourinho hasn't been giving him that trust, it seems to me at least. He's a more complete defender than both Smalling and Jones, two limited, typically British central defenders.

A-man

He is now on a six games in a row clean sheet streak. Of course he is not responsible for that by himself, but at least he can’t have fckd up too many times.

I would like him to play more offensive passes, but as someone wrote, there are seldom any possible receivers. There was one really good sequence yesterday in second half. The Sevilla player tried to dribble Lindelöf but Lindelöf stole the ball (from his non dominant posture!) and even though they put pressure on him, he kept calm and hit a long nice ball to Lukaku and there was a good opportunity for counter attack. More like that sequence. Lukaku is good at receiving balls like this and if Zlatan comes back to just 80% of his capacity, he is still one of the best in the world at this. And if he starts to find Sánchez and Mata with these ball it couldn’t be a great weapon.

SaboTaj

He does it to try and gain balance and keep a lower centre of gravity. Young does it also, but he just seems to get a bit confused when he tightly marks. He doesn't ever try to intercept, just watches and shepherds them around.
Lots of players do that and it's coached. Facing someone square on its the most agile position to react. Some of our players like Smalling and Jones seem to prefer to stick a leg out to make a tackle/interception before the attacker takes the ball past them, Lindelof looks like he prefers to stand them up and follow their direction.
Agree with what Adam-Utd and 11101 said. The low centre of gravity helps you react quicker to a change in direction or a change of pace in the opposing player’s movement. The whole bending and slouching probably seems more pronounced and sheepish in Lindelof’s case because he is tall and relatively thin.

Loublaze

ATLien

Well I saw a lot of excitement after his debut, but he's clearly not a fullback even though he kept Sanchez in his pocket playing there for us. Tuanzebe looks like he'll have a higher ceiling than Lindelof to me. He has the physical assets and the attributes he needs to succeed in that position.

Loublaze

ATLien
He is now on a six games in a row clean sheet streak. Of course he is not responsible for that by himself, but at least he can’t have fckd up too many times.
Where did you get that from? He's actually on 3 not 6.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Well I saw a lot of excitement after his debut, but he's clearly not a fullback even though he kept Sanchez in his pocket playing there for us. Tuanzebe looks like he'll have a higher ceiling than Lindelof to me. He has the physical assets and the attributes he needs to succeed in that position.
And you base this on Sanchez having an off day. :lol:

Once again, why do you think Tuanzebe is in the Championship and not the Premiership?
Where did you get that from? He's actually on 3 not 6.
Looks like six matches.

EPL 30-12-2017 Manchester United 0 : 0 Southampton 90' 7.05
EPL 01-01-2018 Everton 0 : 2 Manchester United 90' 6.77
FAC 05-01-2018 Manchester United 2 : 0 Derby 90' N/A
FAC 26-01-2018 Yeovil 0 : 4 Manchester United 90' N/A
FAC 17-02-2018 Huddersfield 0 : 2 Manchester United 90' N/A
UCL 21-02-2018 Sevilla 0 : 0 Manchester United 90' 7.17

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Agree with what Adam-Utd and 11101 said. The low centre of gravity helps you react quicker to a change in direction or a change of pace in the opposing player’s movement. The whole bending and slouching probably seems more pronounced and sheepish in Lindelof’s case because he is tall and relatively thin.
Yeah of course that's what it's for. My point is that he takes it to an extreme that makes him sluggish, slow to react and thus a less effective player. I hope he gets to play more the next weeks so we can either discard or credit this theory.

SATA

Seemed to have pick up Smalling's habit of pulling opposition players shirts. Or does he do it on a frequent basis when he was at Benfica?

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
Blind is streets ahead of him but Mourino is just hard headed. If he really trusted Lindelof he would've sold Blind by now like he was (just my guess) planning to do when he got the United job. Mourinho IMO just wants rid of all the players that LVG was really close to. It doesn't make sense to me that he allowed the more experienced TFM to go on loan and give McTominay chances this season for instance but I digress.
And you base this on Sanchez having an off day. :lol:

Once again, why do you think Tuanzebe is in the Championship and not the Premiership?

Looks like six matches.

Tuanzebe is clearly good enough to play in the Premiership, and indeed for MUFC if Lindelof is (given how much better he was v Swansea), it's just that Mourinho obviously favours Lindelof (understandably since he bought him) but also Darmian and Blind (less understandably). Had Lindelof not been bought, and he was not a required signing (in fact I'd say Chelsea, and certainly Liverpool, needed him more), then hopefully Tuanzebe would have got plenty of games.

As I've always said, Lindelof's nationality, national team and cost should have meant he was an immediate first teamer at CB, and therefore never played at RB. He isn't Smalling of 2010 or Jones of 2011.

Sir Alex didn't even buy COMPETITION for the far less talented Butt and the Nevilles.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Tuanzebe is clearly good enough to play in the Premiership, and indeed for MUFC if Lindelof is (given how much better he was v Swansea), it's just that Mourinho obviously favours Lindelof (understandably since he bought him) but also Darmian and Blind (less understandably). Had Lindelof not been bought, and he was not a required signing (in fact I'd say Chelsea, and certainly Liverpool, needed him more), then hopefully Tuanzebe would have got plenty of games.

As I've always said, Lindelof's nationality, national team and cost should have meant he was an immediate first teamer at CB, and therefore never played at RB. He isn't Smalling of 2010 or Jones of 2011.

Sir Alex didn't even buy COMPETITION for the far less talented Butt and the Nevilles.
I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but Tuanzebe is a bench warmer in Aston Villa. :lol:

Nick7

I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but Tuanzebe is a bench warmer in Aston Villa. :lol:
Been available for 5 games. Played in 3. One of those games was days after he joined. Started their last two matches. Keep your laughing face to yourself.

Web of Bissaka

Looks like six matches.

Because Aston Villa is interested, and a big advantage too - big chance for Axel to learn from both Steve Bruce and John Terry, two of the best CBs in the game.

It would also means he have a higher chance of playing there, since Aston have low number of defenders or something, need the cover for fatigue refreshment and added quality competition. Are there even any EPL clubs who are interested? It's already mid-season, so understandable if no clubs are willing to risk it last month. United would also likely to reject it, low chance of him playing games at EPL.

Lindelof's 6 clean sheet run is impressive, after his high profile defensive errors early season - playing it safe and proper, and better concentration.

We only have Smalling available, and we don't want to rush-risk Bailly back to Jones's room, so I say it's time to give Lindelof chance.

If he plays against Chelsea, it would be his biggest test so far.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Been available for 5 games. Played in 3. One of those games was days after he joined. Started their last two matches. Keep your laughing face to yourself.
He's played two matches from start as right back because El Mohamady got injured. The third match was a couple of minutes as a sub.
I mean, Kane was a bench-warmer for a lower-league Leicester team.
How old was Kane at that point?
Most, if not all, players were "bench warmers" if you look at 5 games when they were 20.
Right now he's warming the bench at Aston Villa so let's just conclude once and for all that he presently isn't good enough for PL. If he one day might be is simply not relevant.

edgar allan

Right now he's warming the bench at Aston Villa so let's just conclude once and for all that he presently isn't good enough for PL. If he one day might be is simply not relevant.
I'd be confident that Lindelof would be keeping the bench warm for a good few clubs also.

Nick7

He's played two matches from start as right back because El Mohamady got injured. The third match was a couple of minutes as a sub.

How old was Kane at that point?

26 minutes is not a couple of minutes. You're having a mare here.

He's also not warming the bench, as I mentioned. You're having a mare here.

Nickosaur

Smarten up.

At Villa, Terry and Chester are the undisputed CB partnership. So he went knowing he'd mostly be getting games at RB, but could be used at CB if Terry is fatigued. He started their last two games, unfortunately he's got an injury now, big shame. He has a massive future at this club.
Lindelof has been better recently but still has a lot to prove imo. Has not justified the price tag but there is a lot to like about him.

Web of Bissaka

:p No. Not enough sample of games to conclude that.

In defence of Tuanzebe, the few EPL games he did with us, he have played excellently in one and solid in the rest, so there is a good promise there. Still, not enough games to assess fairly like what TFM have experienced this season. Still, it's not enough to conclude Axel is not good enough.

Back to discussing Lindelof.

Status
Not open for further replies.