Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When playing against small and quick attackers he is good. He has problems with big and strong attackers. Must work on muscles this summer.

A-man

Think he performed very well Again’s the Gunners, but will still struggle to see the point of him here. I don’t think he’s a better player than Tuanzebe.
I can understand that people compare him with Tuanzebe all the time, as he kind of took his place. But I still wonder if that comparison isn't mostly based on emotions, or how can people know so much about Tuanzebe? If I read the stats correctly, Tuanzebe has played just a little more than 3 PL matches and some time in cups.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
Think he performed very well Again’s the Gunners, but will still struggle to see the point of him here. I don’t think he’s a better player than Tuanzebe.
My main point. And absolutely hated him being played RB with Blind at CB in the cup when it should have been Victor at CB (he is not a developmental player, whatever Mourinho thinks, he is not British, he came from a non-British club, he is first choice for his country and he cost 35 million) and Axel at RB.

If Lindelof ever plays RB again with Tuanzebe or TFM left out of the squad, the latter two should leave.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
I can understand that people compare him with Tuanzebe all the time, as he kind of took his place. But I still wonder if that comparison isn't mostly based on emotions, or how can people know so much about Tuanzebe? If I read the stats correctly, Tuanzebe has played just a little more than 3 PL matches and some time in cups.
The point is, because of Lindelof's nationality, previous club team, national team experience and cost, he should have been bought as an immediate first choice only, not as a developmental player to replace Tuanzebe.

And of course, the fact that Tuanzebe was far better than Lindelof v Swansea means it was utterly ridiculous the Swede was preferred afterwards.

Or at least Darmian, Blind and one other should have been sold.

A-man

The point is, because of Lindelof's nationality, previous club team, national team experience and cost, he should have been bought as an immediate first choice only, not as a developmental player to replace Tuanzebe.

And of course, the fact that Tuanzebe was far better than Lindelof v Swansea means it was utterly ridiculous the Swede was preferred afterwards.

Or at least Darmian, Blind and one other should have been sold.
Well, that is your opinion that nationality etc is so important, but I am still curious how everybody seems so sure that Tuanzebe is so amazing, given he has played very few minutes in PL and even less as a loan player one divison down.

I think some people get a bit emotional here and exaggerate a little, like 'far better against Swansea'. Both were decent, none of them great. Tuanzebe slightly better I agree, but a coach doesn't only look at one occasion against Swansea but the whole picture; all matches, trainings, and also the plan ahead. Lindelof has played well in several matches and found himself on the bench in the next. Man of the match in his last match, but I am not sure he will start next the one.

It is great to give academy players some more chances than others, but for me it would be Rojo or Jones out, not Lindelof. But for Tuanzebe it is probably quite good to look for a new club, as United have several good CB and it will very tough for him to become a starting player. He is turning 21 this season and needs to play.

West Ham 0:0 Man Utd

Devil may care

Obviously Mourinho will use Jones in the cup final but in the laqst few appearences I feel like Lindelof is starting to settle and look more composed and up to speed with the PL.

simplyared

No he's still not doing it for me. Doesn't make any decisive tackles, doesn't win any balls in the air and just passes the ball sideways or to the nearest player available. How he gets in the side before Bailly is beyond me!

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Obviously Mourinho will use Jones in the cup final but in the laqst few appearences I feel like Lindelof is starting to settle and look more composed and up to speed with the PL.
Totally agree but his defensive basics still lack (His body shape to read danger is so poor he has many blind spots) he looks like a midfielder playing defence to me. Love his composure on the ball and he is getting tougher by the game but if he doesn’t learn basics he’ll get destroyed in the bigger games by the top forwards. Like we sat against Madrid when they quickly realised this and played on this in the second game if memory serves me right (anybody wanting to watch look at him calling for offside (Madrid goal) after not realising a forward had pealed onto the blindside Lindelof offered). That’s what’s worrying about this kid.

FrantikChicken

I really don't understand people's hate for this guy. He's 23 years old and plays as a central defender. He's just come in from a vastly different league. To expect him to already be a nailed on starter already is madness in my opinion. Great players like Evra and Vidic also took time to settle and get things figured out. Lindelof is also coming into a squad that is very much still figuring out its identity, rather than simply slotting into a well oiled SAF machine.

Litch

I really don't understand people's hate for this guy. He's 23 years old and plays as a central defender. He's just come in from a vastly different league. To expect him to already be a nailed on starter already is madness in my opinion. Great players like Evra and Vidic also took time to settle and get things figured out. Lindelof is also coming into a squad that is very much still figuring out its identity, rather than simply slotting into a well oiled SAF machine.
Spot on. Even with the lad showing clear improvement still has the haters hating. Whether he is good enough for this league or not, the irony will be not cause he can actually play football....but because he can't do the things that say Smalling can....like I said oh the irony.

Ekeke

I think the main difference with those players is that even when Evra and Vidic were new to the league and not performing well yet, you could still see the outstanding attributes that they would later use to become world class players. Evra was fast and good on the ball, Vidic liked a tackle and was physical.

What are we seeing from Lindelof that seperates him from our other CBs? He's just been very ordinary in every aspect. That doesnt mean he wont come good next season but thats the difference and the worry for me, that even his supposed strengths arent standing out.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's looking a lot better compared to the start of the season, but he really needs to improve next season otherwise he'll be gone and be considered a flop for the rest of his career would be a shame because he seems like a decent guy.

You can't really find fault with Mourinho's record of buying defenders over his career but you do have to wonder about Lindelof, they called him the "Ice man" because how calm he is on the ball, I think someone must've been having a joke when they said that because it couldn't be any further from the truth. He looks frightened every time someone looks like they're even planning to pass the ball to him. He always points as if to say keep it away from me.

simplyared

To begin with I'm not a fan but hate is totally out of concept. Imv Lindelöf is not good enough to play for Manchester United. He is too far away from getting to the required level. Saying - "Give him another season" "he's only 24" bla bla bla, is rubbish. For me he lacks the basics to become that player. You cannot compare him with the likes of Evra and Vidic. The main issue with Vidic in the beginning was his fitness. Remember Paddy Crerand saying after his first game: "you can see he can put it about!" Both these players had the basics, anyone could see that! Linderlöf doesn't make any decisive tackles, he's not hard enough (doesn't put it about), his arial contribution is almost non existent. He looks uncomfortable on the ball (wants to get rid asap). Watch him when he gets the ball, most of the time he goes inside and opts for the easy pass. Still don't understand how we could go all the way to Portugal to fish him out when there are much better young CB's a lot nearer home we could have brought to the club.

Litch

I think the main difference with those players is that even when Evra and Vidic were new to the league and not performing well yet, you could still see the outstanding attributes that they would later use to become world class players. Evra was fast and good on the ball, Vidic liked a tackle and was physical.

What are we seeing from Lindelof that seperates him from our other CBs? He's just been very ordinary in every aspect. That doesnt mean he wont come good next season but thats the difference and the worry for me, that even his supposed strengths arent standing out.
Name the players in the Utd squad that Evra or Vidic arrived?

Minimalist

Honestly can't remember anything bar the Huddersfield match that would concern me greatly. He's no worse than Jones, Rojo or Bailly. In fact all of our centre-backs have flaws (as do most centre-backs everywhere to be fair).

The problem is all three of those players have questions marks over them so it's not a huge compliment. He's got excuses on his side though (first season, new to the league etc).

Perfectly acceptable first season in my view - we can scrutinise him more next season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Agreed with Ekeke. Can't see him as our future CB. Maybe as squad player, he's fine; just because he seems like he can stay fit.

But then, I didn't know that Pique would have a career like his now, while Evans is in a team fighting relegation.

haram

It’s mainly the physicality aspect that he has to adapt to. He has to show it next year.

A-man

Honestly can't remember anything bar the Huddersfield match that would concern me greatly. He's no worse than Jones, Rojo or Bailly. In fact all of our centre-backs have flaws (as do most centre-backs everywhere to be fair).

The problem is all three of those players have questions marks over them so it's not a huge compliment. He's got excuses on his side though (first season, new to the league etc).

Perfectly acceptable first season in my view - we can scrutinise him more next season.
I agree. Overall I think he had a good season. Anyways, he might go for a loan to Wolverhampton next season and maybe that will be good to get more hours on the pitch. If that happens, the others need to stay fit or there will be a CB problem.

A-man

You can't really find fault with Mourinho's record of buying defenders over his career but you do have to wonder about Lindelof, they called him the "Ice man" because how calm he is on the ball, I think someone must've been having a joke when they said that because it couldn't be any further from the truth. He looks frightened every time someone looks like they're even planning to pass the ball to him. He always points as if to say keep it away from me.
He looks very calm with the ball, maybe you haven’t seen last 10-15 matches?

Ljungster

kaempen

They are quite clearly dumb.. How one even would be close to choose Lindelöf ahead of some guy like Darmian is beyond me. He had a shaky start but has since then became a reliable option at CB..
It's a very ignorant pick. I get the impression that the person who wrote it hasn't watched football since the Huddersfield game.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Quite hopeful he'll improve, though I was thinking the same about Mkhitaryan last year.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's a very ignorant pick. I get the impression that the person who wrote it hasn't watched football since the Huddersfield game.
They also rated Morata (15 goals in 48 matches) as Chelsea's worst player

Javi

Great scenery for the picture there, truly exceptional.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's already improved from when he first joined. Jose said we'll need to be patient with him and I hope our fanbase is prepared to be. I think he can be a very good player if he kicks on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He'd been improving as the season went on,think it will continue.

Almost a shame hes at the World Cup. Some time in the gym and proper preparation are needed ahead of next season. He's got the tools to be a good defender.

Red_toad

Almost a shame hes at the World Cup. Some time in the gym and proper preparation are needed ahead of next season. He's got the tools to be a good defender.
Slow and poor in the air aren’t fixable by the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.