Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
At this point Blind is better than him
Oh get off it, he's been fine. Smalling has made a couple of good blocks but he was also responsible for leaving Muriel free towards the end, drawing that insane save from DDG. Lindelof misplaced one pass, and made one excellent interception, hasn't had a lot to do otherwise.

Fredrik.A

People see one mistake and he's done a shit half. He's been quite solid. The problem today (so far) are not the CBs..

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Lindelof has been fine you melodramatic lot. Just fecked up with that step over.

The worse thing about this place is how people are quicker to pull our own players down than big them up. It’s ridiculous.

Based Adnan

He's been good. Stopped a dangerous counter attack in which a man was free on the Sevilla right.

That pass in the penalty area is on De Gea. He clearly heard a shout hence why he left it but De Gea was indecisive as he often is when not on his line.

nemean

A bit confused here what exactly has he done wrong seems to have had an ok half? Or do people just hate him because its the "cool" thing to do right now?

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
I'm not sure Lindelof has been bad as such, but because he is not British, he was bought from a non-British club, he is first choice for his country and he cost 35 million, he should only have been bought as first choice right now, not as a developmental player.

Tuanzebe was incontrovertibly better v Swansea, so he should have been given the same chances subsequently as Lindelof, the only reason he hasn't is because Lindelof was a purchase.

ETA: Pochettino would have played Tuanzebe over Lindelof many times, and NEVER played the Swede at RB over Axel. (I guess he'd have sold Darmian and Blind too.)

Nedved

I just want to remind everyone that Bonucci looked a bit like a reckless clown when he arrived At Juve in 2010. He needed more than 2 years to win back the fans’ confidence, and another two to become world class.

Not saying Lindelöf is Bonucci, but some players need a little time to build confidence and get the mistakes out of their game.

yamo123x

He is doing well. Still think he would be better in a 3 but he is quietly.going about his job well

AR87

Thought he was fine. If he ever had options to play between the lines when he's in possession he'd probaby add some needed composure on the ball out of the back to our build up play. It's absurd how often he receives the ball and has no option aside from play a ball out wide to the full back, go back to DDG, kick it over to Smalling or launch it towards Lukaku.

Then we have Smalling who gets given the time of day and can barely find the courage to play a sideways pass to the fullback.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
I’m having a laugh. I didn’t know you had a talk with Poch and were told that he wants Tuanzebe. Maybe he wants Fosu-Mensah at right back as well?

”Oi mate I’m British too, please let me play”. :lol:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm still not impressed with his distribution - his supposed strength. I mean, the actual passing is alright but his basically does the same as Smalling - pass it on to the nearest man. Only he looks better doing it, because who wouldn't. He's no Daley Blind, that's for sure.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
I’m having a laugh. I didn’t know you had a talk with Poch and were told that he wants Tuanzebe. Maybe he wants Fosu-Mensah at right back as well?

”Oi mate I’m British too, please let me play”. :lol:
Fosu-Mensah isn't British of course :lol:

And yes, I doubt Pochettino would have played Lindelof at RB over Tuanzebe. CB, maybe. That's the Swede's position, and he's not a developmental player.

Kag

I'm still not impressed with his distribution - his supposed strength. I mean, the actual passing is alright but his basically does the same as Smalling - pass it on to the nearest man. Only he looks better doing it, because who wouldn't. He's no Daley Blind, that's for sure.
Agreed. Blind's passing is on a different tier. He's also better at defending, to be honest.

I really want to warm to Lindelof but I just don't really see his purpose here - as there's no stand out attributes that elevate him above any of our other options.

simpandenstore

When we have zero interest to go attack and no one is showing himself, ofcourse he passes to the nearest person, as almost everybody seems to be doing right now. A distribution player needs alternatives.
You can see he always looking for options when advancing.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Fosu-Mensah isn't British of course :lol:

And yes, I doubt Pochettino would have played Lindelof at RB over Tuanzebe. CB, maybe. That's the Swede's position, and he's not a developmental player.
Tell me why you are repeating ”the Swede” like a mental patient. :lol:

Loublaze

ATLien
Agreed. Blind's passing is on a different tier. He's also better at defending, to be honest.

I really want to warm to Lindelof but I just don't really see his purpose here - as there's no stand out attributes that elevate him above any of our other options.
Blind is streets ahead of him but Mourino is just hard headed. If he really trusted Lindelof he would've sold Blind by now like he was (just my guess) planning to do when he got the United job. Mourinho IMO just wants rid of all the players that LVG was really close to. It doesn't make sense to me that he allowed the more experienced TFM to go on loan and give McTominay chances this season for instance but I digress.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Keep him in the team.
Should be him and Baily.
We need CBs that can play.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
Tell me why you are repeating ”the Swede” like a mental patient. :lol:
Quite simply, because he is Swedish. I did say "Lindelof" more often than I said "the Swede" tbh.

I maintain he should have been bought as a first choice only, not as a developmental player.

Last edited:

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Decent today but has anyone else noticed his gutless posture when defending one on one? He bends his upper body forward while crouching a little, making his head face straight into the ground.

It's not a dominating posture. As someone else said, he needs to inprove his aggression. Straighten your back bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loublaze

ATLien
Decent today but has anyone else noticed his gutless posture when defending one on one? He bends his upper body forward while crouching a little, making his head face straight into the ground.

It's not a dominating posture. As someone else said, he needs to inprove his aggression. Straighten your back bro.
I don't think that can be coached. Lindelof is just not an imposing figure at the back. I'd like to see Tuanzebe get a proper chance next season. Villa fans are already raving about him even though he debuted at RB.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
One of the few bright spots to come from that game. He's looked really good lately whenever he played. A couple of slightly loose passes at the start that nothing happened but that was it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
At this point Blind is better than him
Not your point but Blind whenever hed played as a center back has been pretty much solid and very reliable. He's mediocre in midfield and inconsistent at left back, quality as part of a back 3 but generally solid as part of a back 2. So yeah.

ti vu

Not your point but Blind whenever hed played as a center back has been pretty much solid and very reliable. He's mediocre in midfield and inconsistent at left back, quality as part of a back 3 but generally solid as part of a back 2. So yeah.
I disagree. It's too simplistic looking it like that. Blind is very good against team play with a systematic forward ( for my lack of better word). That type of forward is what I described Lukaku, Dolsberg... easier to isolate from their team support players. Smalling often do the man marking job while Blind sweep. Blind has trouble against team that mix thing up, which mostly due to his lack of physicality. Sevilla is one of these teams. Their attack options are variable with great intensity and they are quite physical for a Spanish team. Blind like Smalling has an issue with positional discipline. From time to time when to sleep and playing opposition onside. Today even Valencia had a bad game. Young being Young, not very solid defensively. Blind with his lack of physicality IMO would make it worse against this Sevilla team than help, basically leaving Smalling to defend on his own.

Lindelof ain't performing at world classs level and makes mistake here and then, but he has adecent game. Since the start of the season where he was a liability, he has improved. For a player who can shake off all the bad tough and improve under difficult circumstances, it's promising sign there is more to come. Why is the harsh judgement? It's not like he has been starting every game and keeping better players out of the team. He is chipping in work as squad member when others ain't available and has done a decent job.

Last edited:

kundalini

I thought he played well, with only one mad moment after Ashley Young's error.

Status
Not open for further replies.